Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New controllers from Denon (DN-MC6000 & DN-SC2000) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don' t know If i like the design yet of that new controller.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 7:37 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is awesome! Stuff the vms4...

Only gripe I have is that the cueing vu meter is not independant from the master volume.

Fader start is not a problem either as you can map it via midi within vdj to do the same.

Will it be HID or MIDI?

Posted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 9:50 pm
l_rids wrote :
Stuff the vms4

You might want to rethink that cause its only "2in/2out" where as the VMS4 "Selectable USB modes: 4 in 4 out mode for running software effects on phono/line analog channels or 2 in 8 out mode for running 4 software channels and master recording". I dont understand why or how Denon is getting away with it calling it a "4 Deck Controller". Guess will just have to wait and see.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 10:50 pm
l_rids wrote :

Only gripe I have is that the cueing vu meter is not independant from the master volume.

Fader start is not a problem either as you can map it via midi within vdj to do the same.

Will it be HID or MIDI?

If you map it it's always on. If it's hardware it can more easily be turned on/off.

I use fader star but only a few time during the night.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 11:10 pm
If I can't hook up my Denon BU4500 CD tray to it, then I am out... When will these companies make something that works? I want an all in one that is a full midi controller as in the mixer/crossfader(where the mixdeck falls short) and be able to have a cd back up(where the denon falls short) it would be a home run. Full midi control, sound card with XLR out, monitor control, sratch/pitch control, cd back up in case computer takes a dump. Just do it and I will buy, lol

Posted Wed 18 Aug 10 @ 1:34 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
l_rids wrote :
Stuff the vms4

You might want to rethink that cause its only "2in/2out" where as the VMS4 "Selectable USB modes: 4 in 4 out mode for running software effects on phono/line analog channels or 2 in 8 out mode for running 4 software channels and master recording". I dont understand why or how Denon is getting away with it calling it a "4 Deck Controller". Guess will just have to wait and see.

I think 4 deck is stupid unless you have 4 jog wheels/platters. I think if you want a 4 deck option, 2 will be virtual via vdj and the other 2 via cd/vinyl players.

I do agree with jim though. the mixdeck was so close as the perfect option except the mixer wasn't midi. You need a small backup option like ipod dock or small usb hard drive slot with small LED display.

Posted Wed 18 Aug 10 @ 2:03 am
Sonido Alto Voltaje wrote :
l_rids wrote :

Will it be HID or MIDI?

If you map it it's always on. If it's hardware it can more easily be turned on/off.

I use fader star but only a few time during the night.

There may be a work around through some complicated mapping to disable/enable. Fader start is a nice feature though they should of thought of.

Posted Wed 18 Aug 10 @ 2:05 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
jimspinnin wrote :
If I can't hook up my Denon BU4500 CD tray to it, then I am out... When will these companies make something that works? I want an all in one that is a full midi controller as in the mixer/crossfader(where the mixdeck falls short) and be able to have a cd back up(where the denon falls short) it would be a home run. Full midi control, sound card with XLR out, monitor control, sratch/pitch control, cd back up in case computer takes a dump. Just do it and I will buy, lol

Jim, there is no display on the MC6000, otherwise we would have supported the BU4500.
If we added a display, product becomes bigger (its 6U now) and bam! another $200 to the current price tag.

Posted Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 6:30 am
@ Denon Dj:

...and right afterwards add motorized faders, knobs (see some Yamaha or Soundcraft Stage Mixing boards) and jogwheels (you've already done that with DN-S3700) and you're golden!!! (I wouldn't mind the price tag!)
Just an old dream!!!!

Posted Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 6:48 am
MeowMixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Yea this baby looks like the upgrade to my RMX. I dont see what the problem with the 2usb channels is. You run 4 decks virtually.

Posted Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 2:57 pm
I understand, but if there was something that was a COMPLETE all in one, it would be worth the price to me. Means I still need to lug around a backup because I don't ever totally trust a computer.

Posted Sat 21 Aug 10 @ 3:01 am
Motorized faders?

Gee wiz, what the heel are they?

Motorized platters would of been trick.

Posted Sat 21 Aug 10 @ 8:05 pm
Actually motorized faders are faders that can get a MIDI signal and change their position. In other words, if you had motorized faders on your controller, the pitch fader for instance would always revert to 0 by itself when you loaded a new track, while if you moved the on-screen pitch fader, the hardware one would move too...

Motorized faders were born before a few years when sound engineers wanted to create big stage mixing boards in "small" housing for one sound engineer to be able to handle them.

Same rule applies on motorized knobs.

Posted Sat 21 Aug 10 @ 9:00 pm
I've just placed a pre-order for the MC-6000, supposedly due at the start of October.

I never use more than 2 decks so it's perfect for me!

Keith

Posted Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 1:15 pm
Finaly found a video someone put up on the MC-6000
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJr5gGRDk4[/youtube]

Posted Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 2:19 pm
Jam Master Rob wrote :
Finaly found a video someone put up on the MC-6000
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJr5gGRDk4[/youtube]

Finally a video! I don't know why Denon never put a video of this unit on their youtube channel, they had videos for all the other new items just not this one.

Thanks for the video link =)

Posted Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 2:50 pm

Posted Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 3:28 pm
Now if they would just put on the market!

Posted Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 3:45 pm
Looking like November according to Silvio over at the DenonDJ forums.

Posted Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 3:48 pm
Funny how it didn't work at BPM, not even at the Denon stand. Working on firmware I was told.

Must say though, it's the nicest all in one yet.

Posted Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 4:17 pm
80%