Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New Skin VMS4PRO - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The Shift Buttons should only be viewable when i press them. It´s also on VMS4.
But Vinyl and Keylock should be always viewable if it´s activated.

Video crossfader auto & link i can´t see in Original-LE-Skin...

Posted Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 5:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I guess we are not talking about the same skin ..lol.

This topic is about my skin American Audio VMS4 Pro not the LE which VDJ Team provided to AA.

Posted Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 5:13 pm
Ok, thought u mean the Original Skin from LE (I dont use it^^)

Now i see... I wrote:
"In the mixer no buttons for video_crossfader_link and video_crossfader_auto"
You see? NO buttons for that is what i mean, because i don´t use video^^

Posted Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 5:21 pm
So much downloads but...no other meanings or questions to djdad?

Posted Fri 03 Sep 10 @ 4:44 am
Congratulations for your new skin djdad.... thats cool.... likes much, but the video panels are very small. I Want to see that beams with this skin for vdj 7 ..

Posted Sat 04 Sep 10 @ 6:51 pm
in this skin the video box has a film roll in it when playing mp3s is there a way of getting a other logo up in this box?

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 3:55 am
you can edit the bmp file with Paint or any other graphic software and replace the logo with the one you wish.

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 3:03 pm
ok how ,whitch line in the skin is the bmp file !

Posted Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 5:37 pm
@ rolyspeller-you need to open the winrar file so you can see the bmp file(the images used in tha skin) and a xml file(what makes it Active).this 2 together make a skin.now you can re-paint the bmp image file in windows paint (right click it choose "open with paint") or other application.xml files are rewritten and modified in windows notepad which you will find if you right click and choose "open with notepad".with the bmp image and the video windows you can paint over them "film" graphics a matching color,but them you save it to (finish the job) as an bmp file(choose "save as" and the same name as the original file and replace.in the bottom of the "save screen" if you dont see the bmp file name ending in a ".bmp" then type a "." and it should show up(or go ahead and type it in.both bmp & xml files must have the same name so they can work together.good luck! Oh! and why not use the visual plugins? clipbank,sonique,slideshow can run and show on the screen while you're mixing mp3's.

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 3:44 am
thetracker510 wrote :
Oh! and why not use the visual plugins? clipbank,sonique,slideshow can run and show on the screen while you're mixing mp3's.

I think this is what he meant from the beggining ...

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 7:54 am
Could you please add an UNLOAD button to this skin. otherwise it's perfect.

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 12:11 pm
Told this before :-) Think, djdad noticed that.
- Unload
- "better" colors
- One Shift instead of two
- higher fader instead of the picture
- NO Video-Crossfader-Link-Button and no Video-Crossfader-Auto Button (Better: Nothing with Video on MP3-Mixer-Screen)

this is my first wishlist^^

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 2:38 pm
Yeah Bob,noticed thst After i wrote all that...ha!

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 6:40 pm
Thanks so much! However, I can't find the zoom in and out control for the rhythm section. Most other skins have this. If I switch to another skin & zoom in or out there and switch back, your VMS4 Pro skin will update with the new zoom in or out settings, but I don't see how to do this without temporarily switching skins.
Did I miss something? Btw, most other skins have a setup something like on the left having a bar you can scroll up and down to zoom in and out, whereas on the right are three preset options: one zoomed out, one in, & one in between.
In any case, for now, to zoom in our out I'll have to do the temporary-switch-to-different-skin-&-back. Or if I just missed it, let me know!
Thanks so much!
- Harpaul

PS: My only other suggestion to to maybe create a bit more room horizontally in the rhythm window. This can be accomplished by moving the overlap/split option column to the right next to the X & config buttons, moving the master/balance/mi vol columns to the left, and making the logos all the way on the left smaller or moving them to the right. This will create the desired extra bit of horizontal space.

Posted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 11:17 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
If you are using a mouse, place the mouse pointer over the rhythm and then scroll with the mousewheel.

With a trackpad, if it is multitouch, you can scroll with two fingers over the rhythm, or scroll with one finger by placing it completely on the right.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 4:53 am
Ick, using just the touch pad that's built into the VMS4, or with my laptop non-multi-touch pad, I still couldn't get it to work. Given that's it's a skin for VMS4, it should be compatible with the VMS4 pad.
As mentioned, in addition to just user-controlled zooming, it would also be useful to be able to click a pre-set zoom, like the 1, 2, or 3 as mentioned. As mentioned, most skins have both these features. Thx!!

Posted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 11:08 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
If you aren't using the touchstrips of your VMS4, their default action, when the shift button is pressed, is "song position".

You could map these touchstrips to the "zoom" action. This would let you change the zoom level from the VMS4.

Posted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 4:11 am
In next ver (update) i will try to make the rhythm view larger (wider). Ok...

I might add zoom slider as well but i think this is something that a user doesnt change quite often especially live. Personally i never add zoom slider on my skins. I use mouse wheel for this. Once its adjusted i never change it afterwards.

Posted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 10:33 am
Thanks!

Actually, I adjust the zoom frequently, so there are some users (at least me) who would use the feature if/when you put it in.
Thx!

Posted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 5:17 pm
You know, it's really easy & not a big deal to just switch for a few seconds to another skin & then switch back, so don't worry about that.

Actually, one thing that would be useful would be an option that, if you put the pointer on top of a point in the waveform, it would (as a rollover) show you what minute:seconds position you're at. This is useful if you want to know how much time you have you have left until a certain point in the song.
The alternative is to load the same song on the other deck and click where one wants, but this prevents you from using the other deck.

Posted Mon 20 Sep 10 @ 5:32 pm
25%