Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
jaakko wrote :
Is it true that the crossfader cannot be mapped to video xfader??

no, crossfader is original mapped as video_crossfader

Braenzu

Posted Sun 15 Aug 10 @ 2:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As stated the crossfader is mapped to the video_crossfader, there is no need to map it to the audio_crossfader for reasons I posted earlier.

Also, any thing that is S_ in the definition means that you need to use the Shift+ to get to it. So S_TouchSlider would be Shift+Touchslider.

Posted Sun 15 Aug 10 @ 4:24 pm
@cstoll :

I would like to parameter the touchslider to move in my browser ?

What the action name i can use in the mappeur ?
I tried "Browser_scroll", it's don't work
I tried "param_greater 50% ? browser_scroll + 1 : browser_scroll -1" don't work too...

Can you help me ?

Thanks a lot

PS : Sorry for my poor english...

Posted Sun 15 Aug 10 @ 5:34 pm
@djodjo33 - from the bottom of page 6 -

cstoll wrote :
mp3jrick wrote :
Personally Chris, I would have used the touch load pads for just that and use the touch sliders for record case scrolling.

Can't be done because of how the touch sliders work .... this was the first thing that was attempted when trying to do folder and track browsing.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 12:06 am
Used the VMS4 up against the Ecler Nuo on saturday and it was it's equal in sound quality.

I updated to the new firmware before I went and I had no issue's with the way it operated. All the people I showed it to including the sound engineer were very impressed with everything about the unit.

I still haven't used it in analogue mode yet which will be my next trial in a couple of weeks.

I have to say as well that the way Virtual DJ works with the VMS4 is superb. Again everyone who got to see it were very impressed.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 3:49 am
cstoll wrote :
Can't be done because of how the touch sliders work .... this was the first thing that was attempted when trying to do folder and track browsing.

But the touch sliders work fine with Traktor for this use*, so it would appear to be a VDJ issue rather than the sliders themselves...

* as can be seen in old YouTube videos of VMS4 + Traktor demos.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 4:16 am
groovindj wrote :
cstoll wrote :

But the touch sliders work fine with Traktor for this use*, so it would appear to be a VDJ issue rather than the sliders themselves...

I hope Atomix will find a solution... The slide are very important to navigate in browsers.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 4:22 am
Uh oh!

Now Denon have announced the DN-MC6000....

Very similar to the VMS4 but with a few added bells and whistles.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 5:02 am
groovindj wrote :
Uh oh!

Now Denon have announced the DN-MC6000....

Very similar to the VMS4 but with a few added bells and whistles.

Cool !

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 6:50 am
It was bound to happen and I'm guessing some of the issues us early adopters are facing are because ADJ wanted to be first to market (just an opinion of course), however first to market does not always mean best.

It will be interesting to see if you guys in the US get to see this at the forthcoming Expo. If so, report back - but not here as this is the VMS4 thread!

Roy

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 6:51 am
@GroovinDJ, I see you've accepted the personal touch from AA. I'm getting that too should be towards the end of this week.

Whereabouts are you? If you're close enough it may maye sense to come together on this.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 7:07 am
I've not heard from Simon Fletcher yet.

I'm in the south, near London.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 7:20 am
I'm North Essex - Clacton. Whereabouts in London are you? Are you free later this week?

The plan is to set up in the club and try the VMS4 out against my old Q-SD mixer and the clubs DJM-600.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 7:24 am
I'm not in London, I'm near London! :-)

Where's the club?

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 8:40 am
On Clacton Pier!

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 9:24 am
111 miles away - no, I think I'd rather have them come to me...

:D

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 10:07 am
lol... yeah sounds like a better option and as Simon has to drive from even further south, chances are he''l get to you first ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 10:17 am
groovindj wrote :
cstoll wrote :

And what you don't understand is that the 'guts' of the unit are nothing to what is in that OLD - pointless - video. You can not compare a what was and what never happened - to a what is ...

You are a pro user - if you can make it work - you have all the tools to your disposal in the VDJScript - give it a try.

Chris
Hardware Development
VirtualDJ/Atomix Productions

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 12:37 pm
So the spec changed? They downgraded it?

How are we supposed to know that? We see the original videos, we buy the product, we expect it to do what was shown.

Why shouldn't we?

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 1:39 pm
groovindj wrote :
we expect it to do what was shown.

Why shouldn't we?

Because it's not the same software.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 2:24 pm
23%