Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 6.1.1 - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TerraNov wrote :
To the fellow with the "only 30 seconds of audio/video on Netsearch". I've had the same issue and it seems related to a file being in a process of downloading to cache. A few seconds after you start the download, it shows 30 secs (sometimes 29 or so) of length, but if you let it complete the download, the file will be of correct length and after a screen refresh will also show the correct value.

This was the issue on my setup. I don't post very often, but that's only because this versatile piece of software has served me perfectly, at least since v6.0 when all the crashing ceased. Thanks Atomix, keep 'em coming.

I was the one saying that I was unable to load more than 30 seconds of video, but I'm pretty sure your solution won't work in my situation for two reasons.

1) I don't just load approximately 30 seconds of the song. I actually get the onscreen popup that states that I'm only authorized to sample 30 seconds.

2) I'm not a premium subscriber to Netsearch.

I think that the issue is that now you must be a premium Netsearch member to get more than 30 seconds of play time now, even for video. It wasn't this way in the previous release, where subscribing for $9.99 per month gave you music capabilities, but videos were still free. If I'm incorrect, someone please correct me so I know if I should be looking further into a solution for my issue. If I am in fact correct, I have to wonder why there should be a subscription fee in order to access Youtube videos (albeit through the VirtualDJ interface).

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 11:40 pm
DJ Homeboy wrote :
djmazmarkallen wrote :
Hey Guys, when I updated my VDJ to 6.1.1 I lost my dac3 worked fine any version before that? I went back to VDJ 6.1 works fine now

Vista/ dell lappy dual core

This has been reported to the Dev Staff. For now users with a DAC 3 must use 6.1

Damn - got caught on this one - where can I download the 6.1.0 version?

Thanks

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 11:05 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 11:39 am

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 12:41 pm
VIP DISCO & KARAOKE wrote :
DJ Homeboy wrote :
djmazmarkallen wrote :
Hey Guys, when I updated my VDJ to 6.1.1 I lost my dac3 worked fine any version before that? I went back to VDJ 6.1 works fine now

This has been reported to the Dev Staff. For now users with a DAC 3 must use 6.1

Thanks

You do not have a copy of each version? You delete them after you install?

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 12:44 pm
uuuhhhhh ......

whatever yer new OS or controller....

there is probably a software version , like the last one , or this new one that work ....

don't lose old ones ......

don't distribute ......

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 5:59 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Did not want to come across harsh, but this past Saturday I needed to replace my HD. While I had it up on the bench, I updated to 6.1.1

Well, everything played nice. Great sound.

Put in the case w my DAC-3 and it only loads the track.

Hmmm.

I thought my OS partition was crap or maybe some files were corrupted. Not fun!

Well, after some hair pulling, decide to try the 6.0.8 that I had backed up and it worked. That's when I found this part of the thread.

Progress - not regress. :)

Posted Mon 02 Aug 10 @ 9:33 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The issues with the DAC-3 and 6.1.1 have already been mentioned in this thread as you've seen. Is there any need to repost it?

Posted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 5:12 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
VIP DISCO & KARAOKE wrote :
DJ Homeboy wrote :
djmazmarkallen wrote :

Thanks

You do not have a copy of each version? You delete them after you install?

Nope - I went from an earlier version to upgrade to 6.1.1 - I don't automatically upgrade everytime there is a new version as the check for updates always says I'm on the latest version. Is that another bug?

Posted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 9:27 am
I don't always upgrade to a new version either, but I download every version, and keep them. I need 5 days to test before I go live with a upgrade. I don't have issues, so I can keep using an older version. Once I did have an issue with an upgrade live. I put on a three minute song, went back to an earlier version I knew worked, and was mixing back in before the song went off. As for a bug in the "check for upgrade", I do not know of any bug, but then again, I do not use that feature. I actually come here and "check for an upgrade".

Posted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 10:17 pm
greghigPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is there a reason I cannot download the new update 6.1.1? It seems I can only download the 6.0.7. I am using the "Cue" version, but I thought it was the same as so many threads indicate. I really need the update as it solves several issues I am having.

Greg

Posted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 7:12 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Cue is a Numark product and as such has to be approved by them first.

Posted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 7:45 pm
Denon hs5500 now that this product is discontinued...was the platter issues experienced after 6.0 5 corrected.anybody out there who has tested it?

Posted Thu 05 Aug 10 @ 10:31 am
BrianocHome userMember since 2010
Hello everybody! Im new in this site.. but i started to play with vd 2 years ago. today i installed the virtual dj 6.1 and its fine but the ting is that i cant recording .. i dont know why.. cos befor i never had this problem. meybe about the windows 7 - 64bit system? "record error cant open mp3 encoder " the system said. can somebody say something ? :/

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 12:45 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Brianoc wrote :
Hello everybody! Im new in this site.. but i started to play with vd 2 years ago. today i installed the virtual dj 6.1 and its fine but the ting is that i cant recording .. i dont know why.. cos befor i never had this problem. meybe about the windows 7 - 64bit system? "record error cant open mp3 encoder " the system said. can somebody say something ? :/

You are asking this in the wrong topic, please use our support system.
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html
You need a full license to use virtualdj.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 1:05 pm

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 3:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)