Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 6.1.1 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Braenzu wrote :

Braenzu

Thanks, this helps explain the icons much better. Now, what is the difference between user and label? How can I search for videos ONLY?

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 10:26 am
AndrewPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To change search settings, click NetSearch, then click the circle directly to the right of the search window to check or un-check options.

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 10:30 am
Andrew wrote :
To change search settings, click NetSearch, then click the circle directly to the right of the search window to check or un-check options.

Duh, I gotta stop smoking this cheap meth, and go back to crack. Thanks Andrew, see you in AC.

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 10:58 am
I don't think I've been getting the auto update message when I start VDJ lately. I double checked and the feature was unchecked. I did check it again and still no update (when I restart) on my backup laptop. Plus, I goto the info page and a click "check for updates" and it says that 6.1 is up to date. Anyone else noticed this. I bring it up here because I've gone through two gigs not knowing what was happening with netsearch, when I could have done a quick update before my gigs (if I had known there was an update available).

A slick feature would be a message system when one logs onto the premium prompt, that would announce an update available and what it fixes.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 1:32 am
Just curious here, and correct me if I'm wrong. But what about the video freezes that many of us have been having over the PAST several dozen versions???
Has any thought gone into this at all?

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 1:55 am
It thought that had been sorted by a video memory setting in the registry tool?

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 4:32 pm
there are a lot ot thrads on the video issues, but mine were solved by turning Windows Aero OFF.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 5:11 pm
I have tried the update on two different machines and my dac 3 is no longer working in 6.1. It works fine in previous versions.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Scott

Posted Mon 26 Jul 10 @ 8:52 am
DAC-3 has work for me on all versions of VDJ PRO.

Posted Mon 26 Jul 10 @ 9:09 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2007
A Man and His Music wrote :
Braenzu wrote :

Braenzu

Thanks, this helps explain the icons much better. Now, what is the difference between user and label? How can I search for videos ONLY?

user = song was uploaded by user (quality checked by grooveshark)

label = song was directly uploaded by the label (quality checked by grooveshark)

Braenzu

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 1:38 am
If a problem can be solved quickly, why shouldn't a fix be provided?

Through all the threads on the video issue I have read on here, this obviously isn't a small problem and we all know that it is being worked on. We also know that Atomix like to build in native support for new devices and controllers and to do this they need to release updates.

So, while we know they are working on the bigger problems, it would be unfair if other fixes and new device/controller support had to queue behind this.

Let's not forget that Atomix are not the only software developers in the world and that this approach is not uncommon...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 5:23 am
We continue to work on fixes that require more time to analyze and give more attention. The fix for NetSearch required immediate attention and was made. The fact that 'new' controllers were added was a result of simply compiling the software. We have separate hardware developers that work with the various manufactures in providing support of their products. So Yes, in 99.9% of the situations where we might have to provide an immediate fix for a situation; new controllers or modifications to existing controllers will be a common addition in the release.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 7:07 am
So my issue with the new fix is that now I can't cache any new files. I have a premium membership "Connected Premium member" and i can load the full video but i cant cache it. also none of the music only searches can load i get "stream unavailable error".

To the guys with video freeze problems, i used to get 'em then i tried an external fan to cool my laptop. I never have problems with freezing or crashing now. hope this helps.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 11:53 pm
Okay my bad... a simple restart of the program seems to solve my problem.

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 12:03 am
Hey Guys, when I updated my VDJ to 6.1.1 I lost my dac3 worked fine any version before that? I went back to VDJ 6.1 works fine now

Vista/ dell lappy dual core

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 2:12 am
Thanks for the info, Braenzu

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 9:33 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
djmazmarkallen wrote :
Hey Guys, when I updated my VDJ to 6.1.1 I lost my dac3 worked fine any version before that? I went back to VDJ 6.1 works fine now

Vista/ dell lappy dual core

This has been reported to the Dev Staff. For now users with a DAC 3 must use 6.1

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 12:05 pm
My bad sorry

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 4:07 pm
To the fellow with the "only 30 seconds of audio/video on Netsearch". I've had the same issue and it seems related to a file being in a process of downloading to cache. A few seconds after you start the download, it shows 30 secs (sometimes 29 or so) of length, but if you let it complete the download, the file will be of correct length and after a screen refresh will also show the correct value.

This was the issue on my setup. I don't post very often, but that's only because this versatile piece of software has served me perfectly, at least since v6.0 when all the crashing ceased. Thanks Atomix, keep 'em coming.

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 12:09 am
For some reason after I updated the program is constantly accessing my external HD which is bad when your doing vids?? any idea??

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 2:48 pm
71%