Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OUT NOW] - VirtualDJ Basic Edition - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VirtualDJ Basic

VirtualDJ Basic, is an alternative to VirtualDJ Pro, for customers on a budget.

Designed for smaller venues, VirtualDJ Basic caters to DJ's who mix with a mouse and keyboard;
- it includes nearly all the features of VirtualDJ Pro, with only a few limitations.
- its currently at same version as VirtualDJ Pro, so you get the latest software engine, skin and features (with few limitations)

If you work in an environment that doesn't have or require hardware controllers, or the need to mix fullscreen video or karaoke, then VirtualDJ Basic will satisfy all your needs.

It supports the use of an external mixer (non midi) and can be a good choice for djs on budget, or djs having no need for external controllers, timecode etc.

Plus, if one day you get tired of mixing with a mouse and keyboard, know that you can always upgrade later to VirtualDJ Pro,
for the exact difference between the prices of VDJ Pro and VDJ Basic, so you won't loose any money.

Product comparison

VirtualDJ Basic costs $99 (69.52 €)

BUY HERE

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 9:39 am
Nice one guys...

Roy

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 9:48 am
Looks good .... will certainly fill a gap in the market for some home party and mobile DJ's who don't need controller or karaoke/video support. Usually the basic versions of DJ software are a little too basic, but this one seems to offer good functionality at a keen price. Will also offer an entry platform for some NLU's who always say they can't afford the pro version.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 10:16 am
I know some are happy now!!!!

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 10:23 am
Was wondering if those already with VDJ pro can get a downgrade to that basic version that I might use on the bqackup laptop, or do the already owners of VDJ Pro edition need to buy the basic version as well?

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 2:41 pm
bryantpb wrote :
Was wondering if those already with VDJ pro can get a downgrade to that basic version that I might use on the bqackup laptop, or do the already owners of VDJ Pro edition need to buy the basic version as well?

It has its own licence system, so you need a purchase it separately.
It does not work with your pro version license.. sorry

but its a very cheap edition, prize wise, if you need additional VDJ installed on a different system (with less features)

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 2:47 pm
greetings every body...!!!

with this new edition of VDJ, what will be the status that raise...!!!

limited edition or professional edition user..!!

can i participate in "VDJ Radio"? buying this basic edition?

i hope that the staff of "Atomix Productions" can resolve these dudes... and sorry but my english is too bad :(

DJ POTTER PRODUCTIONS

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 3:56 pm
bryantpb wrote :

If you have vdj pro you can use it on 2 stations (main AND backup laptop). Doesn't atomix allows it anymore?

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 5:20 pm
yes you can :)

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 5:38 pm
DJ_Potter wrote :
greetings every body...!!!

with this new edition of VDJ, what will be the status that raise...!!!

limited edition or professional edition user..!!

can i participate in "VDJ Radio"? buying this basic edition?

i hope that the staff of "Atomix Productions" can resolve these dudes... and sorry but my english is too bad :(

DJ POTTER PRODUCTIONS

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Limited edition user level, broadcast is possible.. but VDJ Radio reserved for Pro version users.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 5:39 pm
Thanks dj-in-norway!!!

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 6:57 pm
I just bought Virtual Dj basic and my netserch isnt working. it says that I am a user with limited access???? whats up with that????

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 10:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are there any plans to make this Mac compatible in the future?

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 11:44 am
falconsun111 wrote :
I just bought Virtual Dj basic and my netserch isnt working. it says that I am a user with limited access???? whats up with that????

fixed.

But please note that the NetSearch access policy will probably change soon, with more options and better content.
We've been talking with the different actors in the Music Industry for several months now, in order to bring you the best catalog possible.
In the meantime, we decided to give Full Membership access to all Pro users (and now Basic), but please understand that this is a temporary offer, and that a free Full Membership is not granted with the software (though both software will still retain some free access, probably without premium content).
Anyway, more on this later. This thread is about Basic, not NetSearch ;)

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 12:59 pm
Its not fixed, Now every time I attempt to login into my VDJ basic it just says serve not found. ????????

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 3:12 pm
I got a bargin really. I paid £99 for pro, it was on offer.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 5:47 pm
I stand corrected, My virtual dj basic is now working perfectly!!! Thank you sclavel

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 6:20 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I want to remark that Basic Version does not allow you to use MIDI controllers, Timecodes, or Output video in Fullscreen. Keep in mind that it is like VirtualDJ Pro for those users that ONLY use their PCs and keyboard and mouse for DJing with no extra devices. However, You can use an external mixer, sound cards, netsearch, broadcast and record your mixes with VirtualDJ Basic Edition.

If you want to use MIDI Controllers, timecode or full screen video, Apply to VirtualDJ Radio then VirtualDJ Basic isn't for you but VirtualDJ Pro is.

;-)

Posted Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 3:41 am
This is a great idea for people on a budget, well done Atomix

Posted Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 4:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It looks to me as an excellent idea for those who want to use a touchscreen as a controller !!!

Posted Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 5:59 pm
43%