Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OUT NOW] - VirtualDJ Basic Edition - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think this is a great option for people on a budget. I know a few DJs for whom this would be well sufficient. I think that this will help VirtualDJ to be competitive with some of the other "budget" software offerings on the market right now. I hope that there are plans to make this version available to Mac users as well, although I guess they aren't supposed to be so cheap :)

How is the upgrade process? Can you do an "anytime upgrade" by plugging in a new key, or do you have to download and reinstall?

Posted Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 2:17 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

When you upgrade you need to download your pro version and install it. It's not just a serial number but the installation program and a new serial number. (just as is for current LE versions, it's the same procedure with VDJ Basic)

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 9:48 am
hi im new to virtual dj and i have the hercules RMX, and i download a couple now sound effects and i put them inside my virtual dj file but they are not added to the effect page, any help on letting me know how i can make my downloaded effect appear on the effect page?

-thanks

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 1:05 pm
nxgn1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
So does this version finally have the prized automix feature that many of us have wanted that other DJ programs have and will it allow us to use it in dual decks again. Not a time code guy. I like auto mix features, I like being able to setup a general playlist and add songs as I go. I know that current Virtual will allow this to a point but I also realize that it does not like to go back and forth from deck to deck, Which at on point was something that it used to do.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 6:21 am
nxgn1 wrote :
So does this version finally have the prized automix feature that many of us have wanted that other DJ programs have and will it allow us to use it in dual decks again. Not a time code guy. I like auto mix features, I like being able to setup a general playlist and add songs as I go. I know that current Virtual will allow this to a point but I also realize that it does not like to go back and forth from deck to deck, Which at on point was something that it used to do.

The automix is by default happening on the same deck in the latest version of VirtualDJ.
Many users feel that it gives you a better control to take over from the automix if you have a free deck to load to, cue and prepare the song you want to play when getting out of automix.

If for whatever reason you still want to use a dual-deck automix, you can use the VDJscript verb "automix_dualdeck" (you can assign this to a keyboard shortcut, or to a skin button).

This function is present in both VDJ Basic and VDJ Pro.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 11:30 am
ProtiHome userMember since 2009
If I bought this verison would I be able to download the skins and tools from the download centre?

Posted Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 4:59 pm
VirtualDJ Basic will give you limited access to plugins - It will allow you download everything except tools and video effects (These are for Pro users only.)

Posted Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 5:18 pm
Will download of effects available for VDJ basic?

[Please don't copy text from the messase you are replying to without properly quoting it - It is very confusing to read. Also you do not need to quote if the message is directly above yours.]

Posted Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 5:38 am
Yes, Basic allows you to download skins, effects and samples.

Tools and video effects are for Pro users only.

Posted Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 7:37 am
nice!!! i bought the virtual dj basic edition thanks for you answers!!

regards

DJ POTTER PRODUCTIONS

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 4:14 pm
One question, my friend Chris's brother bought him a copy of VDJ Basic for Christmas. Unfortunately Chris needs VDJ Pro because he already owns a Denon HC4500. Is there a way for him to upgrade to VDJ Pro before he installs it? TIA!

Posted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 3:32 pm
yes of course... ;)

if you bought de VDJ Basic and you need to update to the Professional Edition, you should to pay the difference the VDJ Pro from the VDJ Basic, so you can upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro for only $200 (146.10 €).

regards

DJ POTTER PRODUCTIONS

Posted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 5:53 pm

Posted Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 11:40 am
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Cool idea!

You have a grammar error in your post "exact difference between the prices of VDJ Pro and VDJ Basic, so you won't loose any money."

Should say "lose" not "loose"

Posted Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 11:42 am
Hmm I was looking to upgrade from my VDJ version that came with my RMX console. Basic seem to meet my needs, I just have some questions -

1) Netsearch works, but you said premium content is only for Pro users. Does this mean high bite rate audio files are only available to Pro users or Videos are only available to Pro users? I constantly find myself looking for stuff while mixing and back in the dayz I was one of those DJ's that brought a good chunk of my collection with me at all times, requiring a truck or mini van just for the audio portion....

2) Its not made for controllers (Midi or otherwise) but I assume it will work with RMX flawlessly and add many of the features missing from Console Edition which are broadcasting, playing Apple and FLAC files and recording in compressed format (MP3). Those are the features I miss most from the trial of VDJ5 Pro.

Of course I can always upgrade to Pro later, I just wanted to know if this will cover just beyond my basic needs which are met with Console Edition.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 12:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ Basic WILL NOT, again WILL NOT; work with controllers.

How can you read the specs and say what you said in point #2?

All controller support in Basic is none existent. The proper upgrade path from LE is to PRO, NOT Basic

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 5:41 am
@djfourmoney

The basic version of virtual dj as I mentioned does not allow the use of MIDI devices now, on the other hand I see you have registered the Hercules RMX, remember that you have a 50% special discount to upgrade to the pro version, where we'll have all the benefits of the software.

regards

DJ POTTER PRODUCTIONS

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 10:19 am
nxgn1 wrote :

The automix is by default happening on the same deck in the latest version of VirtualDJ.
Many users feel that it gives you a better control to take over from the automix if you have a free deck to load to, cue and prepare the song you want to play when getting out of automix.

If for whatever reason you still want to use a dual-deck automix, you can use the VDJscript verb "automix_dualdeck" (you can assign this to a keyboard shortcut, or to a skin button).

This function is present in both VDJ Basic and VDJ Pro.

I'm 2hrs away from buying VDJ Basic as i have a gig tomorrow (long story) and would like the "automix_dualdeck" script but can't find it could someone do me a massive favour and hyper link it for. Thanx G

Posted Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 4:02 pm
Once you have VirtualDJ Basic, simply go to CONFIG -> Mappers, click + (Add), press the key that you wish to assign it to and then type the following in the action: box: automix_dualdeck

For further information about mapping, please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

Posted Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 4:06 pm
Once you have VirtualDJ Basic, simply go to CONFIG -> Mappers, click + (Add), press the key that you wish to assign it to and then type the following in the action: box: automix_dualdeck

For further information about mapping, please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

Ok, I did that. Didn't work. all it does is load the other track, when you push the button again, nothing, push again and a new song loads in the dead deck. I've tried this on 4 different buttons, same result. I went to the page you provided and spent 20 min pulling my hair out and now I'm back here.

Posted Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 1:03 pm
87%