Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OUT NOW] - VirtualDJ Basic Edition - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

here2stay wrote :

Ok, I did that. Didn't work. all it does is load the other track, .

when you first engaged it. did you let the song play all the way to the end? (the dual deck function doesnt give you any noticable indication that its engaged)

Load a song into each deck..
Engage "automix_dualdeck" using the key you mapped it too.. when the first song is done playing it will start playing the next song on the next deck, and then load a song in the finished deck..

Posted Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 1:21 pm
I let it run and eventually it did start going side to side but my shortcut keys started having irregular effect. I know you have to hit the a or b, but even after that my pause button now slams the other one on and reloads the first deck. my automix to next deck has no meaning anymore and you have to hit a or b each time, it doesn't automix to the other letter. I'll go back to using one deck. I only wanted this because I have other dj's using this lappy and they get confused!!!

Posted Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 1:34 pm
here2stay wrote :
I know you have to hit the a or b,
sorry you lost me..
automix gets its songs from the auto play list, you dont have to switch decks, the songs load automatically..

if your loading the songs in manually, then you probably shouldnt be using automix..

Quote :
I only wanted this because I have other dj's using this lappy and they get confused

what software are they used to using?

Posted Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 2:37 pm
I know what automix is, but when It did start to work (2 deck automix) my mappers ie. pause, reverse, restart, skip to next... the mappers started doing other things, the pause dumpes the playing song and slams the next one on deck and automix_skip did nothing. I've dotted my i's and crossed my t's, it's not me. I use mappers quite offten expecially automix_skip and play_pause. So anyways these didn't work when I got it to go left to right using both decks. Just a glitch, I can deal with it, I prefer using one side only anyway.

My weekend warrier dj's use 3.4, it's very basic and stable. But I notice a better sound with 6.0.5 and love all the stuff you can do with it. I can't wait till they get the video bug taken care of but that's another link.

I have had other problems with mappers, having to put them in many times before they work correctlly. I like the arrow keys between the keybord and number pad. left button = stop & play ,top = reverse, down = play_pause and right = automix_skip . My best laptop uses windows (take 7) 64 bit home. This seems to have video freezes but works fine if you take out video transactions. also a few times the said mappers have froze the program using karaoke (zips).

Posted Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 5:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
automix_dualdeck is a very very basic automix mode ... it does not provide you the full automix features. You must use the default (single deck) automix mode to get them.

As you have experienced, if you pause a deck it will immediately play the waiting deck.

The first time you press your automix_dualdeck shortcut it activates the automix mode, the second time you press that shortcut it DEACTIVATES the automix mode. After you create your automix_dualdeck shortcut, you do not use that same shortcut to mix_now ... you have to create another shortcut to do the mix_now action.

The crossfade time is adjusted in the Config -> Options tab using the slider in the bottom right of the screen. It is always a time based fade, you do not get CUT or TEMPO mixing with automix_dualdeck.

Hope that clears up the confusion on using the dual deck mode.

Posted Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 8:19 pm
automix_dualdeck; enable or disable automix using both decks (deprecated).

deprecated; not in webester but: deprecate; v, to express regret for or disapproval of; to belittle.

I was stumped on that one but thanks for clearing it up. It means don't use (unless you don't mind losing other controles).

using one side is better anyway.

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 11:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)