Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "Skipping... Possible causes and solutions" WIN XP - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

its in VDJ fame settings...

change the MAX LOAD settings there...

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 5:28 pm
ok but it warns me of system instabillity!
should i set this to realtime or high

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 6:15 pm
You should never set a process at a priority higher than 'high'. Realtime will render your PC perfectly unusable while VDJ is open, but VDJ will run better. This is because when you set a process to 'realtime' priority, widows allocates all the system resources solely to that application.

About the max load settings in the VDJ FAME configuration panel, it all depends on the amount of RAM that you have. The more ram, the higher the max load you can have and still have an excellent performance in VirtualDJ.

macourteau

P.S.: don't worry about the system instability message, that just means that changing a task's priority might make the system unstable for a while, but that's never happened to me :)

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 6:47 pm
IRQ Conflict

Posted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 7:15 am
An addition (didn't see the subject mentioned here before, of what I could see)
If you use a NOTEBOOK computer for your work, you should have as much free diskspace as possible, as a full hard-drive slows the system.
So, therefore I use a external, USB2.0/Firewire connectable harddrive for music storage. As VDJ reads each the songs that you add to the DECK A/B temporarily it will be no problem.

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 5:50 pm
Hi all,

I might have a little tip for everyone who's having skipping problems:

I am using VDJ for almost a year, had some troubles in the beginning, but solved them. I recently bought a new laptop (acer travelmate 8003) used it 3 times on gig without anyproblem. and guess what? on the 4th gig, i ran into skipping problems!

vdj started skipping while 1 deck is playing and the other deck is loading a song.

i found out why -> as you can plug the hercules console in differend usb-ports, Win-XP finds new hardware and starts looking for the right drivers. each time you plug the console into another usb-port differend from the last-used usb port, it will install new drivers. at the same time, if you still have the little green alien in your taskbar, check if it's set to advanced mode and KILL IT!

after i killed the little green alien, the skipping was gone. I think i can blame the hercules drivers to use double bandwith (as WINXP complains about usb-bandwith exceeded). i tried it a few times. just kill the little green alien.

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 11:13 am
SZ-BHome userMember since 2004
to jukesy : LOL! turning your computer on and off is WAAAAY more stressful than leaving it on ! NOTHING in the world gets better if you heat it and cool it down again ! that for example is the reason why a car´s engine breaks ! if you didn´t turn off your car´s engine it would last way longer than it does!

Posted Sat 06 Nov 04 @ 8:14 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
So I had intermittent dropouts/skipping on a 2 year old Toshiba Satellite 2.4 ghz, 1 Gb mem, xp Home, tried most every suggestion in the book could think of, except i did use it to surf the web occasionally and had one or two minor programs on it like . knew it wasn't vdj but my setup; almost gave up and got a new lappy. Then, finally, got it working perfect. Don't know if could help others but just in case, here's what solved it for my particular laptop setup: wiped out XP Home, started fresh & installed windows 2000, made it dj dedicated & installed only vdj & winamp (for backup/figuring out total playlist time which as of this writing, 2.05, vdj can't do yet), no web or network connection, partitioned space just for OS, separate partition for mp3 library, disabled everything not in use in device manager including infrared port, stopped using my wireless mouse, disabled startup items in msconfig & no apps running in background, no clock running on desktop, only default themes/colors/fonts etc on desktop, off all animated menus, etc, all things noted in suggestion notes. Even in 4 hour gig under hot son, no shade, perfect running, not even have to use laptop cooler anymore (before I'd get skips after an hour in sun on hot day, even with shade). No idea which of the above changes I made solved it, will never know. Could be one, a few or combo but not care, just glad it's running like a workhorse now.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 10:59 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
thanks Keyon !

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 1:41 pm
I recently tried recording a mix but found that any song that I skipped like crazy when I played it. Whenever I was just messing around and not recording it everything I played would play fine. Then I found out that my Virtual DJ was set to encode in MP3. I know that the computer has to work harder to encode it into MP3 while recording than just record it as a WAV file. This fixed that problem. I hope this helps those of you that have the problem only when you are recording. For those others I would recommend that you follow what DJ Coco posted or just buy a new computer.

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 7:57 am
HASHHome userMember since 2004
Hallo dj coco
I can't use virtual dj hercules edition for a problem of number product.. but i don't have any serial number... the message error tell me to contact --@--.--
i have write an email but no reply.
I can't delete the files in the folter windows\prefect.. my pc tell me that the files is in use...
what file i must cancel or stop?
Please reply me
Gil

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry HASH no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 8:45 pm
I need to re down load Virtual DJ. I have already purchased it, but require to re down load because of virus on my computer.

Posted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 6:15 pm

Posted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 11:25 pm
paddyvHome userMember since 2005
i have recently purchased a hercules dj console and virtual dj keeps skipping when playing audio files, i have read all the solutions and tried them out but haven't had any success.

if i purchase the professional edition of virtual dj will this correct the problem i am having??

can somebody please help me

Paddy

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 4:34 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't know if the full version will helps you but that's sure the full version works correctly with thd DJ Consoles.

Did you read the appropriate topics in the DJ COnsole section of this forum ?

Tell us more about your specs in order to be able to help you.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 5:04 pm
yes mate ive been on this forum the last few days and have read every thread on this and its still skipping.

i have a pentium m 1.8(2mb cache), 1 gb ram, 80 gb hdd(7200rpm), radeon 9700 series 128mb.

ive done all updating and been onto hercules about this problem and they said they were not aware of this problem and would get back onto me, that was last week.....

i recently formatted the machine and that did not help either, all thats on the machine is vdj and some music.

if there is any other infomation you need that might help you to help me let me know

please help!

Paddy

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 7:43 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Many times it is a hardware problem.. try unplugin unnecesary devices..

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 5:55 pm
I just downloaded the trial version of Virtual DJ to test it. It still did the exact same thing, but when I changed the skin to 'virtual DJ' skin, it works better, although it still does it every couple of songs - any ideas?

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 11:18 pm
Also, I just downloaded a load of trial versions of other programs and they all work perfectly. I give up...

Posted Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 2:21 am
its just virtual dj being an unstable peice of shit software

dont get me wrong when it works its legendary but ive only ever seen it workin on 1 computer b4

i just recently spent €2500 on the most state of the art laptop money can buy. i then bought the dj console which worked fine but vdj just kept skipping and skipping

they like to blame peoples hardware case thats the easy way out but realistically its all the bugs in virtual dj

i installed it on my 3 pcs and it didnt work right an any of them

Posted Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 7:29 pm
53%