Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "Skipping... Possible causes and solutions" WIN XP - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thank you! Medium is the good one i have tested it a view hours and didn't hear any skipping

grtz

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 11:59 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I'm glad you have now working!, don't forget to buy VDJ and be a full register user. You will have access to forums and tips that are only for register users.

Good Luck!

Posted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 12:25 am
AlarickPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi everyone! This is my first post here, but I have been using Virtualdj for a couple of months. I am having a problem when I change bpms. It starts to skip a little bit. Is that normal?

Posted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 2:16 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 4:55 am
rossyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i tried to record a session tonight and i got the error
MP3 encoder failed
any ideas?

cheers

Posted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 1:55 am
DJROSSSHome userMember since 2006
I run XP on one of the lapy's i work live with.

I will look into your suggestions

what about w2kpro any suggestions for that o/s

Stu

Posted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 1:45 pm
DJROSSSHome userMember since 2006
well i'm glad i had mentioned this issue, i used vdj last night with 2 cards/external mixer and it was ro ro rock solid mixing, although i think it was skip free on fast but this will just avoid any chance of skips at all. the best thing it did was make my TCV only skip .5sec about every 10-15 min. so that is a little plus, keep in mind i using 256 ram :(

Posted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 1:46 pm
sparxHome userMember since 2006
hey all

downloaded a trial version of virtual and i LOVE it

really simply laid out and wonderfull piece of software

im runnin it on a Dell Dimension 5150 with 1gb of RAM and a 3Ghz P4 chip with a creative sound card.
Now for the gripe: The damn sound skips whenever i change the BPM

i have tried the suggestions on this thread but nuttin seems to work

please help , i had it working on my old machine just dandy so i know how well it can work and now i cant get it to work at all please help ......;)

Posted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 5:43 pm
I have the djc mk2 for a few months now and i'm also facing the problems. Before i had the djconsole, i used the trial version which skippid a lot (when changing bpm). Than i bought the djconsole with vdj and still i had the problems. However, i got it working again after i reïnstalled winxp.

But then my mobo died so i had to get a new one (asus with sys-chipset) and now its back, worse then ever, virtually not usable. I first thought my big amount of hardware was the problem (6600gt, sb live, promise hd controller (3 hds), tv-card, dj console). However, when i ripped everything out except the graphic card and the dj console it still had gave the problem.

Today i'll try a new fresh installation of winxp, maybe that will help. I'm getting tired of this problem. I've had it running for a while and its simply the best software on the marked (once it's running), but it has been 3 weeks since i made my last set :( .

(systemspecs: P4S800D-X. SiS655FX, P4 2,66 ghz, 512 mb ram, 200+250+80 gb WD HD, GF 6600 gt 128mb, SB live! dig, Terratec tv card, promise pci ide-controller,vdj 3.4, winxp prof sp2)

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 12:36 pm
ok, still problems, however! After i disabled time stretch, the problems were gone. Its not the prettiest solution but it works prefectly :D (its like using vinyl again ;) ) I probably disabled it by accedent the first time i used the program, when it worked...

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 8:44 pm
i just tested it on my laptop and also on this one the problems are gone. For those who keep having problems i would sugest to try out time stretch (set to disabled). Also put it on the list on the begin of this topic. This is the best solution yet!

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 9:08 pm
cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 4:58 am
a coupla comments; i did look around this thread,so forgive me if i missed it but turn off your default wireless networking,turn off the firewall across your firewire (1394) port.all energy management to never. i prioritize background in my setup not programs. I can download,rip a disc and run Traktor simultaneously .I still had to do all the tweaks that presonus emailed to me to get it that way.I have an HP duo amd turion vista capable 2.0ghz 2 gig ram (gigging) ,home system is junk emergency backup only.I use a presonus firebox.
I do bootdefrags daily with Diskeeper.I clean the registry everyday with a registry cleaner. I use Avast\'s Alwil (free antivirus) and also TrendMicro\'s free Housecall online virus/malware scanner.I keep the music on an external drive and defrag that a lot too. I keep the C: very empty.
Diskeeper really does a lot for me,it cleans the boot,system ,paging and MFT files, and you can make it run CHKDISK first if you like. To investigate processes and services to decide which ones to eliminate I suggest ProccessExplorer, it\'s free (I like free) and it\'s a big improvement over task manager.
I currently use Traktor 2.6 and am looking at alternatives. I do 5 7hr shifts at a gentleman\'s????? club,and parties of all kinds and weddings on weekends so I get lots of opportunity to see my hardware and software weaknesses.....the search in traktor really stinks. if it was better at finding tracks I\'m sure I would like it a lot better. It is stable, but complex and uses a lotta cpu. I don't remix ,or scratch or produce, or podcast, so I\'m kinda techno illiterate,but there\'s gotta be some robust professional stuff out there that I can really like better than traktor.......

Posted Sun 01 Oct 06 @ 1:59 am
I THINK I FOUND A SOLUTION

Hey guys, i've been experiencing this skipping problem ever since i tried the dual sound card setup. I went through all the suggestions in the forum without any result. I upgraded my RAM to over a gig, and it did not help. I do not have any other programs other than VDJ installed on my laptop.

Under CONFIGURATION in VDJ, go to PERFORMANCE. Under SOUND CARD, i TURNED OFF the SAFE MODE and OVERCLOCK. I then set my latency to 1024 (23ms). Ever since then, my VDJ is SKIP FREE. I hope that helped...

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 6:13 pm
Same skipping problem on my side... Is VJ not a bit Resource Hungry... I opened 10 Winamps simultaneous with with Visuallization's... played music with all of them skipped between them and did'nt get the skipping problem... Ok, Ok.... can't really compare the 2 but... Let us choose what to disable in VJ to get the most resources free... VJ 3.4 worked 100%! And then I bought ver. 4.1... This forum said my External USB drive's transfer rate is to slow, my performance settings is wrong, my drive need to be degragged, need to reinstall my windows... and more! No real solution....? Treid it om my Laptop and PC... so maybe I must buy a new computer... that's the only thing I did'nt try yet... :)

Posted Thu 16 Nov 06 @ 9:02 pm
Jumbled Skipping on VDJ 4.1 and up. But I have no problem with VDJ 3.4, VDJ 4.1 beat engine needs to be setup like VDJ 3.4. Sorry I had to go back to using VDJ 3.4. Hope you guys at Virtual DJ get this one fix on the next update.

[TrevH005]

Posted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 6:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)