Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: iWall SMS Integration - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Evening all,

I had a PM asking me about iWall SMS integration earlier. So I downloaded it and had a quick look. I've managed to get this integrated with VirtualDJ in a basic form.

Is there much interest in this plugin?

The main reason for asking this is that playing flash (which is how iWall integrates with other VJ solutions) on a DirectX texture is proving to be a pain. I have managed to do it using a cheat, but this cheat will cost me financially. I do have some experimentation to do with rendering it properly, but it's a lot of work and could prove more expensive in the long run in terms of time.

Don't get me wrong guys - it's not complete yet. It works in a basic form, but has some transparancy issues.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 4:54 pm
Oh, iWall is quite expensive (350 USD) and this is not instead of my SMS integration into SBDJ ScrollText, this is an alternative option that will have more flexibility for SMS functionality.

Whether or not I devote time to iWall will greatly depend on the number of people who want it.

Posted Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 5:10 pm
It's interesting certainly. Funny as I spent some time last week looking into iWall for a couple of projects I have coming up.
I'm thinking about buying it so I would really be interested in any work you're doing on it.

I know it uses flash to handle output, but obviously flash has to read them from somewhere, is it possible that ScrollText would also be able to read iWall sms as I'd really like to have just one solution for my sms.

I love the idea that I can run crowd polls on what song to play and might be able to show this over video live.

Scott you are a legend.

Incidentally how is the update to ScrollText coming along? My crowds are loving it and it's gonna get some crazy use over Christmas, really looking forward to the ability to select and deselect messages and fire 1 Shots.

Ross

Posted Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 7:16 pm
It's not that simple; Scrolltext couldn't integrate with iWall. Flash is the only way of integrating with iWall that I can see, so can only display the flash files. Add to that flash + directx is a nightmare. Not just a slight nightmare, but a huge one. Flash-in-a-box has a wrapper sorted, but the cost of that is $299 USD. It works, and it's what I'm using for testing.

The Scrolltext SMS update will be native SMS integration, but won't be ready for a while. The update to ScrollText is coming very soon, along with the updates to my other plugins.

Obviously I can do the wrapper, but flash-in-a-box is certainly the easiest solution. It's not something I'd use personally, so I'd want enough users interested that we could cover some of the FIAB cost. The iWall cost may limit these users ;)

Posted Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 7:32 pm
I think I'm ok with the iWall costs.
Are there development limitations with using FIAB, how resource intensive will this be to run it on top of the video layer?
There are already a lot of users including myself that would like to be able to play Flash directly in VDJ, could the Dev team not look into some way of natively supporting Flash.

Ross

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 5:29 am
FIAB is extremely flexible, and I can't say I noticed any overheads, but like I say it was just a test run to prove it could be done.

It's possible to do without FIAB, but like I said, it's not easy ;)

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 7:27 am
i am intresting too.i dont mind to pay for i wall but only if i can run it with vdj so i can wait for your sms scrolltext SBDJ and pay some money for your plugin too

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 7:42 am
Dumb question, Whats Iwall!?

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 8:25 am

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 8:46 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I was trying this program but it needs to buy a license:-(

It seems good to me anyway!

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 9:09 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Random thought... the clipbank will play flash video files (ie those from youtube etc). Would it be possible to go to load a video in the clipbank, and point it at IWall's output? I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here, but just a thought... :-)

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 10:03 pm
Clipbank will play flash video (FLV) which is a video codec, not adobe flash (SWF) which is much much more.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 5:08 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@SBDJ

About SMS, you have another solution too :
ActiveXperts SMS and Pager Toolkit : http://www.activexperts.com/activsms/

About Flash, I already have some C++ code if you are interested (it uses COM interface).

Posted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 3:53 pm
Yup, I'm aware of that sir :)

Thing is, SMS isn't hard to do anyway, I've had some experience writing SMS applications. I had a specific request for iWall however, so thought I would throw it out there.

That said, if you have some flash code, I'd be very interested in seeing it - knowing what a pain flash is with DirectX ;)

Posted Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 5:46 am
make it a plug in , If you hadnt posted it I wouldnt have seen it.. brilliant idea
sold , I will take two

Posted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 9:22 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Yup, I'm aware of that sir :)

Thing is, SMS isn't hard to do anyway, I've had some experience writing SMS applications. I had a specific request for iWall however, so thought I would throw it out there.

That said, if you have some flash code, I'd be very interested in seeing it - knowing what a pain flash is with DirectX ;)

Any luck SBDJ with the Flash plugin, am one of the very interested ones willing to cover a share of the cost of producing this plugin. I guess with the success of intergrating flash and Direct X means we would then be able to do transparent SWFs, am i right?

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 12:30 am
would love to know if there is any progress with this ??

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 10:54 am
I've had iWall working in VDJ, but haven't had time to do a safe, release version of the plugin.

Most of my efforts have been directed at native SMS support in ScrollText.

Plugins are also only available to registered users I'm afraid.

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 11:18 am
Iwall now has a plugin available on their website and works well, albeit a simple text scroller.

Francisco, the develper of Iwall tells me that he is adding vertical text scrolling in the next release.

I was wondering if it was possible to port over the Flash output to VDJ.

Now that would be something.

BTW I have purchased IWall after looking at the competiton and found it to be very stable, and my customers love it.

Just a thought?

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 6:36 am
Thats good news; he's using the freeframe route which is nice and simple. If he wants any assistance with anything from the VDJ side then he's welcome to give me a shout.

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 7:18 am
15%