Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AMERICANS....VOTE - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
sonido1902 wrote :
arealz whois The VP??

Joe Bidden is our Vice President elect, here is his web site if you want to look him up. http://biden.senate.gov/ He was chosen because he has experience on the Senate Foreign Relations committee. He has been a member of the United States Senate since 1972.

During his time in office he lost his wife and child in an automobile accident. He never stopped serving this country during that personal crisis. He considered stepping down from office but was talked out of it by his father, who reminded him, his country needed him. Known for sometimes over speaking his mind he is well respected by many here in the United States, including me.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 3:41 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Joe Biden is the VP. He has been a senator for decades. He also won his reelection for Senator of Delaware during this election by more then a 20% margin. I guess he'll have to choose if he wants to serve the US or just continue getting relected in his state. Man, just a question like that makes me hope the original poster didn't vote at all.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 6:30 pm
djej wrote :
Joe Biden is the VP. He has been a senator for decades. He also won his reelection for Senator of Delaware during this election by more then a 20% margin. I guess he'll have to choose if he wants to serve the US or just continue getting relected in his state. Man, just a question like that makes me hope the original poster didn't vote at all.

Huh? LOL... First of all, serving in the senate IS ALSO serving your country. He keeps getting re-elected because he is good at what he does. Joe Biden does not pull punches. I think he will make a great VP.

And why would you hope the original poster did not vote at all? lol. That does not make sense.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 9:15 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The person who asked about the V.P. did not vote. (Canadian)

I woke up this morning wondering if it had all been a dream.
Could our great country really have voted the republicans out?
Is it true that our country has grown to the point that issues really mean more to us than the color of skin?
Is it true that Americans have seen through the "scare tactics" and now see things for themselves?

I looked at the cover of the Washington Post that I purchased Wed morning and saw the headlines.

Whew...
It was not a dream. It is reaility.

There is another famous dream that is closer to reality.

I don't think the human race will ever get past prejudice. If it's not race it's class, if not class then religion, if not religion then region. It's always gonna be something but it seems like we in America have spoken.

We may not be there yet but we are on the road, heading in the right direction.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 9:59 pm
Now, not 2 days after the election I saw first hand just how Fu*ked up people are. Was at work and here really loud.... How do you like that Whitey.... Black Power!!! I didnt know what to say. First of all Obama is 1/2 black and white. So it seems racism is alive and well and I am wondering how bad it is really gonna get as now there is a Black President.

I dont have anything against hime and as a matter of fact did vote for him. But now I feel we will see somes true colors.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:20 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Damn,

Sorry Brian that you went through that.

Ignorance knows no bounds.
There will be ignorant people on all sides.

I choose to see the advance of our people but I am not naive enough to think that STUPIDITY will cease to exist.

I have heard a white man say "You guys have one of your own in there now. Fried chicken & watermelon for everyone".

Ignorance has no bounds.

As a black man, I hope we ALL, Black, White, Latin, Asian, Mid Eastern, Indian and anyone else I may have missed can come together and realize that we ALL share a common goal. To move forward, to advance, TO BE HAPPY, to be treated fairly, justly, and equality. To have the same opportunities and the same freedoms.

Inclusive, not divisive
United, not divided

I pity the racist and suffer the ignorant.

I believe we as a people move forward but we move slow.

Educate the ignorant or suffer their stupidity but do not let them stop your growth.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 8:34 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I have several friends that are black.
So when these topics came up I discovered that many in the black communitiy didn't believe it was time.
I'm like, what again???
He began to tell me how divided the black community was pitting the educated/successfull vs. the hood lums who will never see the way out.
Specifically, Obama isn't black enough to be considered "black" in the eyes of the brothers in the hood.
Then this song track came that drove the point home.

The day after the election, I asked him if he still felt the same and he replied "no" adding "watch what happens if someone takes him out".

Seeing the joy on the faces of black people young and old was one of the most emotional things I've ever seen.
We have broken one more wall down in this country.

I hope they keep him safe it's the only concern I have about this new president.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 9:13 am

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 9:50 am
discobrian24 wrote :
Now, not 2 days after the election I saw first hand just how Fu*ked up people are. Was at work and here really loud.... How do you like that Whitey.... Black Power!!! I didnt know what to say. First of all Obama is 1/2 black and white. So it seems racism is alive and well and I am wondering how bad it is really gonna get as now there is a Black President.

I dont have anything against hime and as a matter of fact did vote for him. But now I feel we will see somes true colors.

It is sad that after his being elected President has shown how much racism is still alive in this country. All I can hope is that Obama can fix the issues troubling this nation and in doing so end some of the racist attitudes I see in my fellow Americans.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 11:04 am
[youtube]c3_95F5e-Ac&feature=PlayList&p=869F1FBA218EB2B2&index=0[/youtube]

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 9:38 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Sat 08 Nov 08 @ 2:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)