Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Google Chrome the internet browser from google

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 2:59 pm
I'm using it right now. Damn it is fast. Will give a better run when I get home. (Pulling a double shift today. Imagine talking for 13 hours straight, and hosting an amateur night!)

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 5:09 pm
I have a really strange problem, I can scroll down (which is more like a jump) but not up which is a huge annoyance. The browser's lightening fast though and javascript especially, I ran these benchmarks and it was 6x faster than firefox. It's a bit disappointing then that I couldn't get this javascript code to work as I was interested to see how it performed. Completely irrelevant but Chrome is using webkit so I would have expected it to pass Acid 3 but it does not.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 7:19 pm
I like how everything has been re-thought and built from the ground up. More worrying about one page crashing your whole web session. No more worrying about leaving your browser up for days and having it suck up all your memory.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 8:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have noticed that this browser is much much faster for the same things!

Even more so than safari!

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 6:02 am
i'm gonna try it .... i have but rarely use IE , use FF as default , use Opera a bit (fast but hasn't made peace with Yahoo , it seems ) and I also

use Flock which is a FF variant that is socially and ecologically groovy

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 7:07 am
Hi all, i have tested out Chrome and it is a nice browser I just thought you guys may be interested in reading the following article.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/150585/google_chrome.html?tk=rss_news

This article has 7 reason it will be good and 7 reason not so good. If you know the history of Googles privacy practices you will probably want to check it out.

Pete

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 7:40 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Bleah, that's n00b. I stay here with my Firefox and all its custom components. Chrome doesn't have all functionalities classic browsers have, and for me it's damn uncomfortable. I'll let my mother use it...

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 7:58 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I didn't try it but i heard it was missing things like bookmarks and other such basic features.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 10:05 am
Don't know where you heard that from but it's not true at all. It imported all my Firefox bookmarks with no fuss. Just like Safari as well (mozilla supported browser feature) it also automatically imported things like flash support. It's a nice browser, but is at a very early stage and I think is missing rss, but that's not a huge feature for everyone anyway. I'm still using Firefox because I can't live without all my addons, but Chrome is very lightweight and is worth using alone for the performance benefits it has and independent tabs.

Basically the browser in its current form is a nice cross between some of the best features of Opera and Firefox, with a little bit of layout inspiration from Internet Explorer. It's main benefit is that they performance is incredible. I look forward to checking it out again in the future when the add-ons SDK is released.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 10:17 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If it will surclass Firefox, I'm sure I keep it installed and updated. As for now, Firefox is my best one...

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 10:58 am
Well good to know about the bookmarks, i couldn't live without them, I believe i read it in a review yesterday.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 12:07 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
CHROME IS Faaaaaaaaaast.

I mead DAMN, it's fast.

But is it safe?

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 7:20 pm
Not really, there are some security holes. (Don't forget it is BETA) Don't do your online banking with it yet.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 7:52 pm
so after playing around with chrome for a couple of weeks it got the big uninstall. fast is one thing, but using it got rapidly annoying after a few days. google updater refused to stop coming back no matter what i did, there were plenty of websites that you just couldnt use because it wasnt compatable, and the final kicker for me.. it just didnt feel right.

maybe if they work in it for a few years.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 12:24 am

Posted Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 9:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)