Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin not working? Controls not showing? DX File Missing? **** Read this before posting **** - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

winyardPRO InfinityMember since 2008
spam4us wrote :
Do I need to install both of the latest VC++ Runtime Libraries

Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Runtime Libraries
Visual C++ 2008 Runtime Libraries

or just the 2008?

I didn't see an answer to this question. i've run into the same problem; should I install both or just 2008?
The machine I'll be installing it on to is running XP (in case that makes any difference?)

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 8:55 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Install both; I believe the 2008 ones aren't backwards compatible so anything compiled against the 2005 ones won't work.

It certainly won't do any harm :)

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 12:41 am
winyardPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Oops, apologies I'm running Vista on my gig machine and not XP!

I have the 00DJ and since having it have never connected it to the net, likewise have never connected any of my gig machines to the net over the past 9 years. However, it would seem that I may have to now, because in order to install the SBDJ slideshow plugin I need to install these updates and I can't see a way of doing this unless I connect the 00DJ to the net.

The 00DJ doesn't appear to have a wireless connection so haven't been able to connect it thus far and there isn't a socket for a network cable so can't connect it using a cable from my router, so am wondering how you guys that have the 00DJ, how do you connect it to the net?
OR, is there a way of getting these updates without connecting to the net?

My regular home laptop (non-gig machine!) is running on XP.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 4:04 pm
The links provided can be downloaded and copied onto media...

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 8:16 pm
Hi,..O.K. had trouble getting SBDJ ScrollText and SBDJ Slideshow (sorry, first time messing with these tipe of files) to work. Read the "READ ME" file so here i am. just downloaded the RUNTIMES deal, not sure if the other update has downloaded...but...i'll be back,let me check..JESUS! it WORKED!! Great POST! SCOTTY MY BOY!! OOPS Im a little excited..:-) Now how do i make a Text file,etc..

Posted Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 7:01 pm
Oh,OH...theres problems! Vdj 6.2 is Cratchingon me after installing the scrolltext and slideshow. I'll keep trying..

Posted Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 9:34 pm
hey there.

i have tried that way of adding plugins but the directX is not downloading on to my computer, is there a way of getting the plugins to work on a macbook pro?

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 2:30 am
DirectX is only applicable to windows. If you're using OSX then you need to use plugins written specifically for the Mac version.

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 8:18 am
Hi there...I have directx 11 on one Vista machine and the same on a Windows 7 machine. Neither will let me install directx 9, saying the latest version is already installed. I'm finding some transitions jittery. Is there a fix?

Posted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 2:02 pm

Posted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 12:37 pm
If you install the 64 bit windows, you then install the 64 bit runtimes. I dont think the 32 bit versions would install.
Also get them from the website not a disk as they will be newer on the website.

Posted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 5:26 am
tariqiiHome userMember since 2010
am kinda new to VD. am using v.5 and have the latest direct x 9 installed.but am unable to use the sound or video effects,i can see them on the list but when i try to select nothing happens.any ideas out there? i was convinced it was HDD space at first but my PC has 15GB free space,shudnt that be more than enuf?

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 9:18 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Then, buy the program and download the latest version of the plugins...

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 2:43 pm
that about sums it up!....Yeap!....

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 8:03 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Afternoon all,

I'm creating this sticky as there are quite a few posts about non working plugins, controls not showing up, that sort of thing. There is a reason for this, and it is usually that you are missing a prerequisite. For my plugins, I detail these along with links to install them.

So before posting saying that xxx plugin doesn't work, please ensure you have as a minimum installed these:

Latest DirectX 9 Updates - Vital, even if you have Vista with DX 10...

Online Installer
Offline Installer

Please note that simply installing any old DirectX 9 version will not suffice - you should do an update from the above web links as it will install latest updates that in some cases are required.

Latest VC++ Runtime Libraries

Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Runtime Libraries
Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Runtime Libraries

Regards,

Scott

[Edited by SBDJ on 04/05/2009 to update links]

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm about to purchase a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit operating system. Can someone give me links for the 64 bit versions of all the above so that plugins will work. I'm spending £1,700 on this so don't want to run into any problems!!

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 2:02 am

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 5:52 am
Thanks so much for these. Does the 2010 package have the 2005 and 2008 runtime libraries required?

Posted Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 8:29 am
The 2010 contains everything ;-)

Posted Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 12:37 pm
I have installed the listed files here and can not still see the simple filter "CUT" which I placed in the Cue/plugins/sound effect folder.I can see
the boxed.exe file,double clicked and installed... but no .DLL in there at all.Just upgraded to 7.0.2 on my XP aLIENWARE with all XP updates.
I had a play with an old spare laptop last night and upgraded to 7.0.2 and downloaded the same CUT filter effect and it showed up easily without all of the listed c++ and 2005-2008 files required!!
Any help here would be much appreciated...

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 12:12 pm
Anything I can check to see if I have all the components installed? I have downloaded all of the given files that were linked here in this thread and still no "CUT" sound effect shown.I even tried coping the the effect with the .DLL file from my old laptop that works with it and placed the files into the soundeffect plugin folder.
This is my main gig machine and Im at a loss with this.

Regards

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 10:14 am
75%