Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: loading 5.2 with 3.4 with track info (help please)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
O.k. this is where I am at now.

V3.4 has all the bpm's, cue points, and comments back. (System restore)

I have 5.0.7 with no info.
V5.2 is NOT on my system.
Hercules RMX is on my system.

Where I need to be.

V3.4 needs to work and retain all bpm's, cue points, and comments
V5.2 needs to be loaded on my laptop over 5.0.7 and needs all the info from V3.4 (with 3.4 still working and info intact)
Hercules needs to be loaded and operational and working RIGHT with V5.2 with all info intact while 3.4 STILL WORKS with all info intact.

Can this happen?
Can someone walk me through it like i'm a 5th grader? maybe even a 4th grader.

Thank you so much to whoever can help me get this done.

I have 3.4 and 5.0.7 in two different folders.

My music is on an external HD. 3.4 has all info (cue points, bpm's, comments) on the laptop in the c/ drive in the VDJ folder

I have a backup of the database on a thumbdrive in case of a oops.

Made a restore point in case of a oops.

Just loaded Herc RMX and 3.4 still has all info.

I just have to load 5.0.2 and KEEP 3.4 info intact. Thats where i'm having the biggest issue right now.

I want V3.4 with all the info and V5.2. with all the info from 3.4 (cue points, bpm's comments) I don't need any other copies of VDJ. Just those two and for both of them to work properly with ALL INFO in both.

Any ideas?

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 7:42 pm
Please don't double and triple post. You already have 2 of the same posts going on in the General Discussion area.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 10:16 pm
I started this post in the general discussion area but had limited feedback. I thought since this seems to be a tech question, I would post it here as well for tech savvy people to view and hopefully assist.

I would hope to get help and info on the tech support forum in a way that maybe I was not able to get yet on the general forum.

I understand and respect your comment disco but would have hoped for answer to my questions as well.

We have many helpful and knowledgeable people in the forums. I have even been known to try to help a person or two. I am hoping to find answers to my issues

With respect, I will try not to double post. Will you in turn try to help?

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 10:54 pm
Can someone help - I'm in pretty much the same situation and don't want to lose all my saved work...

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 1:46 pm
Still no help huh?

I get a response about double posting but no help for an issue.

Unbelievable.

This IS the P.C. Tech support forum right?

Where is the P.C. tech support?

I've been asking this same question for 3 or 4 days now. No new questions, no veering off the topic, just the question I asked and in the tech support forum...NO HELP. Just a post about double posting.

again...UNBELIEVABLE...

Please, Restore my faith in the people who own VDJ, who work with VDJ and WHO SUPPORT VDJ.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 12:04 am
Relax my friend, the reason I didnt answer your question is I am unsure on the answer and dont want to lead you the wrong direction. Why do you need both 3.4 and 5.2 on your system?? Isn't 5.2 good enough to run?? Now you could do something different if you wanted to by making another user in Windows. On 1 user you can have your 3.4, then simply copy that database to the other user profile and install 5.2. I would suggest a full rescan to create a new database. This may work, don't know as I have never needed 2 installs.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:09 pm
Thank you for your response Disco. As you can imagine, I just want an answer to my question and a fix for my problem.

The reason I need both 3.4 and 5.2 is that when I dj straight off my laptop, 3.4 is way more responsive and accurate than my v5 is. Also, it has never let me down so I will always keep it, even if I only use it as a backup.

I want 5.2 because from what I understand, it works with Herc RMX. (I have also heard bad things about the RMX and 5.2).

I need the flexability of being able to rip it up with my Pioneer 800's or to tear it up straight off my laptop.

I'm sorry for the harsh words but...

I just need some help and it seems like nobody too much cares. I recall a time that many people would try to help but I have had 1 or 2 people try to help...that is in all 3 threads.

That is truly unbelievable.

I will continue to try to find my answer and hopefully be able to help the next person who has the same issue or a similar issue.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 6:30 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I empathize with your feelings City, but please remember. The DJ Expo has been going on this week so that takes away a lot of the support here on the U.S. side.....

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 6:36 pm
Herc RMX returned to Guitar Ctr. so in a way, problem fixed for now since I can't use the RMX with 3.4

I would still like a solution for having both 3.4 and 5.2 on the same system with all info for 3.4 intact.

I will in the future, purchase another controller. who knows, I may purchase a NS7 when it comes out (if it works with VDJ) and if I can have the latest version of VDJ along with 3.4 and have both working properly.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 2:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)