Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Forums - Are they a lil ...ummm dry - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Eh, take it or leave it. If you don't like the forums here don't post, that simple. I haven't seen any actions by the mods I can't agree with, the first rule in business is to have a pleasant presentation to customers, it's just a good practice to keep contreversy to a minimum;^]

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:50 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I can assure everyone here of one immutable fact. We are told to never delete a post and never to edit a post. The only time we are instructed to step in is when we see abuse of other users, and if we see questionable links and such. Then topics might be raised to a level for review from a Teamer. We are told quite clearly do not mod this forum unless absolutely needed.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:58 pm
Still waiting. Or are you just stimulating yourself?

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:59 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
A Man and His Music wrote :
Still waiting. Or are you just stimulating yourself?

Wasn't Pee Wee Herman arrested for that?

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 1:01 pm
Maybe he's Pee Wee, and is confused. You know forum and theater are the same, in some cultures.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 1:06 pm
Is this a sibling rivalry ( VDJ vs SSL )? everything is compared like brothers in school. In the earlier version the forum was robust but as people hopefully learn and understand this software, it will have less traffic. Then factor in holiday time with good weather. Everytime there is a new update / version traffic is all over the place... So if someone wants to have a conversation just start typing and there will be a difference of opinions in response.

Like on Glen Beck last night he was talking about how we need to find better solutions to fuel cost!

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 1:50 pm
xgl_dj wrote :

Overly heated threads on the ssl forums - hasn't affected the product's popularity. I bet alot of Mod's, Teamers and regular users from this board frequent theirs forums - as a matter a fact - I have seen quite a few from here posting on the ssl forum.

Yet some want to chastise a particular behavior on this forum, but yet, they participate on other forums - by reading or posting - to me it is hypocritical.

All I am saying - I agree with respecting other forum members - but I think it can be a bit lighter around here with the Mod - ing .

What are you wanting from this forum; fights, dirty videos, links to dirty videos, trade secrets? Everything that is applicable to this product is discussed here regularly. There are are a few non-DJ (gasp) topics discussed here also. This forum is exactly what the users make it; respectful and informative.
I see no hypocrasy, just because someone visits another site doesn't mean they fully subscribe to those views or behaviors. Maybe this site is a little tamer than others, I like it. Most of the other sites I've been to are full of elitist ass-hats or a bunch of noobs with no clue. Here we have a nice balance, not-so-elitest ass-hats, noobs and everyone in between.
If you are so far evolved that our chatter is not inspiring, INSPIRE US, we obviously need it. Break bad with your skills and enlighten us.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 2:15 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have I missed something.

I thought this was radio chat ;-)

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 2:49 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bayer,Advil,Motrin....get your headache cured here....Bayer,Advil,Motrin

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 3:38 pm
Maybe it's just that Virtual Dj users are a bit more mature, professional and independent thinkers and REALLY DJ & VJ and don't just move the record back and forth off beat and mix off key making noise and call it Djing........That would make the conversations seem a bit dry to the over hyped, over media fed, under experienced, Dj wannabe's

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 5:47 am
i think he means, content of the topics. in this fourm"General Discussion" no one talks about anything beside how they like VDJ, how they hate VDJ, what is better than VDJ and Serato vs. VDJ. i just look through this forum and everybody say the same thing over and over again, "if you don't like don't post", "move on if you dont like it", instead of given a good answer or a simple i don't know. maybe its just me but thats my 2 cents. i like vdj :) but i also have serato, mixvibes, torq, and deckadance(all legal copies) they all have pros and cons but if something is bad about a product why not address it and move on, instead of saying "if you don't like the move on" <------ that imature to me. just my 2 cents

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 6:17 am
xgl_dj wrote :
You are right dtweed76 - It has been like this for years on this forum - that's just the way its is around here - always a bit sterile. Once in a while there are a few topics that have had heated discussions like the ssl vs vdj wars or the Mac vs Pc wars but once those die down , its back to being dry.
Reason being - this is forum has "PG/PG-13" image that it tries to keep intact - so it is heavily moded or over-moded. Topics are quickly closed(ok some needed the lock and key) and those that are not closed are bumped up to professional-level eyes only -so beware dtweed76 - you may be locked out your own thread lol.

Thanks for the agreement. I think you're right. The general section should not even contain convos about VDJ but even just hey I did a gig last week and my experience was such and such. I dont even have to reference the SSL forum even if you go on DJ Chat, Torque or any other forum you can see how they have a broad range of topics. I only complain because Im a VDJ owner and prefer this to be my primary chat forum since it relates to me the most.

jimmy b wrote :
dtweed76 wrote :
Glad we could help you get the kinks out. We look forward to your stimulating dialogue, because I'm sure you have a lot to contribute.

It's actually some of your lame jokes that has been adding to my boredom on the forums. I tend to save my stimulating convos for the real forums over on scratch live. They might be arrogant at times but at least they talk about stuff.

If you think that, what are you doin here then........

Jimmy - I'm here because I OWN VDJ so I would hope any knowledge I gain off the forum would relate back to me being able to use it with VDJ. Also I show respect for others but I didnt see you come to my defense when A Man and his Music clearly showed his dry humor. My comment was merely to spark a debate to why the convos are limited over here where only 5 or 6 threads might exist a day.

[quote=DJ Cyder]can you link us to your stimulating dialog over on ssl? Threads you actually started would be preferable.

Cyder - This was a childish and defensive comment. Obviously someone higher up as yourself should have respect for your consumers

FYI - for the record I dont think this forum is over moderated if anything its under moderated because I see many of topics go unanswered then locked with no resolution. If the answer is not none at least post that so someone does not start a new topic. Like I said my comments are not to offend anyone if they were trust me I would definitely make my presence felt

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 10:43 am
Maybe he's Pee Wee, and is confused. You know forum and theater are the same, in some cultures.

Hey even these jokes are more stimulating than whats been going on and I dont mind a little back and forth jokes it makes the forum fun. I feel the forum should be a community.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 10:53 am
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Why would anyone expect a (focussed) software forum to be a Chat board on all kinds of topics?

If you want to "chat" and have a wider range of stimulating active (DJ) conversation, other than about VDJ's software, then join a "DJ Chat" board.

BTW Jason hit the naiil on the head, and don't belittle him for asking if you could point out something that you say is occuring on another board.

And the question to you is ... "Are you starting any interesting threads, or just bitchin no one else is starting "quality" threads".

Now do you get it???

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 11:14 am
John C wrote :
Why would anyone expect a (focussed) software forum to be a Chat board on all kinds of topics?

If you want to "chat" and have a wider range of stimulating active (DJ) conversation, other than about VDJ's software, then join a "DJ Chat" board.

BTW Jason hit the naiil on the head, and don't belittle him for asking if you could point out something that you say is occuring on another board.

And the question to you is ... "Are you starting any interesting threads, or just bitchin no one else is starting "quality" threads".

Now do you get it???

Obviously you dont get it do you?

Its a GENERAL BOARD... i'm not even trying to play you but the word general means the topic can relate to anything even if we want to talk about a New IPOD that came out it would be acceptable. A majority of us already own VDJ and that is our common bound. Expereinced users obviously do not need to discuss the software over and over again (only for the newbies) but it would be nice to hear someone's expereince of say diong a sweet 16 or how they used VDJ.

If you do a search on www.djchat.com you can find such threads. So I can point it out very easliy if I wanted in fact HERE (http://www.djchat.com/boards/showthread.php?t=72743&highlight=virtual+dj). Not to say they dont exist here but they dont see to exist as often. I feel that every SSL or Torq user is active with their respective forums but i dont see the same with VDJ and im just wondering why? It honestly seems like the same 10 people on the board and the rest are unregistered newbies.

Honestly I was not bitchin I just wanted to know whats up. But obviously I started an interesting thread because its been getting responses both positive and negative. And I didnt belittle Jason his humor is dry he has made many a dry jokes on these forums. Dont mean I dont like him. I actually think some of his dry jokes are funny.

I asked peoples opinions and I gave mine. Not to say anyone is right. I just like to see both sides of the coins cause I very well could be absolutely wrong on my view

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 1:07 pm
So you just want some general bullshit session?
Stories about gigs, drunk people, hot chicks, adventures and conquests.
Tales of old, I remember when..., these kids today..., kinda stuff?
You first. :)

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 1:27 pm
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, me first!

Tue May.13.08: Mega Million Lottery Numbers in the States are:
20, 24, 27, 31, 47, Megaball 15

Next drawing, Friday May.16 with Jackpot US$196,000,000

If any of you has a chance to play, Good Luck ;)

-wheel

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 1:47 pm
wheelMan wrote :
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, me first!

Tue May.13.08: Mega Million Lottery Numbers in the States are:
20, 24, 27, 31, 47, Megaball 15

Next drawing, Friday May.16 with Jackpot US$196,000,000

If any of you has a chance to play, Good Luck ;)

-wheel

Wheel if I win i'll buy you all new equipment

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 1:53 pm
Liveunderthesky2000 wrote :
Hey dj-in-norway,

Do you know that for a fact that 5.1 is around the corner? Does that mean days? Months?

The mac family with the denon 4500 sure could use some help.

P.S.- I want to become a virtual dj teamer or tester

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Dj Jazzy Jetta, experience has taught me not to rely on the word "soon" on this forum. Soon on this forum means what you think x 5. So if you think hmm maybe soon is in the next month, try x 5 & you'll get five months.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 2:02 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Sorry guys i thought this might help, just remember to return it when your done. :)

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 2:03 pm
65%