Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Forums - Are they a lil ...ummm dry - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

So i've been coming to the VDJ forum over the past couple of months and they really dont seem that stimulating. Honestly they have not even been of much help after I got my kinks worked out of my system. I figure there would be a nice open dialog going on pics of people systems constantly updated and so forth but it seems that there are only a few threads that get responded to in a days period (at least in the general section)

With all the features and stuff of VDJ why is this forum so dry. Even the serato forum tends to have fresh dialog. My guess is that the New User well is running dry and there are not that many current users to keep the dialog going.

What are your thoughts?

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 10:49 am
For me, it's the wedding season, I'm also planning new stuff for my residency and marketing new locations. My DJ rig is perfect at this time which I had to do minor work after I F*d it up.

My system has always worked with every update and think most feels the same.

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 11:24 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I think you are not right, we post as soon as we read the topics, no one can't be here all the time.
If you need help with something feel free to ask.

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 11:56 am

Its summer... ;)
Generally speaking I'd say that the VDJ forums are more active than other DJ software forums, but been quiet lately.. true ... Guessin its summertime kickin in and people stay out in the sun ..hehe

But 5.1 is just around the corner, and with new fresh release I bet the forums will get hecktig again ;)

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 11:57 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

It's because we are old, this software has been around for a long time, those who have been around for a few years know that we've touched on so many topics, there's almost nothing else to talk about, so lately we've turned to politics, although I suspect the release of 5.1 might divert us back to the product.

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 12:54 pm
Glad we could help you get the kinks out. We look forward to your stimulating dialogue, because I'm sure you have a lot to contribute.

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 1:10 pm
Summer in Phoenix...its' a dry heat!

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 2:50 am
a nice dry 115

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 8:00 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Glad we could help you get the kinks out. We look forward to your stimulating dialogue, because I'm sure you have a lot to contribute.

It's actually some of your lame jokes that has been adding to my boredom on the forums. I tend to save my stimulating convos for the real forums over on scratch live. They might be arrogant at times but at least they talk about stuff. I guess VDJ is not that big in the US clubs to have a convo outside of personal use.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 10:27 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dtweed76 wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :

It's actually some of your lame jokes that has been adding to my boredom on the forums. I tend to save my stimulating convos for the real forums over on scratch live. They might be arrogant at times but at least they talk about stuff.

If you think that, what are you doin here then........

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 10:38 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
can you link us to your stimulating dialog over on ssl? Threads you actually started would be preferable.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 10:39 am
Hey dj-in-norway,

Do you know that for a fact that 5.1 is around the corner? Does that mean days? Months?

The mac family with the denon 4500 sure could use some help.

P.S.- I want to become a virtual dj teamer or tester

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 11:12 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You are right dtweed76 - It has been like this for years on this forum - that's just the way its is around here - always a bit sterile. Once in a while there are a few topics that have had heated discussions like the ssl vs vdj wars or the Mac vs Pc wars but once those die down , its back to being dry.
Reason being - this is forum has "PG/PG-13" image that it tries to keep intact - so it is heavily moded or over-moded. Topics are quickly closed(ok some needed the lock and key) and those that are not closed are bumped up to professional-level eyes only -so beware dtweed76 - you may be locked out your own thread lol.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 11:36 am
xgl_dj wrote :

Reason being - this is forum has "PG/PG-13" image that it tries to keep intact

No I don't think so. It's called showing Respect for other users.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 11:40 am
jimmy b wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :

So are you denying that this forum is over-modded?

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 11:58 am
No mate, I don't. It is modded OK for me. The mod's do a good job I feel.

I don't want to come here and see slanging matches between user's, which I have seen, abit of friendly banter yes, but no insult's.

And all this shit, like "This software is better than that software", "this forum is better than that forum" it's kiddies talk I did that a school when I was 10, "my bike's better than your bike" It's bloody boring.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:06 pm
jimmy b wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :

Agreed. Also, this is a business & sometimes overly heated threads can be a turnoff for someone considering this product.

On a side note, I do think I need some stimulation, a trip to Cambodia might help..lol;^]

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:09 pm
I've noticed this too. There are also new popular places drawing attention that weren't around few years ago. People probably spend more spare time in youtube for example. Speaking of youtube, have you seen this new video from Ronald Jenkees? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg8LfoyDFUM I've gotten a bit bored with the traditional electronic genres I used to listen alot and would like to hear your suggestions of what acts come close to this feel of "modern Jarre". I like the live feeling aspect, it's not sounding forcedly rigid as most of the western music which is too fixated on certain song structure etc. In the same breath, it's not too obscure, technical or difficult like a lot of the stuff experimental electronica artists love. The comments give the idea that it's easily likeable while not what I'd call pop/mainstream/classic.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:10 pm
Timmyg1978 wrote :

Agreed. Also, this is a business & sometimes overly heated threads can be a turnoff for someone considering this product.

On a side note, I do think I need some stimulation, a trip to Cambodia might help..lol;^]

Overly heated threads on the ssl forums - hasn't affected the product's popularity. I bet alot of Mod's, Teamers and regular users from this board frequent theirs forums - as a matter a fact - I have seen quite a few from here posting on the ssl forum.

Yet some want to chastise a particular behavior on this forum, but yet, they participate on other forums - by reading or posting - to me it is hypocritical.

All I am saying - I agree with respecting other forum members - but I think it can be a bit lighter around here with the Mod - ing .

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:44 pm
All I can say is SSL have there codes of practise on there forum,

And we have our codes of practise on this forum,

Simple as that.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:49 pm
32%