Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Standard Instructions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It seems like everytime I am on this forum, one common issue is always people trying to work out the best way to listen to songs in headphones or using the preview song feature. Since many DJ's are bringing laptops to clubs, I think it would be nice, if in the VDJ manual, they listed out the best configurations for the different types of set-ups.

1.One internal Soundcard to External Mixer

2. A USB soundcard to External Mixer

3. A USB soundcard and internal soundcard to External Mixer

These seem to be the 3 main ways to hook up to a PUB or Clubs house system.

The forum has discussions of this all the time, but it always seems to be almost complete, but not quite. I think the VDJ team should put this step by step, everything from how to connect it to the mixers, to which skin is best to use, to how to actually do it. At the end of the day, it seems everyone who is DJing in a Pub or Club is wanting the easiest configuration to have one song playing to the crowd, the other loaded in the other deck, which can be played through the headphones, and also being able to preview your library while both songs are loaded in the decks.

Posted Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 11:52 am
Here is my set up
Laptop one sound card
Keyboard with 2nd sound card usb midi controller
Config deck1 to card 1...deck2 to card 2
turntable with tcv into keyboard also
All ASIO (Audio streaming interface output) 24 bit
All going to an external mixer
You can even add a3rd sound card to be able to preview samples or 3 track while the 2 main ones are playing(Choose adv config)
Hope this helps
Andre

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 12:37 pm
I will make a blog showing different setups, with pictures... or someone else might also ;)

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 11:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)