Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Automix Not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Been using the automix feature when I leave the booth. Last night at the club, it decided to stop working. Any ideas why songs would stop loading into the decks when on Automix. The only change from the last time it worked on my computer, was I upgraded from Musicmatch 9.0 to MM 10. Got home and tried it once again this morning, and it failed once again. Need help, many gigs coming up, including weddings and NYE. Sometimes early in the night I like to load 10 songs and work the crowds.

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 12:03 pm
Try winamp with o second interval enqueue option your can set up sets for the beginning
and at the bar i work the sound is better with winamp.
Try to restore b4 musicmatch upgrade (carefull alot of spy,malware in musicmatch)
If you use your computer to surf you need these (spybot,ad-aware,reg mechanic)these will keep you running clean.
Andre

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 12:13 pm
Thank you! You say sound is better with Winamp vs VDJ overall? You still use VDJ for you show? If so, how do you improve the sound for VDJ during your show?

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 12:26 pm
First off vdj's sound is sooooo good compared to the others
i use the external mixing board to eq my sound in the bar
You may have misunderstood me i meant winamp is better sounding than musicmatch(as a back up mp3 player)
but no match for VDJ i assure you
Andre

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 12:59 pm
I just ran a check for spyware, and the computer is clean. I am a bit nervous about VDJ, since at first I was having no problems. When I first used automix, I would load the playlist, right click on the automix, and let it go for as long as I needed. Now I am noticing that when I load the playlist then click automix, it isn't even loading tracks to both decks. I want to be a digital dj, but this kind of issue makes me nervous. Any other thoughts to why now the automix is failing? When I am at the club, I do not run any other programs, and am not connected to the internet. Is it possible that just by having musicmatich 10.0 on my system it could be causing this problem where as MM 9.0 did not?

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 1:28 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Automix works good all the time but when you have in the settings: force fade= activated+ fadelength=none , there is a bug: the songs of the playlist aren't loaded. I hope it will be corrected soon

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 8:08 pm
Dont be nervous bout vdj ive been working in da club with this since beginning of August
Now its all good you can trust this program but you have to learn all the ins and outs
And always have a back up just in case.Just drop all the musicmatch stuff!!!
Vdj and winamp go along great together
Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 11:10 pm
I fixed my problem by restoring my computer to before the MusicMatch 10.0 download. Only problem now is that my old version of MM is not burning CD's now. Not sure why. I use musicmatch to buy downloads, and also have found it the one program that you can burn a CD, then print the jewel case insert from the burn and it will list Artist, song and time. In addition, MM also has a great supertagging feature that keeps all my MP3's tagged corrected. I almost feel that you actually need a seperate laptop that is just used for VDJ. After my problem last week, I am afraid to download or update any programs on my laptop due to potential problems that may result in VDJ.

Posted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 9:08 pm
But like i said b4 drop musicmatch and go with win amp you will have so many more features and goes well with vdj as a back up player so until they fix the problem like djcel said you can program your songs for the beginning with winamp.Use vdj for the BIG SHOW.
And not to cause any krap:This is my personal conclusion with my experiences not a judgement call!
Andre

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 1:16 pm
the automix mode of play might be updated and worked on for future release of Virtual DJ :)

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 11:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)