Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where can I get some music videos?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and this will be my first topic. I just recently used vdj and very excited about the video mixing. However, it seems to be that there's not a lot of resources out there to get the videos. I tried Itunes but it is not compatible. I also look onto subscribing at PromoOnly but I'm just not into subcription co'z the product will never be yours once your subscription expired. Any Help will be good. Thank VDJ community.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 6:06 pm
I think your mistaking about the promo only subscription. You OWN you DVD's when you subscribe. I have a catalog that goes back to the year 2000... there a few years I missed out but for the most part... umm ... they never came and got them once my subscription ran out. Not sure where you heard that.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 11:00 pm
Low-fat, thank bro...I will double check on that to make sure.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 2:43 am
Stage6.com !!!! free

look for quality... 720 or above ..generally

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 3:59 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
vizions

i posted that site to the community a while back as an informative educational tool for users, i did'nt think anyone would abuse its content, but it just goes to show how erm, educational it can be.... lol

Tayla

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 4:10 am
you may want to read the paper you signed when you subscibed to promo only. There is a line in there that explains that promo only reserves the right to revoke all or any of the cd's and/or dvd's it has provided you with since they actually own them and there rights.
As such once your subsciption is terminated this agreement is not which allows you to hold on to them until they request them back
they would only do something like this due to something based on a violation of the agreemednt like: duplication and distrubtion

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 5:19 am
Hi,

BTW some itunes videos will work. You have to look for the ones that are "itunes plus". To be honest, there's not that many (here in the uk at least) but you might still be able to find a few good ones.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 10:12 am
but are the itunes vids good enough for a large projection screen?? Im new to video and wouldnt want to start a collection that ends up looking poor quality

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 2:32 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 4:43 pm
djrenee wrote :
So what's up with these people..... http://www.venuevj.com/register/registration_complete.html

First they were going on-line in January..... then in February...... still waiting.

keep in mind it is brought you by the people from pcdj...

for those whom experienced the promised released of anything from them... well... enough said..

wouldn't hold my breath

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 4:52 pm
dancetime wrote :
you may want to read the paper you signed when you subscibed to promo only. There is a line in there that explains that promo only reserves the right to revoke all or any of the cd's and/or dvd's it has provided you with since they actually own them and there rights.
As such once your subsciption is terminated this agreement is not which allows you to hold on to them until they request them back
they would only do something like this due to something based on a violation of the agreemednt like: duplication and distrubtion

This was one of the first things that was being talked about back at the DJ convention in 99 before the release. Old News

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 8:42 pm
low-fat-al wrote :
djrenee wrote :
So what's up with these people..... http://www.venuevj.com/register/registration_complete.html

First they were going on-line in January..... then in February...... still waiting.

for those whom experienced the promised released of anything from them... well... enough said..

wouldn't hold my breath

DUDE thats the funniest shit I've heard in a while!!!

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 9:04 pm
dancetime wrote :

This is true for virtually ANY media because you are LICENSING THE USE OF IT and NOT PURCHASING it even though the store/website/service calls it a SALE. Back in the 80's and 90's with record pools the labels had the right to come take the vinyl back, I still have vinyl dating back to 1982 from record pools I was a member, never once have I ever heard of anybody having to give anything back....but strictly speaking if they ask for it you got to surrender it.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 10:18 pm
dj-e-lectric wrote :
dancetime wrote :

This is true for virtually ANY media because you are LICENSING THE USE OF IT and NOT PURCHASING it even though the store/website/service calls it a SALE. Back in the 80's and 90's with record pools the labels had the right to come take the vinyl back, I still have vinyl dating back to 1982 from record pools I was a member, never once have I ever heard of anybody having to give anything back....but strictly speaking if they ask for it you got to surrender it.

Damm!!
I just chucked all my old vinyl also had a lot of useless record pool music. I should have packed it all up and sent it back to them and saved myself the dump fee’s

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 10:26 pm
Man!! That was som poor english.. SORRY.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 10:59 pm
vizions1 wrote :
Stage6.com !!!! free

look for quality... 720 or above ..generally

Some of the video quality is good, be careful as a lot is copied from tv and still has the show/station logos on the....but mostly the audio is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.........virtually every video I tried (for comparison sake...) would need to be brought into vegas and replaced with the commercially available audio track and re-synced up.

Posted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 4:18 am
djrenee wrote :

wouldn't hold my breath

LOL.... Totally agree if it is infact part of PCDJ, defently do not hold your breath. If it's anything like the there promisses of there VJ Product, it was totally a joke there promisses for over 2 years of there revolutionly VJ software then they just deliver a rebagged watered down version of Virtual DJ. that they could have delived a long time ago. I have always been a loyal customer of PCDJ right from the start but after that i will never go back along with meny users...

VJ Storm.

Posted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 6:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)