Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5.0.7 - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 9:29 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Argh! I give up on the DirectX problem I'm having. I tried a number of installers and it won't work any better.

Anyways, just a comment about the new version - I'm finding that the new inability to drag songs on the video preview window in order to load them onto the deck is kind of annoying... but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to the new behaviour... I wouldn't even suggest changing it, but just voicing my concern.

But... that aside, can this be changed from within the skin by a skin designer?

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 9:30 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Supacon wrote :
Argh! I give up on the DirectX problem I'm having. I tried a number of installers and it won't work any better.

Anyways, just a comment about the new version - I'm finding that the new inability to drag songs on the video preview window in order to load them onto the deck is kind of annoying... but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to the new behaviour... I wouldn't even suggest changing it, but just voicing my concern.

But... that aside, can this be changed from within the skin by a skin designer?

You can turn that off - the drag-to-preview windows so it will work like the old way ....

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 9:33 pm
Adding to Chris's post, the setting is under the Video settings.

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 10:21 pm
Hi, I've tried to make this new version work with my MK2 soundcard (herc) and for several hours now, tried re-installing both the software and drivers for the soundcard but can't seem to get the timecodes to give me anything X>0 signal wise......wat else can I do and if anything can I get my acc. unlocked please so I can re-download rev 6! Thanks... And just a quick mention...never had problems upgrading to a newer version so can't understand what the dealio is.....

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 10:22 pm
and I do have the latest drivers for the herc....:-(

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 10:57 pm
i have issues with running my mk2 with a firmware/driver/software update. with 1 TCV config or 2 TCV config

Common error is ASIO sound driver, after i got that fixed the TCV stopped being read by VDJ then white noise "faintly in the backround"
running 5.0.7
it work flawless for me in 5.0.6 "wich i reverted to after several config/update attempts.
i don't mind this issue since this is a new engine that there preping for 5.1 ;-)
i'm just posting this for the Dev team to help resolve some issues.
I'll try on my other PC to see if i can config this, to see if i can help find some solutions.

highly detailed spec's:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

System Memory 2047.8

Processor Speed 2999.9

DirectX Version 9.0c

Display Device NVIDIA GeForce 6200

Display Memory 256.0

Display Driver 6.14.11.6921

Sound Device Hercules DJ Console Mk2

Sound Driver 5.1.2600.2180

Operating System Information
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer Information
Version 7.00.5730.0013

System Device Information
Processor
Intel Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2999.9 Mhz

Memory
System Total 2047.8
Virtual Total 2047.9
Pagefile Total 3943.3

Snapshot
System Available 1542.6
Virtual Available 1999.0
Pagefile Available 3542.0

Monitor Information
Monitor Name SONY CPD-G400/G400J
Refresh Rate 85 Hz

Network Card Information
Name Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter WMP300N - Packet Scheduler Miniport

System Device Information
Background Processes Information
Process Name [System Process]
Process Name System
Process Name smss.exe
Process Name csrss.exe
Process Name winlogon.exe
Process Name services.exe
Process Name lsass.exe
Process Name svchost.exe
Process Name svchost.exe
Process Name svchost.exe
Process Name svchost.exe
Process Name svchost.exe
Process Name spoolsv.exe
Process Name explorer.exe
Process Name rundll32.exe
Process Name CTHELPER.EXE
Process Name jusched.exe
Process Name ctfmon.exe
Process Name btdna.exe
Process Name HWAPI.exe
Process Name mcmscsvc.exe
Process Name McNASvc.exe
Process Name mcods.exe
Process Name mcpromgr.exe
Process Name McProxy.exe
Process Name RedirSvc.exe
Process Name Mcshield.exe
Process Name mcsysmon.exe
Process Name MpfSrv.exe
Process Name mps.exe
Process Name nvsvc32.exe
Process Name PnkBstrA.exe
Process Name ArcNameService.exe
Process Name WLTRYSVC.EXE
Process Name BCMWLTRY.EXE
Process Name mpsevh.exe
Process Name mcagent.exe
Process Name alg.exe
Process Name svchost.exe
Process Name msmsgs.exe
Process Name emproxy.exe
Process Name MegaManager.exe
Process Name HDJ2CPL.exe
Process Name iexplore.exe
Process Name EasyInfo.exe
Process Name wmiprvse.exe

Media Device Information
Mass Storage Devices
Type Fixed
File System NTFS
Total Space 111.8 GB
Free Space 72.5 GB

Mass Storage Devices
Type CD / DVD Drive
File System UDF
Total Space 3.3 GB
Free Space 0 Bytes

Mass Storage Devices
Type Fixed
File System NTFS
Total Space 186.3 GB
Free Space 26.5 GB

DirectX Information
Version 9.0c
Long Version 4.09.0000.0904

Display Device (Primary Only)
NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Device
Description NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Manufacturer NVIDIA Corporation

Driver
Version 6.14.11.6921
Module nv4_disp.dll
Date 12-5-2007

Memory
Local 256.0
Local 246.5
Non-Local 246.0
Texture 492.5

Sound Device (Primary Only)
Hercules DJ Console Mk2
Device
Description Hercules DJ Console Mk2
Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

Driver
Version 5.1.2600.2180
Module usbaudio.sys
Date 8-4-2004

Capabilities
Max 3D Buffers 0
Supports Mono Output True
Supports Stereo Output True

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 11:27 pm
@binary -- Looks to me like you have the 2004 driver, and that would not be the latest. Use the link on the previous page and see if you get a different result, even though I've resigned to the fact that its a conspiracy to get you, me and others alike to buy the remix, I think on page 5 of this forum one of 'them' sed that 'our beloved' mk2 is not supported fully as a controller in this version. Unlike you I can't get back to my rev 6 as all of 'them' are either still out on the prowl or drunk since its a.m in Europe. I'm going to be using Serato in a few mins if my acc. still hasn't been unlocked, which is funny since if you use 'bad language' there's someone on hand to take care of that. Sorry for the tone...but we have to keep them honest right? maybe I should just be like you and try to be helpful............

Posted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 11:45 pm
I gotta Admit, I just upgraded on my home machine and I REALLY like the new pitch control ranges.

Makes my DAC2 almost as Accurate as my DMC2.

nice work.

Posted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 3:03 am
taninaCUE userMember since 2007
Cstoll, about the searchlog file, you were right. I was looking for the wrong folder. Oops.

Thank you for the help.

Posted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 10:42 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
cstoll wrote :
Supacon wrote :
I'm finding that the new inability to drag songs on the video preview window in order to load them onto the deck is kind of annoying...

You can turn that off - the drag-to-preview windows so it will work like the old way ....

Ah, I see that..
Nonetheless, sometimes this feature is useful - perhaps I'll make a suggestion about how this functionality could be enhanced:
If a regular song is dropped onto the video preview, it should load the long. If a video is dragged over the video preview window, I would suggest that an icon or something is displayed in the preview window indicating that the video is about to be linked to this song. That would help to clear up confusion that this feature could cause. Sounds simple to me - when a track is Loading it says "Loading..." so I suppose a similar thing could happen when a video is about to be linked, no?

I DJed with 5.0.7 last night for the first time, and I spent an extra 10-20 seconds every time I loaded a song first accidentally linking the video to the old track I just played, then having to go find that track in the database and remove the video link, and then go find the video I wanted again and load it into the deck the correct way.

It's good that this can be turned off, but I like the idea I have of just making it a little more clear as to what's going on with some kind of a status indicator that lets you know before you drop the video that it's going to be linked and not loaded in the deck.

Posted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 3:13 pm
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
101010101 wrote :
new mk2 drivers / firmware. make sure you have 2007_CMK22_2.exe as your update from www.hercules.com

this seems to have fixed my problems - will do some more investigations but initial tests look good. cheers, S

Posted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 5:17 pm
You runnin Vista or XP. I am runnin Vista and cant seem to get it to upgrade the firmware to .7 from .6.

Posted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 6:42 pm
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
XP - the installation was a little cumbersome - had to uninstall / re-install / connect and reconnect controller a couple of times during the process but I got it in the end

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 11:15 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Probably off topic, but has the dev team ever considered having the video engine support maintaining the aspect ratio, like any free or consumer video playback software out there? It's really annoying to download some nice widescreen video and then watch some streched out chicks that look double their real width dancing around in bikinis or whatever :P

As stated midway on page 5, this would be useful. That and the colors are not very bright (look kinda dingy and no contrast).

Thanks gang!

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 11:57 am
taninaCUE userMember since 2007
Hello everyone with problems with the SBDJ Slideshow controls not showing up. I took a gamble and put my console online. I updated windows until I had no more updates available in Express and Custom. I just opened the SBDJ Slideshow and guess what. IT HAS CONTROLLLLLSSSSS!!!!!!! Yippee!

Try it and I hope it works for you.

Now, I'm going to start testing everything.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 12:15 pm
" link videos to audio-only songs"

love this new added option...you can basically make your own video remix to a particular dance remix using all the effects within vdj...You guys are great..alot of thought and work went to all this, i and i'm sure alot of other users appreciate this! Keep up the great work!

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 6:03 pm
is there an updated maunual anywhere that explains the newly added features in 5.0 Rev. 7 and how to access/adjust them?

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 10:12 pm
Sorry. I just noticed the link to the manual uodate as the secong post in this thread. Don;t know why I didn't see it the first time.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 11:15 pm
RonnieBPRO InfinityMember since 2008
- new ASIO engine (default engine is when "ASIO UltraLatency" is checked, new engine is unchecked and is safer)

What is meant by that? should or should i not use the 'ASIO UltraLatency' option?

(i'm using a Audio8DJ soundcard)

Posted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 4:17 am
79%