Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: midi controller nightmare

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

foamgodPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the good news is that I have owned the hercules, beringher and vci-100 and all work perfectly EXCEPT that you can cue while mixing. VDJ doesn't support it no matter what.So if u want to look lie a rookie in front of everyone or doing extra steps to mix, especially with video, wait until someone is able to configure cueing/mixing with a cool midi controller. good advice!

Posted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 10:11 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what?!

Posted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 11:44 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
All of the listed controllers support headphone pre-listen.

VDJ has supported this function since it was released many years ago.

Please try to be objective about what you're saying, if I've misunderstood you then read over your post as if you didn't write it, you'll see what I mean.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 12:06 pm
foamgodPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Okay, yes i get it. All I am saying is that I've tried for the past several months to get it to repspond and it wont' and I've asked on every forum on every level and all i get it someone to tell me to be more objective. that helped...

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 10:50 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry but your sarcasm and ambiguity doesn't help either, please be more explicit, what do you refer to as cueing or cueing/mixing, describe what are you trying to do and what is not working, what extra steps are you required to do in order to do cueing that makes you look like a rookie. What exactly are you trying to do, do you want to set cue points on the fly, do you try to listen the master output and the cue player in a split mix, do you try to do cue fader start, auto cue or what exactly do you need to do because most of the enumerated features are supported by the vdj when used with the right configuration

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 12:20 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hehe, as we say in software: 'garbage in, garbage out'... no offense mate but i agree with lex, if you want help you should be polite about it. lots of us here are pros and dont have any problems and push vdj to its limits. were happy to help, but dont dis the forum or software, we may just ignore you... ;-)

having said that, one tip might be to check that you arent double-assigning controls. i always delete everything and start from scratch. takes much more time, but you end up with a more personalized result.

this is whats gets a detailed response in turn for a detailed request:

1) what are you trying to do
2) what have you done to make it work
3) what was the expected result
4) what was the actual result
5) what have you done to solve the problem yourself

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 2:08 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 5:42 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
foamgod wrote :
Okay, yes i get it. All I am saying is that I've tried for the past several months to get it to repspond and it wont' and I've asked on every forum on every level and all i get it someone to tell me to be more objective. that helped...

Funny....I don't ever remember seeing your name before let alone seeing this question/statement combination from you. Please state very clearly and plainly what your issues are and I am positive someone will be able to at least give you some sage advice. Whether or not you choose to accept it......

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)