Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Does Serato work with VDJ Software? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djchuCUE userMember since 2007
in other words both vdj and serato have to be open at the same time

Posted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 10:55 am
sjursjur wrote :

Please don't say that it will be released "shortly" Norway,... and no timers please :-)

hehe, yes, point taken ;) hehe

and it turned out to be more work on the "open source" aproach that VDJ 5 has to timecode, where any timecode can be used with vdj.
The plugin is still in beta testings, and the developer of it, is working his best to make it perfect...

I cant say when that will be, but crossing my fingers that its sooner than later ;) no timer.. . lol

Posted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 11:09 am
rapan1PRO InfinityDJ ColdCutMember since 2007
i must say - recently one of my vinyls was melted by on stage lighting, and at the last minute, they managed to get a ssl vinyl to replace it. it worked fine (no plug in) - in fact it was considerably better, and far more responsive than the vdj vinyl.

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 7:12 pm
Are you sure that was considerably better ? Because if it's true i'll will ask to my boss to buy vdj pro.(Serato doesn't work fine under Windows Vista, lots of crashes)

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 12:24 pm
Ok, so next month I'll be spinning with a DJ running Serato. At that point I should have my Virtual Vinyl up and running with the full version of Cue as opposed to the Cue LE version I'm currently using.

I know for a fact the SL1 sound card works with VDJ but my question is this:

How well does it work and who's vinyl do I have to use to control Cue? Virtual Vinyl or Serato Vinyl??

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 2:41 am
You use the Timecoded cds for the same brand software you use only..... Virtual dj doesnt support Serato timecodes to work with it or Cue..
If you use Cue, then you use cue time codes...

An important question for you.. Are you going to be using turntables or Cd ? or both..

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 6:10 pm
Sorry it has taken me forever to post a reply to this post.

Anyway.....this would be done on turntables.

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 5:38 pm
tafkadHome userMember since 2008
I tried to get Virtual DJ and the SL-1 Box to talk to each other last night. I installed the SL-1 driver on my PC and used that. I have the CDJ1000 and was able to get some of the functions to work but not all of them. (ex. fast forward, que, loop, and master tempo wouldn't work) I believe there may be something I'm doing wrong with the timecode configuration but I'm not sure. Has anyone gotten this to work with all of the CDJ1000 functions and if so can you tell me what the proper audio configuration should be?

Posted Sat 31 May 08 @ 12:15 pm
Testing out Serato Vinyls with box and VDJ interface, but it seems that if i use beatmatch or cue jumps, after awhile, the TC suddenly stops working, even though the vinyl is still in the middle of the track and making noise... just stops responding to it. Nothing I do (stopping, starting track, turning off TC and back on, cue point, stopping deck and playing track, unloading, reloading and needle dropping) gets any response. The only workaround I found is to exit/relaunch VDJ... problem is, it happens within about 30 mins of playing! Boss says I gotta use the interface for the club, I'd like to use VDJ cause it rocks, and beats Serato hands down for user interface. Oh, it does this with Serato CDs too, although with the SSL-1 and VDJ timecode, seems ok, and stable. Oh, and with Serato vinyl especially, seems a bit.... choppy. I noticed the VDJ default plug-in setting for timecodes, anything else i can stick in there? Any help would be appreciated, Serato is a pain... thanks, Fresh

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 3:04 pm
somebody should ask Funk.... he got it to work SSL to work perfectly with VDJ from version 4

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 10:21 pm
Also, please ensure to purchase the legitimate version of VDJ, the "cracked" versions wont work seamless with external peripherals...

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 10:27 pm
does serato dj work with vdj 8

Posted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 5:18 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
you mean does the serato software work with the VDJ Software ??

Posted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 5:36 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
This is a six year old thread. Please start a new one in regards to this topic.

Posted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 5:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)