Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Does Serato work with VDJ Software? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm sure this question has been asked before but after checking a few topics, I didn't find the answer to my question.

If a user has a Serato box with Serato control vinyl will the user have the option of using VDJ rather than the crappy Serato software?

If so, what version of VDJ supports this?

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 3:58 pm
yes, you can use the Serato box with VDJ.

Think the support for it started about a year ago, so the current version support it yes

Your SSL vinyls can also be used, with a plugin (VDJ support any timecode)

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 4:00 pm
What is the name of the Plug-In?

What about using Virtual Vinyl timecoded records with a Serato box? Will that work?

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 4:30 pm
have to be a registered user for plugin's skins etc. ;-)

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 4:50 pm
this is good to know :) that means i can sell my crappy torq vinly with torq and get vdj and just go to the guitar center

and pick those records up man this makes me even happyer

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 4:55 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Numark Virtual Vinyls will work with the sll one box with vdj pro yes , you can pick them up at alot of dj retailers.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 4:55 pm
I have CUE LE 5 which came with the Numark Total Control I bought.

Can timecoded vinyl work with this version of Cue?

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 5:00 pm
yes for a limited period of 5 minutes

if you want full access to time-codes you need to purchase VDJ pro or the Full Cue

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 5:02 pm
Is this only supported in version 5?

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 5:11 pm
so let me make shure before i do this (cuse it looks like its better if i just buy vdj st8 from u guys

i think i will download it when i have the cash it works with ssl vinyl ?

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 5:12 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes it does work with SSL Vinyl.

Looking forward to seeing you as a Pro user :).

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 5:20 pm
sure does ;-)

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 5:21 pm

no, it does not yet...!

To be precise here:
- Virtual DJ works 100% with the SL-1 box (Serato soundcard)

The control vinyls does not work truly as is, but since VDJ and SSL uses pretty close timecode signals, it will work somehow as is, but with 6% pitch offset, and no needle drop.

From v5.0 of VDJ, we added an "open source" platform for timecode, meaning that ANY timecode can be supported 100% inside VDJ, by using a user made plugin. There is no such plugin released yet, but one for miss pinky and one for ssl vinyls have been tested by users, and works good. Still beta though (as far as I know not relesed yet, but will be shortly).

But, the Numark Virtual Vinyl vinyls will work 100% as they are identical to VDJs own timecode vinyls.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 5:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Investing in Numark/VDJ Vinyls will always be a better solution anyhow, and not a great price to pay for what you're getting.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 07 @ 5:39 pm
KhyewHome userMember since 2008
I am a software developer. How can I get involved in time-code vinyl tracking plug-in development? Where can I acquire a copy of and documentation for this open-source time-code platform? I see no mention of it anywhere.

Posted Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 9:57 am
can i conect mk2 to my sl (serato sound card) , how? i want use mk2 like mixer.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 6:07 pm
The mk2 isn't a hardware mixer it only functions when connected to your pc and VDJ.

Posted Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 6:43 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

There is no such plugin released yet, but one for miss pinky and one for ssl vinyls have been tested by users, and works good. Still beta though (as far as I know not relesed yet, but will be shortly).

Please don't say that it will be released "shortly" Norway, because that is the most misused word on these forums. "Shortly" has been used about this plugin since before release of v5, shortly was used about v5 a LONG time before it was released, the same goes for v4, mac version and mac version v5. Just say it is in developement, please... and no timers please :-)

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 9:07 am
djchuCUE userMember since 2007
ok so if i goto a club that has a serato sound card i will still be able to use vdj and the vdj timecodes whether its vinyl or cd? is there n e diifference in sound?

Posted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 9:36 pm
Correct , its just a simple setup process in VDJ but you will need to have sll installed on your machine and run this first to enable the card.

Posted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 7:14 am
59%