Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PCI cards for Low Latency Timecode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'm looking for PCI soundcards with 4 (analog) inputs
and 4 (analog) outputs and asio, for Timecode use...
Maya44 Mk2 (pci) is excellent choice but it gives
an "asio error" in Virtual dj...

The only card i know for now is :
M-Audio Delta44

If you know any other 4x4 card "working" please write it here

George.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 2:07 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the M-Audio Delta 44 is working no probs at all WDM and ASIO mode (no dropouts) (i accually own a Delta 410 but they use exactly the same drivers) the 44 is also great because of the 1/4" TRS jacks for outputs and the consumer level outputs, meaning alot hotter signal than most cards arround without any loss in signal quality meaning you dont have to crank the gain knobs on your mixer as you usually do to get the same level as normal cd decks as apposed to most PC soundcards...

these cards are a great buy, and i recomend 100% and if you want more inputs and outputs you can multilink other M-Audio devices together (i'm just about to buy another one)

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 2:26 pm
I seccond that opinion.

Right now I have two Delta sound cards in two different systems. In my small rig I have a Delta44 and in my scratch rig I have a Delta66.

These two sound cards have worked great for me. Shop around for a delta66. You can find them CHEAP if you really look. They can be had now for $149.00 at musiciansbuy.com. That is a really good buy.

Another good thing is that M-Audio updates their drivers regularly and even on their old cards (so no worries if these cards are a few years old). The last update was in the beginning of november and was related to ASIO2.

Mine works great in ASIO mode. I mean 3 to 4% CPU use while looping, etc on both decks is unbelievable to me. You won't go wrong with either of those cards.

Killabee44

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 12:15 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Prehaps we should aslo start a list of cards that do not work in asio mode at all.

maya 44 pci
gigaport
waveterminal 192l

I've been unsucesfull in getting any of the cards to work at all in asio mode. I get an error in asio eveytime

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:41 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Fixing the error messages in asio soundcards must be
first priority for atomix now.
----
I know the M-Audio cards very well, good drivers/support,
(i had a Audiophile2496 sometime),
but the Maya44 Mk2, has the best value for money.
I think i'll wait a little for 2.06... to see if..

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 2:11 am
M-Audio Ozone usb midi workstation...midi controller with more outputs than you will ever need.This with VDJ is all you really need.
0 latency!!!!! bout $350can.
And VDJ does recognize this ASIO 24bit sound card
Andre

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 9:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)