Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5.0 revision 6 - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

@cioce
When there is a difference between the hardware support the programs are not exatcly the same!!!

Please let me know, if CUE really doesn't support the DENON HC4500 Controller. Is there a way to switch the license from CUE to VDJ? I don't want buy CUE and VDJ.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 12:07 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
maybe should ask on the numark forum to see what is happening with the denon controller.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 3:10 pm
djfs wrote :
maybe should ask on the numark forum to see what is happening with the denon controller.

What was the point of this post? - It adds nothing constructive.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 3:12 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
djfs wrote :

If you read between the lines, you will find the meaning of life.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 3:27 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
djfs wrote :

the point of this post is for dj elliot who has cue and is wondering why or when cue will get support for the denon controller.

my quess is to ask on the numark forum seeing that is is numark cue and it is numark which is not adding the denon controller in the setup!

whats not constructive about it!

would you rather i posted myself on the forum to find out, even though i don't use a denon controller and don't really need the support in cue for the controller.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 3:28 pm
I believe that what was meant was, why post on this forum whether you should go ask on the Numark forum? Just go there and ask!

THAT is the point.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 3:36 pm
Hi Jimmy B

I noticed the same on my XP lappy that the loading was slower with 5.5 than 5.6 , i just happened to click the config screen and the loading increased a hell of alot just puzzled why this should happen. Just out of interest on my gig machine Vista :( tonight i noted the Wave pattern was stuttering although the gig went fine with no problems

As VDJ is Vista captible are any DJ's using Vista with all processes turned on if so what spec is your machine as i will be looking out for another, shortly.

Happy Xmas and Newyear to you all

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 6:12 pm
Jimmy B

That should had been slower loading with 5.6 than with 5.5 oops

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 7:37 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@chriso,

Get it now, I'll try that and see.

My waveform as always been abit wobbly, but it plays just fine. Now I'm set up on the right settings for my lappy it seems fine.

I surpose I can live with the slighty longer loading time, it's only about a extra 6-8 secs. It's the extra 10%-15% on the CPU usage that I'm abit concerned about.

Jimmy b

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 2:54 am
sclavel wrote :

- new pitch ranges 6,8,10,12,15,20,25,33,50% or anything else via registry PitchRange

Hi!
I can't find the PitchRange Key... are you sure that it's the good key?
I want a WIDE pitch (+/-100%) what must I put where?

THX
SQ;p

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 7:19 pm
JimmyB

Go to config and proformance and adjust the slider to fastest that makes a difference.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 11:46 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
100% Pitch range is not recommended at this stage, that's why it's not in options.
But it should be there in a subsequent release.

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 6:24 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
100% Pitch would be nice... it's a useful effect one can use when going for dramatic transitions... (i.e. one can do a controlled brake however they like, and they can use keylock for a digitized stuttering effect, etc).

FYI, I've been playing with 99%, and it seems to work okay so far. It's functionally pretty similar to 100 anyways... sounds about the same.

A question... I'm (slowly) modifying my skin that I designed (and have been attempting to release for two years), and was wondering: Is it possible to include support for changing tempo range in the skin itself?

That would be nice... lots of CD players have a button for that right near the pitch slider.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 6:14 pm
It's something that's been requested :).

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 6:30 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Has the below problem I'm having with all versions of v5 been resolved with v5.6?

I use Time Code CDs with the Denon 4500. I use the A1 and A2 loop-in buttons.

On 4.3r2 when I press the A1 button it sets the start point for the loop. When I press it again it goes back to that EXACT same spot.

With 5.2 when I press the A1 button it sets the start point for the loop. When I press it again it goes back TO THAT POINT AND A HALF BEAT before it thus creating train wrecks!

another guy posted about having the same issue. I'd really like to load up the latest version but if I can't get the loop-ins to go back to the exact spot then the upgrade is of no use to me. This is why I am still using 4.3r12.

Thanks!

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 7:25 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
bumpity bump! Someone to confirm this would be great! Would really like to try upgrading but won't do it without knowing!

Posted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 8:16 pm
How do you select the different pitch ranges?

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 5:06 pm
In the configuration window, under "options" you'll see the Pitch range options. If you want a different pitch range this can be changed in the registry, so the pitch range is user definable, nice ;).

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 5:13 pm
There should be a plus sign and a negative sign there and you hit one sign and the pitch should change.

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 5:14 pm
There should be a hole bunch of buttons there like options, prefoemance, network, sound setup, ect.

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 5:21 pm
76%