Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: how to mix 2 song together - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i new to virtual dj and i wanna lear how to mix hip hop or reggeaton song together

Posted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 6:46 pm
P3L3Home userMember since 2007
hey wazz up im DJ P3L3....WELL GET SONG THAT R NOT THAT DIFFERNT FRM EACH OTHER N USE THE BEAT LOCK N FADE THEM U WELL JUST GET THE FEEL N KEEP PRACTICEING

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 5:39 pm
how do i beat lock

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 11:27 am
hey i want to kno how i can turn of the singers voice so that only the beats will be playing.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 12:39 pm

Posted Wed 19 Dec 07 @ 12:58 pm
THANK YOU MAN

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 2:22 pm
you just play 2 tracks that have the same bpm, even if they dont have the same rhythm you can always use the "magic beat"

it needs a lot of practise though mixed with dedication.

come on dj, play the people a love song.

Holla!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 2:12 pm
This is my method. it's easy.

play the first song , in the second song push sinc, this adjust bpm of the second song, the pitch and the gain automatically.

now in the wave window see the big square, when a big square of the first sonsong is close to a big square of the second sond press play in the second song. now press shift + space (it's as press sinc another time).

The two songs have the same bpm, and gain, and both are playing.

you can move the crossfader from a song to the other or you can put the crossfeaderon half

Posted Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 8:56 am
mexico

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 3:47 pm
Yamazaki- thanks for the simple instruction. how do you adjust the pitch though after mixing into the new song so that it returns to its original BPM without it sounding horrible and obvious to your crowd that you are quickly speeding up or slowing down the new song???

Posted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 11:17 pm
Ask your yourself this question. If the new song is at a different BPM from the norm. Who says that it can't stay at that bpm... Or think about the new song coming in after that. Maybe your doing a paramid of energy and your going to be increasing the bpm anyway. Maybe make minor adjustments by 2% or so. No one paying that much attention anyway. But if you go from 5% percent straight to 0% then yes it's going to be noticed.

Unless your ears are trained for key and BPM your not going to notice to much as a dancer. It all depends on how you set up the energy. A song that's at a very high beat may have been set up so well that it just sounds like part of the mix. You have to practice listening and practice before you play live.

Theres a couple of people on VDJ radio that works the Keylock / pitch key so well that I hear it and say to myself this song is incorrectly out BPM but then realize they may have used the keylock.

Once again, that's a trained ear listing and not your average "joe"

As I always say... you got practice so you develop and ear for sound. Anyone can play music but a DJ creates energy and excitement in a way that a dancer doesn't realize they are being manipulated to follow.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 2:07 pm
thanks for the thoughts fatkatzdj

Posted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 5:49 pm
eeddeerHome userMember since 2008
como puedo mezclar canciones o mirar el manual de virtual dj.

Posted Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 1:48 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
fatkatzdj wrote :
Ask your yourself this question. If the new song is at a different BPM from the norm. Who says that it can't stay at that bpm... Or think about the new song coming in after that. Maybe your doing a paramid of energy and your going to be increasing the bpm anyway. Maybe make minor adjustments by 2% or so. No one paying that much attention anyway. But if you go from 5% percent straight to 0% then yes it's going to be noticed.

Unless your ears are trained for key and BPM your not going to notice to much as a dancer. It all depends on how you set up the energy. A song that's at a very high beat may have been set up so well that it just sounds like part of the mix. You have to practice listening and practice before you play live.

Theres a couple of people on VDJ radio that works the Keylock / pitch key so well that I hear it and say to myself this song is incorrectly out BPM but then realize they may have used the keylock.

Once again, that's a trained ear listing and not your average "joe"

As I always say... you got practice so you develop and ear for sound. Anyone can play music but a DJ creates energy and excitement in a way that a dancer doesn't realize they are being manipulated to follow.

Yes very true... it takes years of practice to train your ear for perfect key mixing and there are a handful of DJ's on VDJR that do it nicely
But VDJ has made it a little easier to mix but you still need that trained ear for perfection :-)

Posted Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 8:20 pm
What exactly is the KEYLOCK feature, and what is its main purpose?

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 10:00 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's main purpose is maintaining (lock) the pitch when u adjusting/stretching the tempo of the tracks,

so as it will not create "chipmunks" effects on it and that can be ugly ;).

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 1:56 pm
joanseHome userMember since 2008
como mezclo 2 canciones a la misma vez una pra quitrle el sondio y la otra la voz

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 10:00 pm
key correction is to keep the track you are playing in key as you change the pitch, if you dont use it, the second you touch your pitch your basicly playing a song out of tune, if you have a guitar track playing, it's like playing with the tension of the string's....your playing out of tune...so always use it,
but sometime's track will sound better when you pitch shift them lower or higher and try to match the key of the track your playing...it's still playing out of tune but it's playing out of tune closer to the key of the track your mixing into and sometimes will make your mix sound better and sometimes will make it sound rediculus ...espacialy if you have vocals in there.

also ...i scratch alot and i rarely use key correction when pitch shifting my samples cause it's easier to get the sample to sound right with the track when your scratching.....another one i use alot is pitch shift without key correction all the way to plus 50 or minus 50...then press key corrections then bring the pitch fader all the way to the other side either being up or down...you get realy interesting sounds with that

Posted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 11:31 am
i want to announce my dj name while a song is playing....how could i do this or what pragram/software do i use to change my voice into anotherone.....i have been looking this up for a long time but i cant find anything

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 8:01 pm
Well I'm new to this whole thing but not with atomix. I'm using the trial version of virtual DJ wanna see a true dj in me since it is ma dream. I want to be godd and familiar with virtual trial version b4 getting started

Posted Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 7:44 am
61%