Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP!!! Missing Song and Video Files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I can't figure out what is going on. When I launch VDJ I all of my favorite folders appear, but there are no song files that show up in VDJ. The MP3 and VOB files are on my external hard drive where they should be, but nothing shows up in VDJ.

I have restarted my computer several times and relaunched VDJ, but with no success. Can anybody help?

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 11:35 pm
What happens if you rt click one of these folder, and select recurse?

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 11:50 pm
Nothing. I get an error message every time I close VDJ though. It says:

Warning! The system was unresponsive. Virtual DJ has performed a recovery and should now work ok again. Still, you might want to restart the software the next time it's convenient enough to do so.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 2:00 am
Do you have a controller connected?

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 8:27 am
I am guessing that you mean that the tracks do not show up in the browser. Have you checked your "show" ticks in the browser's file bullseye? You can find the details on page 15 of the manual. Hope this helps.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 4:44 pm
Yes, I have a controller connected (DAC-3) and all of the items are checked in the "show" bulls eye. The only way I can get things to show up in the browser is to restore everything to factory defaults, but it is rather a pain when i have to reconfigure everything.

Any other ideas?

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 9:50 pm
There is a bug concerning the DAC 3. It is being worked on as we speak. To verify, disconnect the DAC 3, and see what happens. There may be a work around, so do a search.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 10:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 11:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)