Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 50.5 Problem (warning message) - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was not losing my codecs either at the beginning, but after it crashed more while I was testing it is when I started to lose the codecs.

Posted Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 3:36 pm
It also happened to me.

The information (song names etc.) did not appear after plugging the DAC 3 back in. Scary!

I had to re-install rev 2 without the DAC 3 connected. Then I reconnected the DAC 3 and the names of the songs came back.

Jose

Posted Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 4:43 am
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

Just to let you lnow that I am alos experiencing this issue.

I get the warning message when closing Virtual Dj.

On Saturday I lost all my codecs as well..then I re-opended VDJ and they were back.

My Set Up is As follows:

Virtual Dj 5 rev 5
Windows XP Pro

00DJ Laptop MRK 3
Intel Core Duo 2GHHTZ
2 GB RAM
DAC 3 with mapper
UDJ soundcard

If you want me to test anything I have some time as I am off work from the day job.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 2:50 pm
...Just to add my name to the list of people having this problem - I was having the DAC-3 hang and message when closing ever since installing rev5, but the codecs and therefore tracks disappearing issue also started to happen on Saturday.

Another strange thing that was happening to me was that sometimes, after the crash with the DAC-3 happened, and even after rebooting, I was trying to load a track, audio or video, and the player would display the name of the track followed by - ERROR. I found I had to reinstall the ASIO drivers for my maya 44 usb in order to get this problem to go away.

I've since re-installed rev2 and it's OK for me.

Pete

Posted Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 2:58 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
revision .5 DAC 3 while hooked up crashed.. on shutdown im getting sick of this , always tweaking this or that I tried the dmc 2 nice buttons but needs remapped for easier uses............. vdj please help --- with denons new controller coming out Im thinking about chucking vdj. vdj please help get the dac issue resolved . I need 5.4 I guess............. Dj Jamm

Posted Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 7:56 pm
This thread appeaer to have died off a bit,

Has there been any resolution to people losing their codecs and issues with the DAC 3 when shutting down.

Is the development team working on the issue,

As I said earlier I am available to test if needs be but I would like to know at the very lease that the issue is being addressed.

Posted Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 10:11 pm
Ok cstoll,

I think you posted before me there :)

So I see the issue is being addressed that is good to know.

As I said I am available if you need me to test on my machine.

Posted Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 10:12 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In case you guys missed it on the previous page --

Killabee44 wrote :
For those that lost their codecs and know how to edit your registry use this fix given to me by Cstoll:

"Paste this into the FileTypes registry entry (located at: current user -->software -->virtualdj -->Filetypes)

mp3,1,wav,2,cda,3,wma,4,asf,4,ogg,5,vdj,6,vds,6,mp4,8,m4a,8,aac,8,avi,11,mpg,11,mpeg,11,wmv,11,vob,11,divx,11,zip,15,

Posted Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 11:30 pm
Cstoll,

I understand what you mean about this bug not being a show stopper, but I would have to somewhat disagree. For those that can figure out how to fix the issue (not being able to see any of your tracks), that might work, but for others it will not.

If, for whatever reason you have to shut down VDJ and lose your codecs while at a gig, you would have to figure this out under pressure. Let's face it, many people using this software are not going able to fix it at a gig. They would have to log on to the forum to find out how or uninstall and reinstall VDJ.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 1:12 am
Agree on that point.

**** Disclaimer :: Experienced Users Only *******

Quick fix for Quick Recovery as you describe would be (For those Experienced or Comfortable with the Registry) to use the Registry Export feature. Export the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\VirtualDJ branch to the desktop. That way you could reload your registry entries very quickly (which would include the FileTypes key) by using the Merge option.

**** Disclaimer :: Experienced Users Only *******

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 1:34 am
Aaaaahhh, export the registry entry. Nice for a quick fix! Good one.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 2:24 am
i get exactly the same problem with the dac 3 and system unresponsive messages as well as all my tracks disappearing from the database , or error messages on load, can we get this fixed guys, i cant trust the software ive paid a lot of money for, i love the software but loving it and using it on a gig are 2 different things

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 2:44 am
^^^^^ Did I just miss something here ^^^^^

Posted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 5:48 am
has anyone come up with an answer to the dac3 shutdown issue and losing track names as i am fedup with it not working i had to revert to my "other" software on my oodj on saturday night as i couldnt see any of my karaoke or music 2 x 500 gig drives and its beginning to frustrate me now

is there a permanant fix for this and are we getting 5.6 soon to sort out all these problems i feel us dac 3 users are getting a bad deal

Posted Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 1:01 am
It's been clearly documented in this thread. The Dev Team is working on a solution. There are temporary fixes posted for the problems you described. No one is getting a 'bad deal' it's being worked.

Posted Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 1:10 am
it might have been clearly documented but what do you do if you "dont" know how to edit the registry let alone find it come on support needs to be a bit more precise and it is a major problem not being able to see the songs can be a night stopper! this needs to be given priority i would have thought or an answer that is not criptic would help

Posted Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 12:21 pm
Sorry if you felt my reply was criptic.
It is being given priority. It is being worked on.
There are a couple of Registry correction methods provided - all of which are the short-term quick fixes for the missing codecs.
Another quick fix, is to add back the ones you need most - usually MP3, AVI, MPG, VOB - in the Config -> Codecs tab - this only takes a couple secs each.

I wish I could be more exact to a when but it is still being worked.

Posted Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 1:31 pm
I would suggest to those that do not know how or don't feel comfortable editing the registry, to just stop using their dac3 until this is fixed. Unplug the USB cable and use your mouse in the meantime and you will avoid these issues.

Posted Sat 10 Nov 07 @ 1:22 pm
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Now That We (finally) Know .... How hard can it be to pull your dac's usb cable BEFORE shutting down. Easy.

Remembering to plug it back in before having to reboot a second time ... well let's just say "Get this glitch fixed!".

But the real issue is the issue (sounds like double talk).

How is it that we ( the end users) have become the beta testers of this matter and have had to error out in the field, and be "lost" until we read (and dig and read some more) to come up with this temporary "fix".

I really feel let down by this matter. I've put up with all kinds of glitches to every improvement VDJ has made, and I very much support the effort to constantly improve the software's abilities ... BUT

This one issue can be very confusing for most all operators of this software using this common controller.

It has devastated many Live performances!

It renders the software completely useless when it removes all your codec by simply shutting down a common combination of controller / software system being used in the field.

How could it have gotten past the Beta stages?

Even the "round about cure" comes with some (serious) warnings.

So, is there someone who can answer this one simple question ... Why did this revision get released with this error in it?

Posted Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 8:50 pm
Still waiting for the fix... Is it comming out soon??? thanks!!

Posted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 7:44 am
92%