Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 50.5 Problem (warning message) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
paulettecerra wrote :
It pops up for me when VDJ crashes and after the computer reboots itself.

The freeze up must be a glitch in my computer. But did you use the computer or did you leave it idle.

Thanks

Paul - send me a PM about this OR start a new thread.... I want to help you with this one.

Funky-T wrote :
Keep in mind, this message appears only on this version... don't try to modify anything in your configuration because you won't get anywhere. Don't jump and screw around with your laptop configuration and settings....again....it use to work perfect before, right? It's 100% the problem with this release, they will need to fix this probably releasing a new version (or maybe a patch).

This message is a feature that was added in this version and that is why you are seeing it for the first time.

It was added because of experiences people had with their systems in previous versions. And what it is doing is exposing where people would not of noticed problems before.

So,Yes where your settings are now may be wrong and waiting for a problem to happen OR Your settings may be right and there are other issues that need resolved.

Like why the DAC-3 drivers OR maybe the mapper are not releasing properly when shutting down VirtualDJ as in your's and Bob's situation. Which is only at shutdown and does not occur during normal use correct ? So no harm done while using VirtualDJ, correct ?

Don't know where you gets this opinion that it is a bug, but it was put here to help not to hurt.

Posted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:00 pm
Funky-TPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So, in my case what should i do, before was fine and now i get that message everytime when i shutdown the software.

Posted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:50 pm
Funky-T wrote :
So, in my case what should i do, before was fine and now i get that message everytime when i shutdown the software.

Well you use the DAC-3. As Bob has done the check on when the DAC-3 is not connected, he doesn't get the problem. How about if you try removing the mapper (simply rename the DAC-3.dll to DAC-3.old), launch VirtualDJ, make sure in the Remote Control section the DAC-3 is recognized and Active, shut down - does the error message show up ?

Posted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 8:51 pm
I use the DAC 3 and had the same problem with the caution message with rev. 5. I went back to rev.2 and all is well. I'm not sure if I need any further upgrades. I will wait to see if the team can solve the problem. I love my DAC 3. I hope the issue is resolved in future upgrades.

Jose
www.justoutstandingentertainment.com

Posted Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 1:24 am
JOSETHEDJ wrote :
I use the DAC 3 and had the same problem with the caution message with rev. 5. I went back to rev.2 and all is well. I'm not sure if I need any further upgrades. I will wait to see if the team can solve the problem. I love my DAC 3. I hope the issue is resolved in future upgrades.

Jose
www.justoutstandingentertainment.com

Can't resolve issues if people don't help. Please hope someone responses with results of what I have asked ?

Posted Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 11:22 am
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'd love to help buddy, but cannot afford to install 5.5 again, last time i had so many crashes that it corrupted the database on a 750gb hdd.

i mannaged to fix it with the wonderful options in the browser menu but lost all scanned info.

i am now in the 3rd day of scanning and still not finished.

last sat when i installed the new version I had to risk unscanned tracks after reverting back to previous version. Boy was i sweating, but 5.4 did not fail me !!!!!

it will be interesting to see if the mapper is at fault. perhaps jpboggis is the man to ask but i doubt it because the mapper works fine on same setup, vista, dac3 and 5.4.

Posted Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 12:09 pm
YES! only at shutdown and does not occur during normal use....This is correct...No harm done while using VirtualDJ.....
I do use the DAC-3, if you think it's the drivers or the mapper are not releasing properly when shutting down....can you tell me how to reinstall them, I don't remember how to do this.......Thanks Bob

Posted Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 12:38 pm
Bob Fauci DJ wrote :
YES! only at shutdown and does not occur during normal use....This is correct...No harm done while using VirtualDJ.....
I do use the DAC-3, if you think it's the drivers or the mapper are not releasing properly when shutting down....can you tell me how to reinstall them, I don't remember how to do this.......Thanks Bob

Go to the My Documents -> VirtualDJ\\Plugins\\ControlDevice folder and simply rename the dac3.dll file to dac3.old
Launch VirtualDJ, Play a couple of tracks, Close VirtualDJ -- Do you get the error message ?
If no, then redo the steps and rename the mapper back to dac3.dll
Launch VirtualDJ, Play a couple of tracks, Close VirtualDJ -- Do you get the error message ?

What are the results ?

Also Again for All -- This is a new trap feature that is recognizing problems. I am not claiming the mapper has issues. But I am trying to eliminate it as a cause to the message being trapped.

Posted Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 4:04 pm
cstoll,

I should have time today to check out the DAC 3 or mapper issue. I'll report any important info right away.

Jose
www.JustOutStandingEntertainment.com

Posted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 1:52 pm
YES. It's the DAC-3. When I unplug the DAC 3 rev 5 works fine. When you plug it in it doesn't. I did a clean install without a mapper and it still did not work. VDJ team please fix this problem. Thanks.

I will continue with rev 2 until the DAC 3 works with rev. 5.

Posted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 9:23 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
well thats another reason to miss out an update. rev 4 didn't play one of my vids, nor did rev 5 and because i use a dac3 and i'm in a club enviroment with rackmount computers and everything screwed down and the fact that you shouldn't really have to unplug things before switching it off. i'll hold off on rev5. maybe rev6 will work for me.

Posted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 12:16 am
"Go to the My Documents -> VirtualDJPluginsControlDevice folder and simply rename the dac3.dll file to dac3.old
If no, then redo the steps and rename the mapper back to dac3.dll

What are the results ?"

Cstoll,

I am also having this problem if you might remember from the other thread...

I tried what you posted above, and lost my codecs again so could not see any tracks. I also got the error when I closed VDJ (after renaming the dac3.dll file).

For those that lost their codecs and know how to edit your registry use this fix given to me by Cstoll:

"Paste this into the FileTypes registry entry (located at: current user -->software -->virtualdj -->Filetypes)

mp3,1,wav,2,cda,3,wma,4,asf,4,ogg,5,vdj,6,vds,6,mp4,8,m4a,8,aac,8,avi,11,mpg,11,mpeg,11,wmv,11,vob,11,divx,11,zip,15,

Posted Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 10:45 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Killabee44 wrote :
"Paste this into the FileTypes registry entry (located at: current user -->software -->virtualdj -->Filetypes)

mp3,1,wav,2,cda,3,wma,4,asf,4,ogg,5,vdj,6,vds,6,mp4,8,m4a,8,aac,8,avi,11,mpg,11,mpeg,11,wmv,11,
vob,11,divx,11,zip,15,

Is it possible to get the value (string) when it's corrupted. Maybe we will find something interesting.

Posted Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 11:04 pm
djcel,

What do you mean? When it gets corrupted that registry entry gets completely cleared out. Is that what you were asking about?

Posted Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 11:08 pm
OK
So can you tell me if other registry entries are affected by this phenomena. In fact we would like to know if it affects all the registry data [=> function saveregistryconfig() ] or only the FileTypes key.

Posted Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 11:12 pm
I honestly don't know about the other registry entries. You would have to tell me what they are supposed to contain and I can check them out. I only know about the one.

Posted Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 11:14 pm
For example, do you notice that other keyz with "ab" drawned on it are strange. I mean a wrong filename for example or another value which disappears?

Posted Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 11:18 pm
I didn't notice anything like that. I do think that this seems to be related to the dac-3 issue. After the crash, I reopened VDJ and could not see my tracks. I can pretty much reproduce this problem now. Always after the crash related to the dac3.

Posted Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 11:22 pm
I am not sure if the 2 events are related - The DAC-3 Warning msg and the Codecs disappearing.

I just borrowed a friend's DAC-3 so I will be playing with this tomorrow. See what I can discover.

Posted Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 2:48 am
Ok - so my testing so far around the DAC-3 issue --

1. It's only the release of the DAC-3 by VirtualDJ when closing VirtualDJ OR manually deactivating the controller in the Remote Control tab. I could not find any 'performance' issues while playing out and using the DAC-3. So no one should stop using the DAC-3 because of this issue - it only happens at deactivating of the controller (manually or at shutdown).

2. It's not related to the custom mapper as again it happened with and without the mapper enabled or even installed.

3. When deactivating it in the Remote Control tab. It should change the Dac3 registry value from 1 to 0. This is not happening. So the warning is stopping the processing before it gets to that piece of code.

4. I have yet to loose my codec entries in all this testing. As I said I don't think they are related, but then again it may be a phenomenon that I just haven't experienced yet.

Posted Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 3:08 pm
62%