Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hardware Acceleration problem - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Please help me with this videomixing problem:

Laptop Acer with XP (standard is Vista home but that ask too much memory and power)
Videodard: Nvidia Geforce 8400M G

When I try to mix video with hardware acceleration on, the video freezes.
Without hardware acceleration no freezes but then I can´t use videoeffects.

The problem with a lot of Nvidia cards is that when you enable hardware acceleration on the video tab, the video freezes(Depending on your Nvidia card).
The problem can be solved by downloading en installing "Rivatuner" .
On my pc I got the same problem and it was solved with the Rivatuner.
On my laptop with a 8400M G geforce card, it says that it can't find the database: Cannot find database for Forceware 156.10.

Don't know how I can fix this !!!

Found http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=566a5da32fbe5baec69ee6b3594be033&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=%2B8400m

Downloaded every XP driver, but non of them could be installed ( setup could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your hardware)

So, I still have the problem on my laptop and without hardware acceleration I can't use the video effects.

Who can make my day ???????????

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 9:39 am
Bump. C'mon ladies, let's help him out.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 9:58 pm
Thanks A Man and His Music !!!

It's the only problem I have, but I trying for a month now to solve this problem.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 10:20 pm
I use two nVidia cards, an AGP 6600 and a PCIx 7900 and don't have any issues. I would like to know why you are not able to install the drivers. I know you used some other thing called Rivatuner. I have a hard time believing that using an after market product would be the solution. I would start from the begining, and try everything first, before trying Rivatuner. Is this a new laptop, still under warranty? Maybe there is a reason you can't install the drivers, like a bum card. Hopefully, one of the smart guys will be here to help you. What are the other specs for this machine?

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 10:47 pm
this may not help, but vista fixed my video problem.
remember that the nvidia 8xxx series were designed for directx10 which is not available to xp.
i have a laptop with the 8600gt, which is more powerful than yours but i was having the same problems. first i installed xp, video kept freezing. so i made a small 10gb partition just for vista. i took out all the extra crap and services. no other software installed except for vista with updates, vdj and drivers. all other hardware is disabled in bios and/or device manager. i was able to use vdj with no problems. video never freezes in vista and the sound is pretty good too.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 10:50 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
just to check ,

go to my computer

then right click and press properties

go to the hardware tab

and click device manager

and look at ur graphics card right click and press

properties now look on the driver tab

look at the version info , just wonder if by some chance a weird ms driver has been downloaded

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 10:54 pm
Thanks for your answer.

It's a brand new laptop.
With vista home.
Problem is that playing videofiles wasn't possible without any problem(loading very slow and a processor working overtime when playing)
I made a stupid mistake, deleted the recovery partition that was 20 gb and installed xp.
Officially, they only have Vista on these laptops, but you can find xp drivers on the Acer site.
So I downloaded and installed the xp drivers.

WITHOUT HARDWARE ACCELERATION ON, THE VIDEOMIXING WORKS GREAT UNDER XP.
But without hardware acceleration I can't use the videoeffects and back to Vista is no option because it's too slow and when one deck is playing, it gets hickups when I load the other deck !!!

My laptop:

AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology1, supporting AMD PowerNow!™ technology and AMD HyperTransport™ technology, offer boundless dual-core performance.
The NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M G1,2 GPU with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM and up to 1 GB of TurboCache™ presents cutting-edge mobile graphics performance with full Microsoft® DirectX® 10 support for remarkable 3D gaming and video playback.

The integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 7000M with up to 896 MB of TurboCache™ delivers enhanced video and graphics performance for remarkable 3D gaming and video playback.

The 17" CrystalBrite™ widescreen delivers enhanced vibrancy, improved contrast and better color saturation.
One or two large Serial ATA HDDs give you unbelievable storage capacity for movies, music, images, games and other entertainment applications.
Acer QuicCharge™ technology1 reduces recharge time while extending battery life and longevity.
Acer Empowering Technology simplifies management of essential computer controls, adding efficiency and improved performance to your notebook and your

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 11:01 pm
skyfxl

It says:

NVIDIA

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400M G
Date: 26-6-2007
VERSION 6.14.11.5610

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 11:05 pm
D-Twizzle

That's also an option, to go back and find out why it didn't work properly with Vista installed?

Thanks.

Just wanna know wich services you had disabled.

Posted Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 11:09 pm
AND HE HEARD A VOICE FROM ABOVE THAT SAID

go back and find out why it didn't work properly with Vista installed?

and so it was said. For forty years, he wandered through the desert of nVidia drivers, and found the one Vista driver he needed. He raised it to the sky and weeped "Thank you D-Twizzle, for it is you that I believe". He yelled out "Let My Videos Play", for I am not afraid of the freeze.

AND HE HEARD A MAN & HIS MUSIC SAY,

"Get thee another gig of ram, because two is better than one".

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 12:16 am
A Man and His Music,

You have a good kind off humor.

But next SOLVE the problem please.

:--)

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 12:34 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Those Gforce video cards don't work well with virtual dj using XP,
Upgrade to Vista and get all the up to date video drivers, this should fix the problems.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 3:42 am
djanthony wrote :
A Man and His Music,

You have a good kind off humor.

But next SOLVE the problem please.

:--)

Read it again, slowly. I'm not just responding to make you laugh. The humor is wasted, if you don't see the message. I said earlier, that it might be a good idea to start over, at the beginning. D-twizzle also mentioned, that it might be a good idea to see why Vista did not work for you. Your machine was configured for Vista, but because it was slow, you went with XP. I believe you may have been a little hasty. I am far from being one of the smart ones on this forum. However, it has been my experience that you don't change the engine, because it's hard to start the car. I have seen people get satisfaction, by using a methodical approach, and not jumping from here to there. There may also be some remnants left over from Vista, some other conflicts, that we don't know about. I don't have the answers, but know we can eliminate a lot of questions, if we go back to the beginning. What do you have to lose, it's not working now? I am glad you got the humor, but I want you to get the message also. So, you feel like doing a clean install of Vista? Then again, maybe the smart guys have a better solution.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 6:12 am

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 6:32 am
Here's a few vista tips i have...
Use Vista Home Basic or Business Basic. Don't use Vista Ultimate. Ultimate's install is over 10GB and Home Basic is under 4GB. Ultimate installs extra media software and services that eat up hard drive space and ram. I just made a small 10GB partition to install Vista and nothing else. I also disabled hibernation, this will make sure Vista doesn't try to reserve 2-3GB of space for hibernation. My swap/pagefile is also on another small partition which is also shared by OS install.
Right Click Computer, Choose Properties, Advance Tab, Visual Effects Tab, Choose "Adjust for Best Peformance"

Press Start button, type in MSCONFIG
Choose Startup Tab, you can uncheck pretty much Everything. This will stop any programs from booting at startup. Only thing I didn't uncheck is my M-Audio Connectiv startup program because that installs the driver for my sound card.

Next go to the Services tab. Go through and uncheck the common sense services. If you're not sure, just keep it. uncheck defender, uncheck firewall, uncheck any networking service, uncheck any print service. Worst case if something doesn't work well, you can always turn the service back on.

Next go to your device manager, disable your network card, wireless card, modem, camera, etc. this may help if you're getting audio dropouts or pops and clicks.

Those are the tips I have off the top of my head. I'm running a Dell Vostro 1700 w/ the 8600GT. I use the M-Audio Connectiv box w/ TCV at 256ms.

I have a 2nd internal hard drive dedicated to just videos and audio. Works very good.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 7:48 am
D-wizzle
halo_djk
KregCZ
A Man and His Music

All of you: thanks.

Leaving now for holiday till sunday.
Monday I'm going to install Vista

Thanks.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 8:10 am
I just went over to my daughter house with her computer that has nvidia 6150 LE. I loaded MK2 drivers and the latest V5. At first load of a video. The song played with no video ( video froze ) In fact the music kept playing and and I could switch out the audio. I couldn't get the image off the screen. I shut v5 down to look up what was causing the freezing. Tried to load software back again and got a direct x pop up. I loaded the lates november directx 9c....

Loaded everything up again and everthing works as it should. I can run two videos together but the system stagers with picture slideshow at the same time of videos.

Bottom line is... Switch back to VISTA and start with basics of troubleshooting with the people who knows about video setup.

Now I don't see anywhere in your info where you downloaded the directx 10 that it supports ( full pack ). Your computer most likely didn't come with it installed.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:28 am
You're right fatkatzdj.
Never installed dirext x 10.
I'm back now from 4 days Disney Paris.
It's sunday evening, and right now I'm installing Vista home and will do everything you guys told me to do !!!

Thanks to all of you

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 8:18 pm
Installed Vista Home

Did all the tweaks in this post.

Videomixing now works almost good:

When one videoclip is playing and I load another one to other deck, the screen freezes for a second.
After that, it doesn´t freez again.
Also with hardware acceleration unmarked, the same problem.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 4:22 pm
In secondary monitor also freezes for a second?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 6:34 pm
67%