Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: "Invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml)" - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I am using PCDJVJ.It has been working fine and I have not added any new sofware, it just appeared,

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 3:43 am
Ok check a couple of things.

In your PCDJ folder under My Document go into the Skins folder.
For PCDJ to read the skin file, first of the zip file MUST be called PCDJVJ. Then if that correct, unzip the folder and check that both files within (one should be a .bmp image and the other the .xml code) are both called Skin.

Try this and see if it solves your problem.

Also make sure you only have ONE zip file called PCDJVJ - otherwise this will cause a conflict and crashing.

__
On a separate note, what is wrong with the PCDJ forum??

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 6:31 am
Hi again,have carried out the procedure you mentioned and there was two files,I have deleted one,opened the skin files and found one as follows,SKIN XML 66KB 90%
skin name,PCDJ version "5.0" width="1024" height="768">
PDF file. shows picture of pcdj screens on windows photo gallery.
I then closed down and restarted laptop but still have the same problem,could not find any answers in the forum. Thank you for yourhelp,is their anything else I can try?

Posted Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 6:30 am
I am having this error problem, but I use a Mac. Damn, am I the only professional DJ here that uses Mac? If anyone can help, please reply.

Thanks

Posted Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 6:39 pm
247Promo wrote :
I am having this error problem, but I use a Mac. Damn, am I the only professional DJ here that uses Mac? If anyone can help, please reply.

Thanks

Please don't double post my friend. I have replied on the over thread and am awaiting your response. ;)

Posted Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 6:41 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
247Promo wrote :

Thanks

Please don't double post my friend. I have replied on the over thread and am awaiting your response. ;)

Well "My Friend" I thought this was a totally different forum thread.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 6:51 pm
Haha - it is but double posting the same question wont make any difference in the response you get.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 6:54 pm
hi i have the same problem running on a sony vaio VGN-CR42 it worked fine on my old laptop running vista any help?????????

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 7:38 am
i meant 2 say running xp on my old laptop lol

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 7:39 am
contact me on my msn about my problem or if u wanna jus do tracks or anything >>> ***@**.**

[Moderation]: No License Users aren't allowed to post their email address on the forum.

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 7:42 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
What version of VirtualDJ are you using?

And what skin?

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 7:50 am
I got the same error. I played around with some of the other suggestions but noticed the only thing that changed on my end was that I was cleaning up some of my folders in my documents and moved the numark cue folder to another location. Cue program couldnt locate skins once I did that. Moved it back to its original location in my documents and cue opened right up! hope this helps!

Posted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 10:57 pm
asilvioHome userMember since 2009
Ok so ive got the same problem as a lot of you guys.

Ive downloaded the trial version of VDJ.

Once i open the program, it doesn't start up. Instead i get the error notification: Invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml).

Ive contacted the help and support and they really done nothing to help me!

They asked me what skin files i have in My Documents/Virtual DJ/Skins, but there is no virtual dj folder in my documents.

The only way i can access a virtual dj folder is in program fles in my C Drive. However even in this there is no skins folder.

I've tried everything from restarting computer. Uninstalling and re-installing (6 times infact!!!).

Can anyone possibly help, i'm out of ideas and patience aswell.

Thanks

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 6:54 am
Please reference the ticket you currently have open ... please remove the illegal version you are running and purchase a legal license. Side-stepping the issue of having an illegal version will not resolve your problem any faster.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 10:54 am
KIKS956Home userMember since 2009
i cant add ANY skins...or they ADD but DONT OPEN on the VDJ 3.4 that comes with Hercules MK2..CAN SOMEBODY HELP?

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 9:52 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi KIKS956,

You can only add skin that were made for the VDJ3.4 (Limited Edition User) or below. You can't use those which are made for higher than the version you have. Hope that help.

You can upgrade to the professional edition with a discount tho;)

Regards;)

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 12:48 pm
epemoluHome userMember since 2009
if you have not resolved it, I found a folder in the Virtual DJ folder in the 'Downloads' folder and i just copied this folder to my documents and then launched Virtual DJ again and it loaded successfully.

Hope this helps

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 11:29 am
hola sera que alguien me puede ayudar.
lo que pasa esque mi virtual dj v 6.0.2 da un error 24 y no se como solucionarlo sera que me colaboran con el problemita

Posted Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 4:54 pm
Getting the same error message when I try to run VDJ Pro on my other user account on my laptop. I'm running Vista with an NS7 also. Here's what happens: When I run VDJ on my personal user log in which hasn't been optimized for djing it loads fine. (Still having glitches when trying to use with the NS7 but thats for another post...) When I switch over to my other user account on my laptop that HAS been optimized for djing it gives me invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml). Does anyone know why this is happening? Its my first day using VDJ Pro with my NS7 and I'm hoping I didn't buy this product too soon....

Posted Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 4:23 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Make sure that the second user (the one that is optimized for djing) has the rights to read and write in the documents folder of the first user.

VirtualDJ Skins are stored in the documents folder of the current user at the time of installation.
If you still have a problem, please contact the support team: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posted Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 5:11 pm
47%