Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DirectX problem with latest Hercules Drivers - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It seems like the settings work now for ASIO. At least it does the way it was explained by the HercDevTeam earlier in this thread !
The faster playback (in ASIO mode) that was before caused by the 48kHz frequency in which HDJC operates is gone. The DJ Console mixer can now be set to convert to 44.1kHz.

Still the sound isn't that clear as it could be. Also i find bass frequencies are too much stressed.
My guess is that this is caused by the VDJ internal sound conversion or whatever you want to call it ...

Hope the Development Team can adress this problem soon. Slowly the DJ Console is getting somewhere!! ;)

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 10:54 am
joyrdrPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK I guess I should of read all of these threads about the problems with vdj and hdjc is having with direct x. I am not a happy man right now. I just bought the hdjc yesterday $$$$$$ plus I just bought the vdj pro tonight another $$$$$$$ out of my pocket, only to see the FATAL MSG "Direct X Problem blah blah blah" What is going on here. I've got the latest direct x driver 9.0c, vdj 2.06, latest hdjc software/driver/firmware. And still I get the error msg. I have done what was instructed from the HercDevTeam on the previous page about going into the config of vdj and in the sound card section select XXXXXX and chose output. Well I have done this but now I can't hear anything out of my headphones for cueing the next song and prepping it before I mix it. The only way I found to work was to go back into the config of vdj/soundcards/advanced config and for headphones' output I selected output 5 and 6, connected a headphone to the "REAR ANALOG OUTPUT CHANNEL 5-6" Now I know this is not right. Pls anyone help me here.....I really like vdj and hdjc but putting them together is like mixing oil and water together. They just don't mix.................

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 5:41 am
You still have this problem ?
If you really follow the instructions closely ASIO mode actually works now!
Maybe describe your settings a bit more detailed or write VDJ support a mail to get your stuff running ..

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 10:29 am
joyrdrPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Sharan-Or anyone that can help me...

I have my settings as this: I go into config/settings/soundcards in vdj then select the dj console, immediately an error message comes up " error in the sound driver".

HDJC is set up like this: It's on DJ mode/44100Hz/enable ASIO Mode/Midi Input is DJ Console Buttons/ Recording Output is MIC.

I am using a Laptop: P4 3.0 Ghz/512 MB L2 Cache/ 800MhzFSB / Windows XP / Direct X9.0c/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9200

Please Tell me if I have some setting wrong. Thank You

JOYRDR

Posted Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 12:43 am
Follow these steps closely:

- Put the DJ Console in non-Asio mode and then launch Virtual DJ.

- In the config options inside Virtual DJ, select the "sound cards" tab and find the "Advanced Config" option

- Click on the advanced config button and make sure that "none" is selected everywhere. Press OK twice to close the config panel

- Close Virtual DJ

- Switch the DJ Console in ASIO mode

- Open Virtual DJ, then open the Config cpl

- Press the "advanced config" button

- Select "Hercules DJ Console ASIO" for the left desk, right desc and headphones. Select the proper channels of your choice.

- Virtual DJ is working in ASIO mode with the DJ Console. Even if you close Virtual DJ and relaunch it, it will still work...

This is the way the Hercules Development Team described how to set up the Console with ASIO (taken from earlier in this thread). It works fine for me.

If you still have that error message plz describe at what part of the setup you notice it!

Greetz -Sharan-

Posted Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 10:13 am
PusTEKHome userMember since 2005
hi. Im using only DJ mode, and I must switch again of RE-Start win. Normal mode is on
I cant safe opton for DJ, because I need microphone ON. How to save DJ option in Audio Mode???

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 2:40 pm
Just installed the latest trial version of Virtual DJ used in combination with Hercules DJ Console and the latest drivers/firmware from Hercules. It looks okay and I seriously intend to buy a licence.

But, I discovered as many others the problems after enabling the ASIO option in the Hercules driver. I've read about a complex solution in this forum but couldn't solve it. Changing the advanced settings of the sound card in the config menu as mentioned in the forum doesn't work. Maybe this is only a problem with the trial version because an error message told me this is only possible in a pro-version.

Before I spend my dollars for a licence I would like to know if there is a good solution or a patch or so to solve this problem caused by the ASIO drivers.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 12:38 pm
YoyiHome userMember since 2005
(nt = no text)

Posted Sat 05 Mar 05 @ 6:42 pm
rommerHome userMember since 2005
HALLO I HAVE HEARD A LOT ABOUT HERCULES...SOME GOOD AND SOME VERY BAD.I AM READY TO BUY IT BUT IAM NOT SURE..DO U RECOMMEND IT FOR ME ??I WANT IT FOR HOME FOR PRACTISE..IS IT REALISTIC (WHEEL,PITDH,CUE...E.T.C.) LIKE PIONEER 100 FOR EXAMPLE???PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME,IS IT WORTH TO BUY IT??THE PROBLEMS (HEADPHONES,DIRECT....)???THANX A LOT......!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 2:26 pm
rommer:

1- Please don't shout here (disable your caps lock)

2- Post only in one topics for the same message.

Thanks

Posted Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 5:00 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Geting back to the original topic..

What is the latest on the ASIO problem?.., any sign of a fix/update?...

Thanks, bagpuss

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 3:14 pm
pluggins para atomix

Posted Fri 18 Mar 05 @ 5:43 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey,

I'm not sure if I was having the same problem as you guys, but my VDJ crashed on me, and when I came to restart it kept saying "Error with Direct X sound drivers", then the program loaded, but whenever i came to drag a song onto a deck, the song loaded but the disk didnt spin on screen, nor did any sound output. All I did was reboot my computer, and it seemed to do the trick. Hope that helps at all!

Posted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 5:29 pm
The error you describe shows when the configuration of ASIO is faulty. Either you have changed something in the config of VDJ or the 'green' DJ Console Mixer. I suppose by rebooting it set back to your original setting.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 8:59 am
DjModeHome userMember since 2005
Hello ,
I'm Andrea and i'm from Italy.
I have the same error with dj hecules and virtual dj .
I install all upgrade 1_HDJ_2005 that i have download from the official site, but when i install the virtual dj version that i have into cd's of hercules console, and i lunch that, it says error directx sound drivers.
What i can do? i have try all, if there is a now patch or upgrade, please say to me
thanks for all
Andrea

Posted Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 2:19 pm
Either read this thread completely or contact e-service !

Posted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 1:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is the hercules working in asio mode yet?, is it only when you activate the controller ASIO doesn't work, will the hercules work well when used strictly as a soundcard in ASIO mode?

Thanks, Bagpuss

Posted Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 4:31 pm
zero08Home userMember since 2003
hey shaddhiva, please tell me what exactly where the steps you got it to run.. I only got 'beyond logic' for the output, and when uninstalling the Hercules drivers and messing around with system restore I messed up my directx...(see thread in this forum)
Did you install the hercules drivers in the first place? Please give advice...

Posted Mon 02 May 05 @ 5:33 pm
Ok here's what I'm encountering. I just downloaded Virtual DJ 2.1 and I'm using it in conjunction with the Hercules DJ Console. I'm not sure whether this is a fault with the default advanced skin that I'm using or the interface, but when I use my effects buttons on the console(1,2 and 3) it triggers a loop of varying length(1 beat, 2 and 4). Anyone know what this is about and how to fix it?

Posted Sat 14 May 05 @ 8:51 am
aaandiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi!

I was able to configure the ASIO mode. BUT at 48khz the tracks run too fast and at 44.1khz the tracks don't run liquid (with many short interruptions).

Can anybody tell me what the problem is??? Thank you!

greets
Andy

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 10:24 am
80%