Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DirectX problem with latest Hercules Drivers - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hercules DevTeam will probably reply as soon as they see the other questions and comments here :)

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 4:19 pm
do U have to use ASIO with hercules? what is the advantage of ASIO besides LATENCY?

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 11:49 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you have ever used other mixing software that uses ASIO you would know ...
ASIO gives you crystal clear sound and an extraordinary low latency. For quality dj'ing both are a must in my opinion!

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 5:49 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is your hercules software (aka the alien head program) working properly?, is it responding properly?,

just curious to test a theory ;)

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 12:12 pm
With DirectX VDJ works perfectly (also the DJ console mixer or the 'alien head' as you call it), absolutely no complaints. Except that i would wish to use ASIO drivers instead! :)

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 11:29 pm
i can no longer open virtual dj get microsoft error to report virtualdj.exe

i use the hercules console and it still works on my laptop but will no longer work on my desktop.
have uninstalled virtual dj and re-installed with no improvement. please advise

gerry

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 3:26 am
I think this is a bit of a joke. It's not fair to sell a product claiming it has ASIO drivers when they don't work. I tried to set up VDJ in ASIO mode and I'm getting the same thing - the songs are playing back faster than they should be. That fact that the Hercules Team havent even appolgised for the fact that ASIO soesn't work properly makes it worse. I think maybe we'd be better off with a decent sound card with real ASIo drivers and using a midi controller for VDJ instead.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 10:34 pm
I can only totally agree with you on that! The fact that Hercules obviously reads this forum but doesnt consider it necessary to comment on the faulty ASIO drivers is surely not the proper way to treat customers !!
For using the console at home for 'fun-mixing' it is definitely sufficient with its DirectX drivers, but if you want to use it at parties, even if only semi-professionally, go for a high-quality soundcard that can use ASIO drivers properly !

Posted Thu 25 Nov 04 @ 3:38 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There's an interesting explanation on the Hercules support web site (if you log in and register) about why the HDJC only supports 48khz ASIO rather than 44.1khz as well. It is apparently to do with the audio rate over USB being close to 48khz or something, and that 44.1khz would introduce unacceptable latency whereas the WDM is ok.

Not sure if it is ok to reproduce their text here in full so maybe they will.

Got to be honest, I haven't noticed a *major* difference between using the DJ console in VDJ without ASIO versus using my other soundcard with ASIO at 44.1khz. Certainly no big difference in scratching latency anyway.

Posted Thu 25 Nov 04 @ 5:46 pm
Haha!!! This is so pathetic !! I can hardly believe it myself ...

I installed latest VDJ v2.06 which claims to support Hercules Dj Console and 'works' with ASIO drivers. First welcome message i get after setting the DJ Console mixer to ASIO/DJ mode and starting VDJ is: 'Error in the sound driver of DirectX'.

Maybe its futile to mention that after loading a track it doesnt play at all or there is no sound respectively...

Wonder if you guys from VDJ test your stuff before you give it out at all ??

Great work !!

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 11:19 pm
update:

when choosing the 'advanced config' (as explained above by the so called 'HercDevTeam') with an external mixer and the Console it works (not) as it already did with v2.04.
Records are played much too fast. So ASIO is not possible to use once again.

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 9:01 am
I think i have an anser off the Asio Problems with Hercules Dj-console.

Use ASIO4ALL, free download under www.asio4all.com. Install and enjoy this little fine Programm.

First: Unistall latest hercules Driver Version and firmware update. Next: Install Version 31, Firmware Version 34.

Install ASIO4All.

Settings DJ Console Mixer: Standard

Settings ASIO4All Control Panel: mark: use hardware Buffer, mark: buffer offset: = 8ms, mark: allways resample .... mark: force wdm drivers ... mark: ASIO Buffer size = 192 samples

Settings VDJ 2.05: advanced config: Sondcard Hercules DJ-Console, Left Desk: front left - front right, Right Deck: the same, Haedphone: Center - Bass, All Samples Front left - Front right, Preview: Center- Bass

Thats all !

Start Asio4All Control Panel: Enable DJ Console, Start VDJ, after VDJ Sart control whether asio 4 all further enabled, if not enable it, run VDJ and enjoy the great sound,

friendly greetings from Schweich to the Mosel

have fun

Posted Mon 06 Dec 04 @ 1:26 pm
Hi , i tried what you suggested.

Uninstalled the latest Hercules Console Drivers and installed HDJC031G.exe which should be (?) firmware v34. I also installed ASIO4ALL, using your suggested settings.

The DJ Console Mixer i can set to 'Standard' or 'Advanced', both seems to work. Surprisingly also the ASIO setting appears to be working, though the Hercules DJ Console ASIO cant be selected. In the Advanced Config its then displayed as 'not available'.

In the Advanced Config of VDJ i chose 'Hercules DJ Console' and assigned left and right desk to front left / front right each. The rest of your settings dont apply for me because i'm using an external mixer.

In the ASIO4ALL Control Panel the HDJC is displayed in green colour, probably indicating that everything going fine there (Out:6x48kHz,16bits - In:2x48kHz,16bits) ?

Does this mean now that ASIO is working ? Why the downgrade to an older firmware ?

Cheers -Sharan-

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 4:10 am
Asio4all does running now with the latest Hercules update also.

my favorite settings in Asio4all Controlpanel:

Latency compensation: In 16 samples, out 16 samples

mark: Use hardware buffers, buffers Offset 8 ms,

mark: always resample 44,1 to 48 Khz

mark: Force WDM Drivers to 16 Bit

mark: Asio buffer Size = 128 Samples

VDJ Settings: see my last post

Asio4all and VDJ 2.05 works great with this settings. Glasclear Sounds, stably running

enjoy it

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 7:25 am
Addition: with this attitudes Asio4all has a latency time of 5ms.

Settings in DJ CONSOLE mixer: Audio mode = normally Asio4all works automatically in the background

VDJ advanced sound config: select sound Card Hercules DJ CONSOLE and route the decks or Monitor if you the want

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 7:45 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I could only get it to work by setting VDJ advanced config to ASIO4ALL (on each channel). If I set it to Hercules DJ Console, it still uses the WDM drivers (crackles badly when you wind a deck backwards).

Also, I had to disable "use hardware buffer" otherwise I get an awful repeating click sound when the deck plays (I can even hear it for a second or so when I pause the deck)

In summary, for me:

* If I set VDJ to use Hercules DJ Console, I get quite a few pops and awful crackling when winding a deck backwards
* If I set it to use ASIO4ALL I get better sound, but still the odd pop/click, and occasional pauses - must be because I can't enable the hardware buffer
* If I set it to use Hercules Dj Console ASIO I get playback at 48khz and still too many pops for my liking

BTW, if I set the Hercules control panel to "normal" mode, I can't use proper headphone monitoring or microphone talkover attenuation in VDJ.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 6:08 am
Asio4all does properly working in the suggested configuration on my Nootebook P4 2800 MHz, 1 Gb RAM.

On my Desktop-Computer AMD 2400, 1Gb RAM goes nothing. Why? I do not know it! You must experiment.

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 6:59 am
Your settings work fine for me ! :) (AMD 2600+, 1GB RAM)

I wonder how you see the latency of the HDJC ?

Posted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 4:56 pm
vinz2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
same question !!!

i can find the difference between asio mode and NO asio maybe it's because i use a headphone

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 4:57 pm
vinz2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
new drivers out !

Changes:
- ASIO drivers : Some VST plugins issues have been fixed.
- 44.1 KHz hardware support.

is the second line our solution for asio in VDJ ????

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 2:32 am
53%