Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DirectX problem with latest Hercules Drivers - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I think asio is not available in the demo...
In full version it works smoothly good for me, but i rather use directx.

Is your sound normal in directx mode ? (without short brakes), maybe you need to increase the buffer size for asio.

What version are you using ?

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 2:19 pm
aaandiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm not using VDJ, the requirements are too high for my computer. I hope you don't hate me for that!? :) But there ain't another good forum for the DJ Console.
I spent a lot of money and I'm very angry about the bad ASIO support.
However, finally I think I have to contact the Hercules team.

Thanks,
Andy

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 3:31 pm
Hmm not sure, but 44.1 works fine for me, hercules has no direct options for setting up buffer size but for example in virtualdj when I go into timecoded vinyl options I have ADVANCED SETTING for asio, there I can set up buffer size, bit resolution 24/16... so maybe have a look in your application settings .

The bigger the buffer, the greater the latency but it should solve the skipping problems, try what's best for you.

And don't forget to upgrade to latest drivers from the hercules web (i think you already done that).

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 3:59 pm
I think I've got another version (1.9 or something) of VDJ than you guys. Because I can't change the options of the soundcard in VDJ and I have the direct X problem too. I reinstalled the old driver, but now I can't even set the settings (alien head) on ASIO. Because everytime it just turns back on Advanced. Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm kind of new in the whole dj thing. It al began when my headphones didn't work anymore. I only heard the master sound. So I downloaded the new drivers and then I had the Direct X problem. It seems like I've only got problems. I also don't really understand the solution of the dirext X you guys gave. I don't really know much about audio and my english is not that good too. Maybe it's that why I don't understand you. But maybe could somebody explain me a bit easier how too solve this problem, please?

Thank you very much and have a nice day,

Dave

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 3:06 pm
dave did you also upgrade the firmware ? it is necessary for the new drivers to work correctly

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 9:36 pm
sarlacPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hi, ive been watching all the posts relating to directx error. i emailed hercules as it seems there wasn't a definitive answer. here's what they said along with my question:
this is just for info only.

Dear Customer,

The Virtual DJ software is not meant to be used with ASIO drivers. Just
make sure you are in DJ Mode and you shouln't be e^xperiencing any
issue.

Regards,

The Hercules Support Team
http://us.hercules.com
514-279-9911
--------------------------------------

=========================================
Problem Description
=========================================
Product Name: DJ Console

Problem:
hi, i have the latest firmware and drivers from your site. the latest
virtual dj 3 with updates. when i select asio mode under the dj console
control panel and launch virtual dj i get \'directx sound driver
error\'. i hve the latest directx 9c but it still happens. i have reinstalled
etc but problem still occurs.
is there problems with the asio drivers?

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 8:26 am
I purchased my Hercules console a week ago and have had nothing but problems. I installed the drivers as per the instructions then continued to install the manual and finally the Virtual DJ Console Edition software. I plug in my speakers (5.1) and only get sound as though I have a 4 channel system. I checked the settings via the little alien head thing, then tried the Dj setting and when I try to crossover to either deck I still hear the other deck playing through the speakers as if the headphone monitor was playing through the speakers instead of the headphones. I have checked the settings in Windows to make sure that the DJ console was the selected sound card and that my speaker set up was correct ( they are ). I then proceeded to go to the Hercules website to locate updated drivers,
I downloaded and installed the latest drivers and frameware as per the instructions. I had full sound through all speakers but I still had the crossover problem ( hearing the opposite deck playing while the crossover was pushed to the other side). With a little fine tuning of the volume controls I was able to deal with it. I went to try the whole set up today but when I loaded it up I got a Direct X problem and now the unit doesn't work at all! I just want the darn thing to work, I'm not a professional DJ, I don't want to be a pro DJ, I just want to play my music properly. I've spent what I consider to be a lot of money and time on a unit that simply refuses to work properly. I'm extremely discouraged and frustrated with this whole situation, I'm not a computer wizard and the " Plug and Play " feature really appealed to me, however this is turning out to be everything BUT "Plug and Play". Before you tell me that the software bundle is a "special edition " and it has "limitations" I will tell you that I was aware of that before I purchased it but I never in a million years would have expected this many issues.

I desperately want to get this piece of equipment up and running. I can't express to you how disappointed I am, but at this point it will cost me more to send it back to my supplier than it would to keep it as a doorstop.

Please help me get this thing working as the box promised.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 1:39 am
looks like you installed it properly...

You do have the latest version of DirectX?
Do you have a Soundblaster card installed in the system as well?

I had alot of issues with the SB Live installed, once I removed it my HDJC is now functioning properly.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 8:27 pm
same problem here

as soon as i touch one of the console buttons it starts to become a cristmass tree

it even crashed totaly and reset my computer 2 times

im scared to try more and destroy my console (again)

so please fix this shit quik

Posted Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 1:28 am
hi from greece.

what about using djconsole in ASIO using PROFESSIONAL AUDIO and midi mixing sequencers (like logic audio sonar etc) plus VST PLUGINS?

i use vdj at big partys every week and i really dont care about use it in asio (i dont hear diferrences) .

but one of the reasons that made me buy this product is to use it for composing playing and mixing music in my laptop when i am far from my home recording studio . i want to use it as a notebook for my music ideas. so i just need low latency and combatability with the related softwares.

I TESTED dj console using asio and emagic logic audio, some vst synths and i see that:

- asio gives satisfied low latency
- unfortunatelly the output level is too low (actually i dont mind about that , i explained why)
- and after some minutes of simple operations my pc CRASHED and restarted wondows. i called a friend of mine who bought this card the same day with me and did the same tests as me the same time , and he reported exactly the same problems and same conflicts)

PLEASE let me know : should i try to make it work as i describe above or should i quit?
tell me your experiences pls , did u tried it with professional audio software?
thanx!

Posted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 4:26 pm
Hi thumper7458,

DJing on DJ Console is not made on 5.1 channel, it is made in 2 stereo channel (1 stereo for the mix, 1 stereo for the monitoring), so connecting 5.1 outputs of your DJ Console on the 5.1 inputs of your speaker set doesn't work in DJing, it is logical you hear only 4 channels.
You should connect the stereo input (not the 5.1 input) of your 5.1 speaker kit on the output 1/2 of your DJ Console, and things will rock.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 12:41 pm
evibeHome userMember since 2005
hey guys out there i have hercules dj console mark two. i had the original one but like some one else i was hearing music on the other channel when the cross fader was on the other side. so i returned it to the store and waited for another shipment to come and get a new one. also my line in seemed to to be non functional. anyway, the mark 2 came out and mark 1 was discontinued. the first mark two was malfuctioning also. i returned it and got another mark 2 every thing is good now. i think some of their units are faulty and also thedrivers are a bit shaky, which is why the have new ones coming out . this i heard when i called the company on the phone many times...............slowly but surely..

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 3:20 am
Hi Evibe,

The problem you met with DJ Console 1 (still hearing one deck while the crossfader was fully on the other side) was not a hardware problem, it only requested an update of VirtualDJ, downloadable for free on this website, so at that time you changed the original DJ Console for nothing,
I don't know if your reason for changing DJ Console Mark 2 was more hardware based, but reading websites and forums can be a good idea before going in stores and asking for products exchange.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 4:28 pm
I have a problem playing video because the software send me a error that i need the last version of directx but i have i ready installed, really i don't know what whappen because it was working prery well but before reinstalled my windows again nothing about the software it is the same and really i don't understand why.

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 4:05 am
Hi guys new to forum but I wanted to suggest my fix to getting ASIO drivers to work with the DJConsole:

Here's what I had to do to fix that Direct X error on Win xp, DJconsole, and a MAYA 1010 soundcard:
1. With virtual dj closed, open up the control panel (alien icon)
2. Set to DJ mode, and check "ASIO" box
3. Went into Control Panel, Sounds, and I set the recording/playback to my MAYA1010 input channel and NOT the DJConsole! When the console is plugged in it is set by windows to the default device and I think that causes the conflict, it sure did on my system.

But alas, here's something I can't figure out:
I use the optical output from the DJ console and connect it to my MAYA 1010 optical input. I can then perform with VDJ over my studio monitors and it's sweet. However, do I now have both live and monitor going to the optical output? I can't get any headphone monitoring out of the console (and tried every output) and when I connect my headphones to my MAYA1010 headphone outputs I only get the live sound arggggg!? I haven't tried a microphone since it is out on loan, to see if the console will accept that input and route it. Any clues on this one? Where's that much needed monitor ch is going!? :P

thanks,
-shantec

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)