Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: hey scratch djs & turntablists, be afraid, be very afraid.... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
don't know if you've seen this before but check these two out, they're coming for your job and they don't care who you are...

Tayla

Posted Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 8:24 pm
calverHome userMember since 2007

Posted Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 8:38 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Wow, at a tender age with something like that...that could be the sign:))

Posted Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 9:06 pm
The sign for what?

For me it is to go back to school for another degree and choose one of the two to find work from!

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 7:32 am
Insane......... unbelievable kids....
Im still in shock

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 8:35 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ohhh....
Back in my grade-school days...
all the kids could scratch like that,
it's you youngins with your new fangled CDa-magigs that killed off our vinyl education.
I remember walking 10 miles up hill (both ways) just to go to school,
so my music teacher would show us how to scratch,
the choir class would teach us how to rap and
the gym teacher taught us how to brake-dance.
The 80s were cool.

Those Asian kids are so far behind it's sad,
We should all get together and send them some of our old records.
Maybe they will teach us to drift.

lol...
That can't be real, if it is; my kid is getting a beatin! if in-fact he is realy my kid....
I need to go have a chat with my wife...

I'll talk with you guys later.

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 12:09 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Very nice, this kids rock!

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 12:14 pm
KregCZ wrote :

lol...
That can't be real, if it is; my kid is getting a beatin! if in-fact he is realy my kid....
I need to go have a chat with my wife...

I'll talk with you guys later.

Check the mailman. Be careful, they can go postal. I would just shoot him through the door.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 9:20 am

Figured it would be easier to just link it here.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 10:34 am
Whoa! The one on the left scratches better than me. I mean...check out her finger patterns.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 10:35 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Whoa! The one on the left scratches better than me. I mean...check out her finger patterns.

Yeah, the 9 year old girl on (our) left, "DJ Sara" is incredible ... both her and her 5 year old sibling Ryusei are, actually (I read their info on YouTube).

The finger patterns you're referring to C5, are her "twiddle" and "crab" scratches.

Crab scratching is when you use your thumb to "close" the fader (aka resistance or "spring") and your 4 opposing fingers to rapidly "open" the fader, thus creating a motion with your hand which looks like a crab running sideways. A twiddle is the same as a crab scratch except you use your thumb, again to "close" the crossfader, and only 2 fingers (index and middle) to rapidly "open" the fader.

Nonetheless, these 2 kids are AMAZING! =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 12:21 pm
goapmrHome userMember since 2004

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 12:52 pm
Jazzy Jeff's 2 sons are both apparently just as good as he is and their ages are 10 and 13. Now as far as seeing them I have not, Although this is what he was telling me and the other resident DJs over at the club I spin at when he came down. Now for those in shock....just try to picture them in 10-15 years from now, where they will be ;) scary thoughts no?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 2:59 pm
These kids are really something 4sure! ALL of them! WOW!

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 7:31 pm
I read that their going to be touring the Chicago area on an exchange program and work the club circuit. They want to challenge the midwest DJ style. You guys better practice and come up with a new flava!!!

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 9:17 pm
Sh!t bring it on ya little brats.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 10:07 pm
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Sh!t bring it on ya little brats.

You heard him folks...

SARA! ATTACK!!!

RYUSEI! ATTACK!!!

=D

Posted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 9:27 am
Coming to Chi-town eh? I would love to check them out. DJ Sara is going to be a force to reckoned with in a few years. Still rough around the edges, but she scratches waaaaaaaay better than me. (Still trying to get the crab down.) Check out the other videos of her on Youtube. Welcome to the new DJ culture!

Posted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:31 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
glad i'm keeping you guys on your toes...hehe

Tayla

Posted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:39 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I might battle the little one after a few drinks but only after a few. What the video does not say is if they are let out of the house and go to school or they are locked in a room with only a dj setup and vinyls. :)

Posted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 7:51 pm
77%