Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Vista sound poping and distortion fix for better sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Vista has audio enhancements thats the play back sound distorted and makes the music pop. To fix this read below

Go to control panel -> Sound -> Properties and disable all enhancemants as explained above.
Also uncheck the two boxes in the advanced tab that say "Allow application to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority"
Finally and I think most importantly, set the default format option to CD quality 44100 Hz mode.
Reboot and see. It worked for me, hope it does for you too.

Caliente is Great....... Caliente is the best......

Posted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 9:22 am

Good working tips ;)

Posted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 6:17 pm
what

Posted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 7:57 pm
You don't know how much good you did me just telling me that. I had thought there was something wrong with my microphone input because it would record a garbled mess and it wasn't like that when i had first gotten it. I thought at first it was something to do with updates because i'd read that vista updates could negatively effect your audio but after i reinstalled and it still did the same thing after a fresh install i knew that wasn't it. it downloaded updates against my wishes since then and then after changing the settings you said here it started working like new again. I am so glad. i had thought i was going to have to get and external usb sound card and my extigy i know already didn't work so i figure it wouldv'e been money down the drain. thanks

Posted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 8:31 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
thanks, will have a look at that... "Caliente is Great....... Caliente is the best......" you shouldn't keep putting yourself down as much mate,lol.

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 4:36 am
Still having problems any other suggestions

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 7:36 am
Surely you don't want to do that, having dedicated control of a device is a good thing! Those settings would only affect WDM mode anyway not ASIO. I think WDM always resamples to 48 khz too, although maybe this was only in XP.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 12:18 pm
Didn't seem to help for me... But turning the wireless off did wonders

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 4:55 pm
i want to do dance in indian songs but i cant adjst the song with virtural dj can u help me

Posted Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 1:23 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
chirag 3 wrote :
i want to do dance in indian songs but i cant adjst the song with virtural dj can u help me

Pls do not hijack unrelated post. Do create a new post abt your issue. Morever you can make use of the asia forum. Thanks;)

Posted Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 6:05 am
httppsHome userMember since 2007
it is true, with vista turning off the wireless card fixed the skipping in vdj

Posted Sat 04 Apr 09 @ 11:42 am
Laptops have USB drop out and thats why you have to disable stuff so it can run to max. Tweaking is good. When i bought my laptop, i wasn't looking for something with a web cam or blue tooth or light scribe... You buy something with a good processor and it has to be able to take a good amount of ram. 2 gigs or higher for audio dj ying is good. The more things you have running on your laptop, less performance

Things to do

Turn off wirless
Disable your virus protection (Some virus protection consume alot resources)
Use 4 foot usb cable isntead of 6
Tweak your laptop
Delete programs you dont need or use
Make sure your laptop has good ventilation
Get a laptop with higher specs than minimum of the recomended for VDJ to run good.
If you want to change your internal hd from your laptop, Don't get a 7200 rpm if your computer uses 5400 rpm. Only buy if its compatable. You " will " get a lot of usb drop outs if its not compatable.

Posted Sat 04 Apr 09 @ 1:11 pm
Hi there,

just wanna tell you how much I agree with all of you. If you want to avoid bad sound and performance issues, disable the wireless network and virus protection software (Vista Defender). It's always a good idea to manually update Vista, otherwise you might end up rebooting during a gig.

I had performance and video issues after djing for about ten hours. I got myself a laptop cooling pad and the problems are gone. So good ventilation is also very essential.

GreetinX Marc

Posted Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 5:13 am
An ac powered cooling pad not a usb bus powered cooling pad, i hope?

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 6:00 pm
AN AC powered is better than using the laptops USB port. Less usb ports being consumed the better. When im DJ ying. I only have the Audio interface and my external HD. No more than that...

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 8:48 pm
Hi, I use a USB powered cooling pad. Hasn't caused any problems yet. If you wanna be on the safe side, you can get yourself a powered USB port replicator (I guess that's waht it is called). I actually use two cooling pads, one for the laptop and one for my dlp. Works wonders.
Marc

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 3:48 am
Just started using a laptop. I use an external mixer. How do I split the sound output from my deck A and B through my RCA'S, plugging one rca into channel one and channel two on my board?

Posted Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 11:10 am
Have a problem configuring my DXM01 USB with vista as my PC is not recognising it.
It worked perfect on XP. Has anyone any solutions to this and can help me with the configuration.
Thanks in anticpation

Posted Sat 23 May 09 @ 5:00 pm
i have an inferiority complex too ...... but it's not a very good one

Caliente .....you stole my schtick .... but it's ok

turn off wireless and blue tooth......that kills two things that are constantly firing off in the background...

another one is the power options .....set power scheme to always on ....then all the options to never

one more good bit .... this is very generic .....just plain defrag ! run the defragger at least say , once a week

about the cooling pad i couldn't agree more ...get a powered one, and if it has usb ports , that's usually handy if you are on a laptop

i don't like to disagree with Caliente , but I am running a 5400 and a 7200 rpm ext drive on an old XP desktop and it isn't causing

any problems using the 7200 .......

also concerning the usb ports .....if you don't use them you are automatically using less system resources .....

however , you should not be unwilling to use them , i think , why?? because the most important thing is to have an overall

good functioning system .....this means no viruses , hacking tools , root kits etc , clean registyr , defrag , up to date direct x and even BIOS

low number of background processes running (probably less than 40 would be good , less is possible) no irq conflicts and up to date drivers

also set the secondary ide channel on ultra dma will allow for some serious multi tasking ....

lemme correct myself .... i think he was talking about switching out a new C: drive .....yeah stick with 5400 unless you know for a fact otherwise .....however external drives can be 7200 .....

Posted Sun 24 May 09 @ 12:55 pm
to john jagger

we do wanna help ya , and i suspect you are having a driver problem that might be unique to vista ....

you are at a vista post for another topic , so please make your own thread about your problem and we will help

you may need to download drivers from the DXM makers website for your flavor of Vista ..... hope that helps and you should really

start your own topic .... and to clpro...you need a soundcard and start your own topic also

Posted Sun 24 May 09 @ 1:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)