Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Any good 1400X900 skins out there?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I really like the mixlab skin by dj format, but I am not successful in trying to resize the skin to fit my laptop screen. When in vdj, it loads the stock skin(s) and stretches them accross the wide screen, and looks like ass! Then when I download a wide screen skin, and try to stretch that skin, it won't go, and it looks like a regular windowed program on my OS.

I can't resize to anything higher or lower (Wierd, I know) but still, i'd like to have a skin that fits the 1400x900 ratio, so it looks more professional when i'm at gigs, and for my eyes, cause this stretched shyt is just annoying.

Thanx in advance!

Posted Mon 21 May 07 @ 10:37 pm
dj schmidty wrote :
I really like the mixlab skin by dj format, but I am not successful in trying to resize the skin to fit my laptop screen. When in vdj, it loads the stock skin(s) and stretches them accross the wide screen, and looks like ass! Then when I download a wide screen skin, and try to stretch that skin, it won't go, and it looks like a regular windowed program on my OS.

I can't resize to anything higher or lower (Wierd, I know) but still, i'd like to have a skin that fits the 1400x900 ratio, so it looks more professional when i'm at gigs, and for my eyes, cause this stretched shyt is just annoying.

Thanx in advance!

I wish you luck schmidty,this is something several of us have been begging for,I don't think this company cares.The standard answer is "try the resizer"I didn't think after spending the money for this software that I should have to teach myself computer programming for xml and bmp files.This sucks..........P@40

Posted Tue 22 May 07 @ 12:42 am
Pirate at 40 wrote :
I don't think this company cares.

I Think thats a bit harsh! All the skins here are made by the users. VDJ comes with stock skins, and i guess we should be thankful they went to the extra effort of making it so skinnable. As a pose to many other programmes, both DJ and otherwise, that come in a standard 1024x768 or similar skin that if you don't like it tuff!

I had the same problem in requiring 1400x900 and found a skin in the wrong size, yet that I liked the look of, and modified it to 1400x900, including the bigger video preview windows that I wanted, and other minor changes I wanted. Unfortunatly I can't post it as it's not "My" work, as it's DJ Formats Mix Lab 1.2 skin.

Perhaps if people were nice enough I'd take the required steps to get an OK from the "Real" makers of the skin to release the skin here. I guess I'm also trying to avoid the inrush of "I love The skin BUT"..... "Can you change it to this size" or "Please make such n such just a little bigger".

I Admire both Mykle and Format for spending so many hours making the awesome skins they do, but if they or VDJ had to cater to EVERY screen size avaliable, they would end up spending months just creating one of every skin!

Posted Wed 23 May 07 @ 1:32 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Skin resizer will only work correctly if you keep the aspect ration the same, IE. 800x600 can go to 1024x768 because they are both at a 1.3333 to 1 ratio
1400x900 is a 1.5556 to 1 ratio therefore it will be difficult to take a skin with a diffrent ratio (difficult but not impossible) and convert to 1400

Posted Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:25 pm
phillydj wrote :
Skin resizer will only work correctly if you keep the aspect ration the same, IE. 800x600 can go to 1024x768 because they are both at a 1.3333 to 1 ratio
1400x900 is a 1.5556 to 1 ratio therefore it will be difficult to take a skin with a diffrent ratio (difficult but not impossible) and convert to 1400

Thanks Philly,is there a size that would stretch correctly? P@40

Posted Fri 25 May 07 @ 11:43 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
stretch and resize are 2 different things.

Posted Sat 26 May 07 @ 2:44 am
OK Listen 2 are there any skins that will resize correctly to 1400x900?

Posted Sat 26 May 07 @ 9:51 pm
Nope, there aren't any skins that will resize perfectly, I would get some out the way but I'm still waiting on my widescreen lcd to get here

Posted Sun 27 May 07 @ 8:40 pm
Thanks Philly,at least now I can stop beating my head on the keyboard,LOL. P@40

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 4:50 pm
Just try taking a 1280 x 800 and resizing it to 1400 x 875, thats about the same ratio, just make sure you edit the xml to match

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 5:35 pm
There was one that I didn't like, but it was 1440x900. Made all the diffference in the world seeing the WHOLE screen as a sized up program the way it should look, and using the stock skins 'Stretched" accross the scren in full screen mode.

Posted Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 5:20 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Wed 20 Jun 07 @ 2:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)