Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New Skin Res Please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can the guys at VDJ include the default skins in a 1440x900 res.

Please don't suggest the skin resizer, as i've tried it a few times with no luck.

There now seems to be a lot of requests for this skin size, so can we have the default skins this size too please?

Gary
www.djgarybrown.co.uk

Posted Tue 24 Apr 07 @ 4:39 pm
PLEEEEZ!!

Posted Wed 25 Apr 07 @ 11:29 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the skin resizer works fine for the most part but you have to make sure the logo stays the same size as before, most times it shrinks and causes an error, beyond that the browser icon and any knobs need to be fixed, but overall the conversion saves a lot of time.

I'll convert the skin for you but i have no way of really checking out that big of a size since my max is 1280.

Posted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 7:42 pm
I've already tried the tool, it works reasonably ok as far as it looks, but all the buttons were wrong and it was out of line.

Thanks for offering to do it for us, but point was after paying for the software, we shouldn't have to resize our own skins!! Lots of new laptops have a 1440x900 resolution. Its not that we have chosen anything unusual.

Gary

Posted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 8:06 pm
no problem.... but 1440 is not exactly a standard size ;)

Posted Thu 26 Apr 07 @ 9:53 pm
listen2 wrote :
no problem.... but 1440 is not exactly a standard size ;)

Standard resolution for 15 inch apple macbook pro http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/graphics.html

Also the standard size on my 17" Dell,both are common laptops.Virtual DJ is selling an apple version of it's software but doesn't offer it in a size that will fit on a apple laptop? WTF?

P@40

Posted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 4:20 am

Posted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 2:21 pm
Every new HP Pavillion laptop has a 1440x900 res as standard. I read they overtook Dell as the largest manufactuer in the world, so yes, it is a standard size for HP and their customers ;)

Gary

Posted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 2:24 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
Every 17" might but i'd agree and think that 15" sell more then 17"'s do, but wtf do I know i used to use Mixvibes on a 12" :)

Posted Fri 27 Apr 07 @ 2:52 pm
listen2 wrote :
Pirate at 40 wrote :

Standard resolution for 15 inch apple macbook pro http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/graphics.html

P@40

That was my point... :)
most laptop users are in the 15" range

I agree and if you look at the link I posted you will see the resolution of a 15" apple macbook pro is 1440x900.
So once again I ask "why produce an apple version of VDJ when it won't fit correctly on a Apple ?"

Posted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 5:49 am
bobbiePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'd love to have a skin in this resolution too for my Sony vaio.

Anyone who make a skin in this resolution will get a lot of user because AFAIK there's no skin in this resolution. And resizing need fixing some stuff.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 11:25 am
Ok, that makes me the Oddball with a 15" screen, at 1400x1024. Well thats the size of my skin, that allows me to keep the taskbar up on the bottom of the screen.

Its a Dell 5150, for those that are curious.

Posted Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 6:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)