Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Stutter

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A killer-invention from Numark. Can it be added as a alternative function for the PLAY-button? As a General Setting of your choice I mean...
Play (Normal) or..
Play (Stutter)

I have noticed that you can achive the function (kinda) by hitting the play button for a song, then hitting one of the GOTO CUE POSITIONS you have for a song.. So everytime you press that button it goes back to CUE and plays instantlĂ˝.
On the NUMARK CDN 88 it is always on everytime you press PLAY, and by that you can achive a really nice effect.
I hope it can be for Virtual DJ aswell.

Posted Sat 04 Sep 04 @ 4:01 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
are you talking about the function that is created by using the right mouse button on the play button?

Posted Sat 04 Sep 04 @ 5:11 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i think what he is meaning is that if you have multiple cues setup and the song is playing it will automatically goto the next cue and continue

Posted Sat 04 Sep 04 @ 5:56 pm
the right-mouse function I did not know about, thanx. but it plays only as long as you press the button, right.
What I would like, as an optional function is when you press the play-button, during the playback of a track, I want it to go to the first CUE-point and play it instantly. You get me?

Posted Sat 04 Sep 04 @ 6:34 pm
It is called a BOP feature. ADJ had this on their flop software which I purchased. ADJ Mix 1. But the Bop featuer was cool.

Posted Sat 04 Sep 04 @ 6:38 pm
antileon: you can make a keyboard shortcut for that :)

Here's how:

Say you choose to assign the letter 'Z' to this command.
1. Go in the VirtualDJ Configuration, and choose the "Keyboard shortcuts" panel. Then, click 'Add'.
2. Choose "cues" in the first list, and "goto_cue" in the second list. Then, press 'Z' on your keyboard, and set "Value=" to 1. Click OK.
3. Click 'Add' again. Choose "desk controls" in the first list, and "play" in the second list. Press 'X' on your keyboard, and click OK.
4. Click OK in the VirtualDJ settings to get back to VirtualDJ. Now, when you press 'Z' (the song can be playing or not), it will automatically go to the first cue in the song, and it will play. Of course this occurs on the selected deck.

You can also do the same with another key, but for one key choose "deck 1", and for the other one you can choose "deck 2". This way, you won't have to worry wether it's the active desk or not :)

Hope this helps,

macourteau

Posted Sat 04 Sep 04 @ 6:44 pm
thanks! :)

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 6:15 pm
I just re-read myself... in step 3, it should be 'Z' and not 'X'...

You can fix the shortcut by selecting it in the list and clicking "Change...", and then press 'Z' on your keyboard. Click OK.

This way, pressing 'Z' will go to the first cue and start playback instantly.

macourteau

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 6:43 pm
Superb tip macourteau !!

It's no wonder your are Ultra VIP [:o)

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 5:16 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I use this all the time I have my whole bottom row of keys on my keyboard are set to go to cues 1-5 on respective desks its invaluable for my shows.

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 6:00 am
Same here/Cyderhouse

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 9:19 am
but..... these shortcuts are already made into VDJ....

I use them too, often, and its a good DJ feature, but the Dev Team have made that feature into VDJ already, by pre-made keyboard shortcuts...

ALT+1 will go to cue 1 (and if the song is playing, it will play from that cue...)
ALt+2 will go to cue 2... all the way up to Alt+0 (cue10)

if you want a shortcut that starts at cue1 while song is NOT playing, macourteau tips is for sure the one.. ;)

and by the way, CTRL + number will SET cuepoint....

;)

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 1:42 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
left clicking on the stop button willl advance to cue 1 right clicking on the stop button will advance to the first beat of no cue is present.

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 5:01 pm
i have my shortcuts set for the keys 1-9
as go to cue and play cue

every time i hit 1 ( if deck is playing or not )
it will play cue 1 and so on till 9

and i have the loops set to the num pad

havin my cues set like that reminds me of atomix

smokey

Posted Sat 02 Oct 04 @ 3:55 pm
XEODEHome userMember since 2004
the right mouse button on the play button is a feature that i have used on many an occasion, thing is it starts playing again from slightly before when you paused it, i dont know if this is only on the version i am using but its realy annoying when you pause on-beat an it plays just before the beat anyway even tho you have made the effort of holding it at the crechendo and consequently is hard to time correctly when dropping it back in.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 12:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)