Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Vista Fixes N-Vidia GForce Go 7300 & 7400 Video Cards

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
For those with N-videa GForce Go 7300 & 7400 video cards who are having problems with your videos
Vista will fix the bugs and make them work as good if not better than an ATI X1400

With Vista Hardware acceleration problems no longer exist
All your visual effects & transitions will work just fine.

I would suggest doing a “Clean” upgrade (where vista wipes your hard drive)
Than reinstall all your old programs with the newest drivers.
Just doing an upgrade over your old version of XP will make some of your programs work poorly or not at all.

If any one else finds that Vista has helped their video run "Better OR Worse" please list it here.

I know lots of people have those GForce Go 7300 & 7400 video cards so now you have a fix.

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 9:24 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can anyone else confirm this also? I'll go out and buy it first thing if this is true.

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 10:07 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
does it help my nvidia gforce go 7600 as well?
Is it possible to install vista over XP and use vista only for vdj and XP for all the other programs?

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 12:25 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I like the idea of a clean install, but I'm going to wait until I know the firebox and a few otehr programs I have are supported byy Vista.
I does look really nice though.

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 2:28 pm
Yeah I tested vista and it definitely seems to handle video a bit better than xp. However, where the problems lie with vista is driver support for all of our pro sound cards. As far as I can tell so far there are no drivers for anything ESI or M-Audio or the Presonas etc... I hope these companies do something soon. You'd think they could have had something ready. Vista was in beta for how long????

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 10:43 pm
I just tested vista out at the computer store I bought my pc from on a computer with same geforce go 7400 graphics card 128 meg dedicated and 128 shared and it seemed to work flawlessly! It got me all excited lol. The only obvious difference between that and my laptop is that it has 2gig ram compared to my 1gig ram.

They said they would do a straight swap with my laptop since I have the problem with video freezing etc. My laptop is 17inch, has a media remote and extra usb port in comparison to the 15inch I tested. Good or bad idea?

I didnt see it as a good swap so I've opted to upgrade my ram to 2gig and install vista upgrade at cost price. Hopefully it works just as good as the laptop I tested vdj on. I find it quite convenient that they are still willing to allow me to swap the laptop I bought which is more than 6months old now and has a few wear and tear scratches lol.

I just remembered I had to copy my install files on the demo laptop, I better get back and delete them...

If anyone else has good news please report.

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 2:25 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I heard that it will also fix the 7600 too

Posted Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 9:27 am
Bump..

Posted Wed 14 Mar 07 @ 12:41 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
vista has a totaly new Video and sound Api

It handles it much better than xp due to optimised code

it is aslo great for shared graphics cards.

and you will find files load much faster :)

Posted Wed 14 Mar 07 @ 12:41 pm
yes vista fixed my graphic card 7400 turbo cache, but i want to change my laptop and the new card is nvideo quadro nvs 110 M, is there any one use it or know if its work better than 7400?

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 11:29 am
Can you actually run video (Vista as OS) using a notebook w/ nVidia Go 7400 on VDJ?
What format are the videos on? VOB? AVI? XVID? DIVX? MPEG?

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 1:33 pm
yes with vista it run very well and the effect and transition run good, I play all format of video the best work with vob.

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 3:41 pm
Just curious, why are you changing laptops if running videos works fine on your current laptop?

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 10:54 pm
skyfxl wrote :
vista has a totaly new Video and sound Api

It handles it much better than xp due to optimised code

it is aslo great for shared graphics cards.

and you will find files load much faster :)

Okay I'm thinking of switching to vista - but does the DAC2 have vista drivers yet?

what about the X-session Pro?

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 11:00 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
what about the Nvidia GeForce Go 7900 GS?

Posted Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 3:04 am
because the next one is to much better, core 2 duo 7200 with 4 mo cache.
The 7900 GS is good for video mixing, and with vista its better.

Posted Tue 20 Mar 07 @ 7:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)