Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: xferinf cue points and info from 3.4 to 4.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
How do I get all my cue points, comments and all that info from 3.4 to 4.2?

I just installed 4.2 on my laptop which already has 3.4

can someone let me know what to do?

I know that I need to xfer a file or 2 from the 3.4 folder to the 4.4 folder. but which ones???

please help.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 8:52 am
I have xfered the virtualdj database.xml over to 4.2 but I still don't have my info.

A curious thing though...

the database in 3.4 says I have 4,403 KB of data but when I run the pointer over the icon ti says I have 4.29 MB. is this the same size?

Also, I have 2 databases. One says VirtualDJ Database (Owner).xml and the other one says Virtual DJ Database.xml. the one that says owner is the 4.2 one and the one that does not say owner is the one from 3.4.

A little help please?

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 9:17 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ Database (Owner).xml -- Is the one being used by VDJ that's where the data needs to be. Did you have this file in 3.4? If so, then copy that to 4.2, else I can also help you get the data from the regular VirtualDJ Database.xml into the VirtualDJ Database (Owner).xml .

cstoll

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 12:33 pm
In 3.4 I did not have a (Owner) file just the Vitrual DJ Database.xml.

I could sure use the help of getting the info from the regularVDJ Database into the (Owner) Database cause I have no idea how to do it.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 6:14 pm
To anyone interested, ITS DONE

I had to copy the vdj database.xml from 3.2 into 4.2 then make a copy of it into the same folder, delete the first copy, rename the 2nd copy to virtual dj (Owner).xml, then delete the other database.xml

A pain in the ass...YES, but it worked.

I'm back in the clubs but now i'm armed with 4.2 and 300+ gigs of music thats analized, correctly bpm'd, cued, key coded, and commented on.

Rune... You Da Man

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)