Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Time Code CD

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know how to download the time code CD and then use them with my Denon DN-S3000. All I get is the time code noise i dont get the actual download save to option?????

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 11:55 pm

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 12:09 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
once you have it burn it as an audio disk :-)

not a data disk

gluck

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 10:41 am
with the 3000's you are gonna have to lower the volume of the timecode before you burn it (trust me i have the 5000's)

try reducing the volume to - 13db this should give the timecode reading in vdj>timecode settings a 100% (green light)

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 4:44 pm
yes

try http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

audacity if you dont have an audio editor

try lowering 2

-9db

6-db

and -13bd

make a copy of the disk for each :)

see what works for you :)

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 4:53 pm
if i have a denon dn-s1000 can i still use the timecoded cd?

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 4:38 am
Yes, but I'm not sure if timecode in VDJ is available for home edition users.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 8:51 pm
it is but you are limited to 5 minutes per track

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 10:00 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I dont have any issues with my 3500's....what issues do ou 3000 and 5000 users have? VDJ is all green when using the timecode.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 6:25 am
Any special adjustments I should make for TCCD's for Pioneer CDJ-800 MK2's ? Just bought em, haven't tried TCCD with em yet... Also, will VDJ recognize manual cues set on the CDJ's, as long as a new one is set for each new track?

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 4:44 pm
Poloralphloren wrote :

Also, will VDJ recognize manual cues set on the CDJ's, as long as a new one is set for each new track?

Yes ;) Any movement in any direction (such as cue) will be recognized by VDJ ;)

Everything on the CDJ works just as CD, except master tempo (needs to be done in software)

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 7:08 pm
Nice ;) What about auto-cue? Of course the CDJ's auto-cue won't work, since it's just a TCCD in it, not the real music... But does VDJ have an auto-cue feature? If so, I haven't tried it... If it does exist, does it work well? Is there a way to tell the VDJ via the CDJ to advance to the auto-cue position to start?

(Sorry I'm being lazy and not reading the manual for these questions... If you guys don't have time to give me a quick answer, I'll just look it up later :) )

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 7:58 pm
Poloralphloren wrote :

But does VDJ have an auto-cue feature? If so, I haven't tried it... If it does exist, does it work well? Is there a way to tell the VDJ via the CDJ to advance to the auto-cue position to start?

)

yes ;) its called auto cue in VDJ options tab. Will auto cue to first beat, or cue. With timecode too (if smart mode is used)

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 12:13 am
Only in smart mode? Relative mode wouldn't work for this then?

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 3:33 pm
those modes offer less support from the software for more hardcore manual turntablism :)

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 3:48 pm
Haha, well I usually use absolute mode on my TCV's... Guess I'm hard-core :) Hehehe... Anyway, haven't set up the TCCD's yet though -- one of the features I love about the CDJ's though is auto-cue... But to use auto-cue through VDJ I can't use absolute mode...

What exactly is the difference between relative mode and smart mode? And will relative mode work with auto-cue?

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 3:52 pm
oooh well mr hardcore

smart mode is intelegent it jumps in to help you out

relative doesnt offer as much help and the software acts relatively to the hardware , i think cue will work in both modes , im personaly softcore and use smart mode :)

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 4:03 pm
Hahaha, Mr. Hardcore is a good name... Maybe I'll take that as my DJ name some day ! ;)

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 10:36 pm
=)

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 10:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)