Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Finally almost ready to totally convert

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well after an exhausting three weeks trying to get my PCDJ codes reset after some upgrades on my laptop I was forced to use Virtual DJ for a 3 night stint in Breckenridge and this past week incuding New Years Eve at my regular club............Breckenridge with the laptop played great, and except for the cumbersome record case and about 30-40% of the songs having the incorrect bpm scan I am ready to switch over full time. I am still having some issues with sound card and or processor incompatibility on the clubs computer that maybe someone can help me out with.

Computer specs: P4 1.8g with 1 gig ddr400 ram and 250 hard drive with 60gig available. Sound cards are onboard Realtek (standard stereo not 4.1) Creative 24 bit live 4.1 and Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 7.1

The problem I am having is if I run Virtual Dj using either the creative or the turtle beach card while ANYTHING else is running or the computer is transferring files (backing up) to an external drive the sound pos and crackles and eventually crashes....it gets progressively worse on each song. The same thing happens if I use any combination of the two cards (i.e. Left player on Turtle Beach and Right Player on Realtek, Etc.) even when nothing is running in the background.

While I ran it New Years night without a problem (nothing else was running) on the creative card it made me REAL NERVOUS. I do not use keylock and I have the latency set to the first 512 setting (second lowest in performance settings) and all my mp3's are 192kb cbr.

The club won't invest in a professional sound card at this point (they say they are going to do video this summer and get a new computer with proper specs so they won't put any money into this one). I run the creative card on my home computer I use for testing and it runs fine with bothe audio and video......any suggestions anyone............I'm "this" close to being a full convert!

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 9:56 pm
you have a good enough system....have you seen all the info hear about these problems ?? many are fairly straightforward to fix and afflict even those of us w/ plenty of ram......you almost certainly have the wireless connection on, bad power mgmt settings , firewall across usb or firewire ports or irq conflicts. really random occurring sounds and dropouts are the wireless or also the irq problems

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 10:30 pm
Cel , Norway and Skyfxl can definitely help also usually the support at the soundcard vendor.

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 10:32 pm
you could help your system a lot by putting the music on an external drive and giving your C: a lot less burden also defrag until it says done then do it some more anyways ( if using windows defragger) otherwise get Diskeeper which myself and Skyfxl like and that will clean up your partitions much better than your used to.

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 10:37 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try lowering your proformance tab on the proformance tab
to free up some cpu ;)

and choose "autolatency"

see what happens

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 10:39 pm
i still say we could make that into a rap........lol

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 10:42 pm
yes :-)

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 10:44 pm
Wow, what quick response, y;all must be on vacation. i am on vacation and wilol be back to the club Thursday and will try those things suggested and let you know.......I can use an external drive (same one I use on my laptop, bu the other Dj needs to use the internal drive (which is NOT the c: drive....should have specified that. The C: drive is a seperate 200 gig drive with about 100 gig available). I have the latency set at the next to lowest setting already and really don't want to go any lower as it is just too much of a delay. I'll try the defrag and the irq settings thought.

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 10:45 pm

Just set latency to auto in VDJ performance tab.

That will over-ride VDJ latency settings, and use the cards own latency.

That way troublesome cards will run fine ;)

Actually, I suggest running on AUTO latency for almost ALL cards.

It makes a huge difference

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 10:55 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And please make sure everything is up-to-date to include your DirectX (Dec 06 - is latest release)

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 1:28 am

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 1:30 am
when you convert........enter the temple proudly, with head held high........

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 3:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)