Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Serato now has music for dj's - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

they now have a service called whitelabel.net for ssl users. we need to get some sort of mp3 service for users of VDJ. Someone needs to contact the record labels and also reach out to new and upcoming artist to get their music in the hands of working dj's.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:31 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sounds a good idea

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:34 am
go ahead

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:42 am
Yeah, Final Scratch users got an integrated Beatport online music service in their software with the release of Traktor DJ Studio 3.

Maybe we can get iTunes!

Let me call Steve Jobs at Apple, hold on...

He said "No".

Seriously though, maybe we can integrate my dj partners' online record pool http://www.exclusivegrooves.com/.

My dj partner and (hopefully, if VDJ/VV's TCV response and vinyls get as good as SSL's ) soon to be SSL to Virtual Vinyl switcher would be interested if I told him that there is some real interest. He's the CEO of that Online Record pool and Stacks Vinyl Record stores- DJ Icy Ice of LEGEND Entertainment (my dj crew), the world famous Beat Junkies, and 93.5 KDAY.

I think I might know someone who is working on developing the music video section for that site as well... who could that be?... I can't remember at the moment. ;)

Atomix/Numark people can contact me, or vice versa (I would need to know who to contact about this).

It's definitely worth a try.

Also, for anyone here in Southern California (LA, OC, IE, SD), and who have traditional vinyl needs as well as digital dj solution users, check out my partners 2 physical stores: http://www.stacksvinyl.com/store/

Lots of artists (mc's, turntablists/dj's, etc.) do regular appearances and signings, etc., PLUS there are regular FREE dj clinics for guy AND girl dj's, and a whole lot more!

Peace!

- ConQuest

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:16 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There is a possibility for such a service, but to take it one step further: a video download service ;).

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:26 pm
Bagpuss wrote :
There is a possibility for such a service, but to take it one step further: a video download service ;).

Umm, I think you missed it in my post...

"I think I might know someone who is working on developing the music video section for that site as well... who could that be?... I can't remember at the moment. ;)"

Again... ;)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:30 pm
aha :)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:39 pm
Bagpuss wrote :
aha :)

ahahahaaaa. :P

But imagine if we had a chance of getting iTunes integrated:

"Holiday iPod Sales May Have Beaten Expectations"
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/12/20061228134510.shtml

"Hitwise has issued a report stating that the market share of visits to Apple's iTunes website was up 413% on Christmas Day 2006 when compared to Christmas Day 2005."

"May" have beaten expectations?!!!

THAT'S an under-statetment. =P

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 1:42 pm
its ur dam companys fault its not intergrated by adding that drm to all their files dont forget lol!

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:54 pm

VDJ is "Play For Sure", and works perfect with Microsoft/MTV's Urge (www.urge.com)

Now, iTunes has some really stricky DRM sheme where you can only play tunes purchased from the shop on APPLE software/equipment, such as iPod.

Not only is that lame, its also ruled illegal in many countries, such as my own ;)

ConQuest, go tell Steve to do a real job, and loosen that DRM shit ;)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:58 pm
Correct me If I'm wrong but don't we already not have internal direct access to napster?

Didn't napster go through a really big pubilised court case about being legal/illegal say in about ummmmm 1995 or so? Since said court case they've been a legal pay-per-dowload site?

But I digress

Seeing as we already have access to a legal download site seems to me that we would only need access to a legal video site. How about promo only? Lots of Canadian/American DJ's already subcribe to them perhaps they would be willing to strike a deal now that this "upstart video game type dj software" is now accociated with Numark.

Just making a suggestion

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightCllub

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 7:16 pm

VDJ works with Napster (now fully legal company) and Yahoo music yes... Internally using the Global database;)

But a video service would be nice ;)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 7:19 pm
skyfxl wrote :
its ur dam companys fault its not intergrated by adding that drm to all their files dont forget lol!

LOL!

I know. But it's not Apple's fault that DRM had to be included. It was the music labels who demanded some sort of protection against piracy.

Apple just worked out the pricing structure that most people find reasonable. Apple only makes 11 cents on every track sold.

But Apple didn't open the iTunes Store to make money off of non-profitable downloads, they opened it to sell profitable iPods. ;)

Do you get the bigger picture yet?

And "my" company? What are you talking about? I can neither confirm nor deny that statement sir.;)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 10:35 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

VDJ is "Play For Sure", and works perfect with Microsoft/MTV's Urge (www.urge.com)

Now, iTunes has some really stricky DRM sheme where you can only play tunes purchased from the shop on APPLE software/equipment, such as iPod.

Not only is that lame, its also ruled illegal in many countries, such as my own ;)

ConQuest, go tell Steve to do a real job, and loosen that DRM shit ;)

Isn't it interesting that microsoft's own Zune (as in "Zune to be discontinued") doesn't even support PlayForSure?

Wow. I would be PISSED if I were one of the companies that made my hardware microsoft "PlayForSure compatabile" and then microsoft didn't even make their own branded doomed Zune compatabile with that.

They should of called that DRM scheme, "We can't quite figure how to even make a dent in Apple's iPod/iTunes ecosystem but, what the heck? It might work... probably not though... NotForSure".

That basically sums it up.

;)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 10:41 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

VDJ works with Napster (now fully legal company) and Yahoo music yes... Internally using the Global database;)

Napster is hanging on for dear life and always has been since it's attempted resurrection that never happened. That's why microsoft dumped it and is trying to push "urge" through MTV. Napster and microsoft just ended up blaming eachother for the overall failure.

They're already in talks for how much to put Napster up for sale for.

Unfortuanately it was the combination of them being so bad, and Apple's iPod/iTunes ecosystem being so good that doomed them from the start.

Just like Rio went out of business last year, and Creative now is part of the "Made For iPod" consortium, resistance is futile.

WE are the ones who have always fought microsoft's tyranny, and now that the "freedom fighters" are gaining ground, people want to try and call us the tyrannical ones.

That's happens with every shift of power though in ALL aspects of life.

I don't have a problem with dominance if it was obtained through legal means [norway, the bill you speak of was SEVERELY revised for the iTunes Store as it had been by the French months ago, and the store continues to expand rapidly: Apple Launches New Zealand iTunes and Online Apple Stores - http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/12/20061205144250.shtml]. Remember, microsoft is the company that has been convicted 3 time in 5 years by 3 countries because of thier ILLEGAL, monopolistic and anti-trust "business" tactics".

Also, I don't mind dominance of a product that is dominant because of superior innovation and quality. THAT is Apple. =)

dj-in-norway wrote :
But a video service would be nice ;)

Already got that covered. ;)

As I told BagPuss, I'm racing against Numark Virtual Vinyl's release to get the MUSIC VIDEO section up and running at my dj partner's online record pool www.ExclusiveGrooves.com.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 10:58 pm
ConQuest wrote :
"my" company? What are you talking about? I can neither confirm nor deny that statement sir.;)

i know who u work for lol;)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 11:04 pm

one rotten apple... lol ;)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 11:09 pm
Mac-donalds ;)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 11:11 pm
Bagpuss wrote :
Mac-donalds ;)

yes works with those bigmac's ;)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 11:12 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Step 1: Burn your napster/itunes/urge tracks to a cd.
Step 2: Rip said cd back to your hard drive.
Step 3: Enjoy unfettered mp3's

Sounds like work, but I think it's more work dealing with all the stupid drm crap.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 11:29 pm
59%