Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Serato now has music for dj's - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
how about dont use any music service. use the plethora of free methods inculuding p2p. find out who ACTUALY PUT THE WORK IN MAKING THE SONG and send them 99cents, what the hell, make it a dollar.

drm and all this protection crap is exactly that. it stops you doing what you want with YOUR music. who the fuck wants to rent a song? if you read the small print they can withdraw your 'limited licenece for playback and storage' at any time they want with no warning, no wonder CD sales are actualy going UP this christmas compared to last year (in the UK atleast).

dont even get me started on the new Micro$oft Zune, more restrictions and protections than China.
does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to fill up a 30gb Zune at 99c a song? its madness, you cant even bring your songs from other services or use it as a harddrive like prety much ANY other player.

anyway thats a bit off topic now lol, rant over

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:43 am
Dj Xeo wrote :
how about dont use any music service. use the plethora of free methods inculuding p2p. find out who ACTUALY PUT THE WORK IN MAKING THE SONG and send them 99cents, what the hell, make it a dollar.

Agreed.

If only we ALL could do this. Bypass the greedy record labels and pay the actual artists instead.

Only in a perfect world at this time though, unfortunately...

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:09 pm
skyfxl wrote :
i know who u work for lol;)

dj-in-norway wrote :
one rotten apple... lol ;)

Bagpuss wrote :
Mac-donalds ;)

skyfxl wrote :
yes works with those bigmac's ;)

Pure speculation. ;)

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
my spy satalites tell me all

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:38 pm
skyfxl wrote :
my spy satalites tell me all

If those satellites use any version of a microsoft OS, they obviously don't work, so you would be wrong dear sir.

;)

However, if they use Mac OS X I'm in BIG trouble.... because security, stability, and reliability would then all be part of the equation.

=P

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:44 pm
i still havent got over the fact on the microsoft version of google earth they replaced the mac hq with a feild full of sheep (right in the middle of a city) hehe

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 1:58 pm
skyfxl wrote :
i still havent got over the fact on the microsoft version of google earth they replaced the mac hq with a feild full of sheep hehe

That was only because on the Mac version of Google Earth [remember, Google's CEO joined Apple's Board of Directors - NOT microsoft's because Google is actually a legallly innovative company as well, back in August - http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/aug/29bod.html ] we replaced miCrapsoft's HQ in Redmond, Washington with a bunch of lemmings:

http://www.flamingmailbox.com/maccomedy/movies/lemmings.html

;)

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 2:02 pm
hehe

i think we should replace serato aslo;)

but until that time remember we are always watching

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 2:08 pm
skyfxl wrote :
hehe

i think we should replace serato aslo;)

but until that time remember we are always watching]

I'm cool with both of those "aquisitions", sky. =)

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 2:14 pm

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 8:00 pm

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 8:05 pm
I use to do that with karaoke… 2 computers.. One to stream the song and the other to capture.. Worked really well… I was using Djpower at the time and they didn’t support mp3+g’s. Song took up tons of space..
Not that we promote such activities here, could you explain the method you would use?

Is there a Video Pool or something like Napster/yahoo/itunes for videos.. I want to make the pitch in my area..

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 8:51 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
http://music.yahoo.com/musicvideos/ looks nice

If it had a tiny bit better resolutions, I could just stream rip it, and get LOADS of videos for free ;))) hehe

course no one here would ever do such a thing lol

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 8:53 pm
I’m trying to be a little more on the up&up. Around my neighborhood were nobody has yet to try music videos in a night club or bar, I could be putting a bull’s-eye on myself .

The Dj’s around here are just getting into being computerized when I’ve been since 1998..
I have a real job ahead of me to convince folks on a Video DJ Night.. They're too into KARAOKE..
The bunch of hicks.

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 9:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)