Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SCRATCHING - HELP! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

micha3lHome userMember since 2006
listen2 wrote :
micha3l wrote :
I just wish somebody would read this and help me.. lol

did you put you u46 to line inputs? and calibrate
after thats done uncheck riaa, it should fast scratch way better.

if you like i will even upload a clip, so you can hear the quality

Yeah, i tried doing that.. same thing...

The funny thing is that I tried it with my BCD-2000, the latency is better.

Pretty weird...

The only thing I hate now is that it loses track.

Posted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 11:41 pm

Did you really do what the thread told u to?

Set u46 asio latency to AUTO in vdj,

It should work great... :)

Posted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 11:43 pm
Yeahp,

Auto in VDJ

and 64, 128 or 256 in U46DJ Control Panel. I tried all of them, still loses track.

My Needles are new.

Posted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 11:47 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
ok but now you have better sounding scratches no???

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:30 am
uhh.. not really...

Just better latency and it picks it up more.

It loses its track especially when you do a backspin.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:36 am
Try sending me a sample of your scratches and I'll compare it to mine... like beat scratches.

Maybe im just too audiophile but nevertheless, I just want to compare.

thanks

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:41 am
sure i can send a sample, i will scratch with no fader so you can hear exactly and do a couple backspins

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 12:49 am
micha3l wrote :
uhh.. not really...

Pretty soon you're going to realize that your problems are most likely caused by the fact that VDJ does not read timecode from the vinyl when it is moving backwards, only forward. From all your posts, this is what it sounds like your problem is. Fiddling with settings is not going to ever fix the fact that the program only reads positional information when the record is moving forward.

This is why when you do a backspin and then push forward, the track might suddenly jump to a new position.

You mentioned Serato works perfectly for you. Serato reads timecode forward and backward.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 1:48 am
micha3l wrote :
Yeahp,

Auto in VDJ

and 64, 128 or 256 in U46DJ Control Panel. I tried all of them, still loses track.

My Needles are new.

How come the lowest I can go to on my U46DJ control panel is 128? I don't see the 64 option. Do I ned a better driver? I'm using .14 which is what I got with the soundcard. I tried .16, but it didn't work for me.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 1:53 am
anewsome wrote :
micha3l wrote :
uhh.. not really...

Pretty soon you're going to realize that your problems are most likely caused by the fact that VDJ does not read timecode from the vinyl when it is moving backwards, only forward. From all your posts, this is what it sounds like your problem is. Fiddling with settings is not going to ever fix the fact that the program only reads positional information when the record is moving forward.

This is why when you do a backspin and then push forward, the track might suddenly jump to a new position.

You mentioned Serato works perfectly for you. Serato reads timecode forward and backward.

I don't have Serato but I tried it.

Maybe that's why I can't do Baby Scratches or Chirping Scratches.

That could be a reason why Mantahoe's scratching is better coz he uses Serato TCVs.

Do you think by using a Serato TCV would solve this problem?

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 2:45 am
Mantahoe wrote :
micha3l wrote :
Yeahp,

Auto in VDJ

My Needles are new.

How come the lowest I can go to on my U46DJ control panel is 128? I don't see the 64 option. Do I ned a better driver? I'm using .14 which is what I got with the soundcard. I tried .16, but it didn't work for me.

Try this bro,

http://www.mixvibes.com/driver/install_U46DJ_v1_0_18.zip

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 2:46 am
Cheers, i'll try it when I get home. Is that what you're using?

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 3:11 am
yeah, Pretty good latency but really bad quality as VDJ doesn't have that much good support with TCV (that's what I read).

You use Serato TCVs right? Would it be possible if you could record some fast scratches, some baby and chirp scratches so I could compare it to a regular VDJ TCV?

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 3:17 am
listen2 wrote :

well we're talking about a few different things, yes i agree if vdj read code backwards it would improve things, but in this case anewsome you have gen1 tcv which do not backspin well at all and will jump back about 1 beat because of the change in motion, ver2 can actually pull off some pretty good backspins without jumping off position.

mantahoe, just use what works, i was unable to use 1.014 at all and 1.018 was super strange(sounded like chopped and screwed) the best i have on 1.016 is 80 but i am pretty pleased with 120.

Do you really think I have 1stGen TCVs? I just got these TCVs last month. Is there a way to find out if you have the old ones?

Another thing, I can do backspins, but it's just not perfect and it loses track so I can't use my markers and I can't do a perfect Baby or Chirp Scratch too.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 3:20 am
no i'm prety sure you have 2nd gen, i was saying that anewsome's tcv are 1st gen

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 4:05 am
listen2 wrote :
no i'm prety sure you have 2nd gen, i was saying that anewsome's tcv are 1st gen

So how do you think would I be able to solve my problem?

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 5:10 am
micha3l wrote :

You use Serato TCVs right? Would it be possible if you could record some fast scratches, some baby and chirp scratches so I could compare it to a regular VDJ TCV?
I'll put something up tomorrow then i'll let you know.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 6:08 am
micha3l wrote :

i use vdj gen 1 vinyls because they work better than serato vinyls. using serato vinyls will not make vdj read timecode in both directions. whichever vinyl you use, vdj only reads timecode in the forward direction. this is what is causing your problems. if you scratch, set your settings so the timecode not reading in reverse doesn't affect you as much (use relative, etc). you still won't be able to rock doubles and use the marks on your records to position yourself in the track, you'll need to use the screen for that,.. but it's better than backspinning and releasing then having the track jump to some random place unexepectedly.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 7:46 am
i think the core of this thread still goes back like the rest of the TC threads do and hit on the fact that improvement is need to completely stablize TC reading/movement.

but at least the scratch sound should be good

micha3l if you look at the u46 you should see a serial number with either a 50,51,60 in about the middle of it, which do you have? each driver seems to act differently on each.

it might be easier micha3l if you can make an audio and or video clip so we can see/hear exactly what your problem is. The control might not be easy to fix or until the next update but certainly the sound should.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 2:37 pm
listen2 wrote :
i think the core of this thread still goes back like the rest of the TC threads do and hit on the fact that improvement is need to completely stablize TC reading/movement.

but at least the scratch sound should be good

micha3l if you look at the u46 you should see a serial number with either a 50,51,60 in about the middle of it, which do you have? each driver seems to act differently on each.

it might be easier micha3l if you can make an audio and or video clip so we can see/hear exactly what your problem is. The control might not be easy to fix or until the next update but certainly the sound should.

I have the ESJ051

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 7:23 pm
73%