Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Updating Your Database?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

micha3lHome userMember since 2006
How do you write the VDJ Tags (including BPM) to ID3 Tags for MP3s?

Posted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 12:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 10:26 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 10:51 am
DJ FORMAT wrote :
u might find this useful to
http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

definately ; i just spent 1 1/2 days with the demo =-)!! i retagged 26,732 files erased all comments and renamed all filenames and id3 tags...now i'm ready for internet radio lol.

I had purchased ultra tag editor to start my task but i found the version they gave me wasnt the version in the help files heheh (some help ) but i was able to do all except the comments..So i went googling and found this program and it worked so soon as my money goes into the bank im def gonna buy this tag n rename .and they're making a new version rt now (they got a beta trial version demo now(hope i has a bigger window to view files cause the tools take up alot of screen room ))lol

I tried media monkey;godfather;mp3 tagit ;the famous itunes (=P@itunes)heheh.
but this by far is no 1 with ultra tag editor being 2nd IMO

Posted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 3:32 pm
Hey what does that database updater program do exactly?

And I tried enabling the "Write VDJ Tags" option, but the files don't seem to have the comments incorporated into the ID3 tag... How do I activate the option, so it populates all my files with the comments I've put into VDJ ?

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 12:19 am
the vdj tool

scans all the files rapidly saving hours of scanning

and lets you write information to the tags vdj can read

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 12:39 am
I tried to run VDJ database updater and it didn't work for me. I get this message.
ERROR: at least one file is not present on the hard drive. Please enter the correct path to the file. Updating aborted. All my music is on external hard drives I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I did point the program to the mp3database.txt file in the Virtual DJ folder, but it still gave me this error.

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 4:44 pm
Yeah, I don't get it... I tried the VDJ database updater too, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I am trying to write the BPM's calculated in VDJ to the "Comments" or "BPM" ID3 tag for the file... I followed the steps as closely as I could, it says the changes have been made, but then when I look at the file in Tag&Rename, the tags are still blank. How do you get this program to work properly ?

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 7:17 pm
prehaps write a new database ?

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 7:23 pm
Hmmm, start over completely with a new one ? I'd rather not do that, as the current one took many months to develop :) Any other ideas ?

What I'd ultimately like to do is something like this: Create an Excel spreadsheet with a row for each track, displaying track title, artist, length, BPM, and comments... Any way to export VDJ database to an Excel file? I know I can open up the VDJ database in Excel, but it's not very pretty looking that way...

Posted Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 7:45 pm
Next week Im off, so I probably could create an little export application.
Ewout

Posted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 11:58 am
Poloralphloren wrote :
Hmmm, start over completely with a new one ? I'd rather not do that, as the current one took many months to develop :) Any other ideas ?

What I'd ultimately like to do is something like this: Create an Excel spreadsheet with a row for each track, displaying track title, artist, length, BPM, and comments... Any way to export VDJ database to an Excel file? I know I can open up the VDJ database in Excel, but it's not very pretty looking that way...

if you use the database updater tool it will help you tag it as you want

Posted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 12:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)