Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: The Ultimate Guide to Broadcasting With Virtual Dj - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dj axilHome userMember since 2006
Hi everybody yesterday i connected to this radio server for my dayly session but what's weird is that the broadcast server shows me to be 'up and private' instead of 'up and public'.
It's a shoutcast server and with winamp it seems to be up and public.

Why what's going on?
Can i fix it?

Thanks
DJ @XiL
www.fusionradio.biz
djaxil@hotmail.com

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 6:45 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
which version are you using?

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 6:59 pm
VDJ 3.i dont know the latest
:D

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 8:27 pm
ok , do you have a router and have you followed the steps in the guide to forward ports through your firewall and router (if you have one)

remember you need for unblock and forward port 8000 and 8001

Posted Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 9:15 pm
yep u see i dont have a router a simple usb moderm and i use a different port 9936 if i remember right.
i can broascast the problem is like i say it runs it as a private session instead of a public one like in a winamp broadcast.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 6:45 am
to be listed in the shoutcast directory if your using the shoutcast server externaly you must use port 8000

please note if you using the internal , shoutcast plugin in vdj it wont list in the directory either , but it can broadcast to a external public server if you choose the external server option

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 9:31 am
ok thanks how do i do that?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 1:21 pm
look at the first page of this topic its all explained in the guide :)

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 1:42 pm
Thanks m8

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 3:09 pm
calicoHome userMember since 2007
How can I broadcast on Home Edition?

Well, maybe broadcast is the wrong choice of words. I would like to play music and talk over it but save it to a file (later for cd). Thanks

I hit the broadcast and it says I need a plug in

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 7:07 pm
choose the record mp3 option

use mic + main

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 7:51 pm
daomHome userMember since 2007
Completely new to this program... (home edition)

can't even find the broadcast config from the first page
or reference in the pdf help file...

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 4:05 pm

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 4:21 pm
djklipHome userMember since 2006
The encoder box is empty and i cant find it in the VDJ folder i have the MK2. i think it is whats stopping me from broadcasting. anyone know where i can download this encoder?

Posted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 6:59 pm

Posted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 7:21 pm
Hello all...

Well, I have read through all 7 pages of this thread and can't seem to find the answer I am looking for.

Is anyone having any success broadcasting to Live 365? I have a station there but cannot get VDJ to broadcast and can't figure out why. I have followed the instructions in the beginning of the post for setting up my broadcast but seem to get lost where I begin broadcasting to Live 365. Is there a step by step somewhere that I don't know about? Any help that anyone would be willing to offer would be great.

Thanks so much...

Wayne Theurer

Posted Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 5:35 am
have you enabled the server on their end?

in your acount you need to turn on your server acess

Posted Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 2:05 pm
Yes, it says that my Live365.com server is on, and gives me this port information: 216.235.91.35:20298

When I type this information into VDJ's recording configure, it says that I am connected and broadcasting to Live365, but Live365 shows off the air.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 11:26 pm
Hello, I am new here.

Ok so I read all this, and I take it, I cannot broadcast unless I have a router? Because I don't at the moment. I have been using listen2myradio.com but I don't get enough listeners.

Is that it? I got the same problem like the other person. I want others to listen but when they go to the url 869.0044 bla bla....VDJ.mp3 it shows page not found.

I'm completely confused if there is an option without a router...

Posted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 1:23 am
Anyone else experiening problems with shoutcast meta-data updates (titles)? For example, every 3rd song is updated... I think it's buggy (Virtual DJ 5.2)

Posted Thu 27 Nov 08 @ 12:48 am
68%