Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Odessey Laptop Stand

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey, I just picked up this laptop stand from www.pssl.com and what help! the laptop is lifted up and angled in a way that makes typing and viewing much more efficient! Here is the link: http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl~waGroup1datarq~laptop stand~eqint_KeyIDdata~45525~UID~2006101618390765~newproduct~T~itemNumber~LAP-STAND 01 and I recommend it to any mobile or club dj. youknow, even if you play at home this is a 70 dollar item that will make that what you already enjoy even more enjoyable. Cheers!

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 4:23 pm
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi DJKizzle,

The very laptop stand I use ( you can see it in my blog) is the one you are talking about. I totally agree. I used to have Spacetek Laptop stand (it is about 25lbs). This is very practical, and sturdy.

Good information.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 5:08 pm
Glad you like it! It's so comfortable to use!

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 5:11 pm
That link didnt work.... try this one...

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl~waGroup1datarq~LAP-STAND%2001%20~eqint_KeyIDdata~45525~UID~2006092606472265~newproduct~T~itemNumber~LAP-STAND%2001

i was just looking at a stand made by road ready .i like road ready but it doesnt have enough specs .i can seethat the oddessey stand is adjustable and it breaks down..great portability.
guess i'll have to go to L.A to see it for my self.
here is the road ready one ..its bout 10 bucks more also space for your sound card or xternal...
item #rr-lap

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl~waGroup1datarq~road%20ready%20lap~eqint_KeyIDdata~45408~UID~2006092606472265~newproduct~T~itemNumber~RR-LAP-ADAPTER%2001

choices..choices.. dunno which one i want.lol.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 5:24 pm
gulker wrote :
Hi DJKizzle,

The very laptop stand I use ( you can see it in my blog) is the one you are talking about. I totally agree. I used to have Spacetek Laptop stand (it is about 25lbs). This is very practical, and sturdy.

Good information.

WOW...; wires wires everywhere lol;j/k
nice set-up.....so how do u like the icdx's?

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 5:58 pm
Keep in mind that the road ready stand needs to be mounted on the rear of a top rack. This means for club use you have to hope that there is a top rack in the booth and that you can adjust the equipment to fit the stand in there. Personally I dont like placing the laptop infront of me like that because it blocks my view of the dancfloor at private party, and in a way, separates you from the crowd. These are things you might want to consider when chosing which stand to purchase. There isn't much flexibility to the road reay stand, it must go in the back of a top rack. The odessey stand is stand-alon, can clamp to a table, or to a top case. and it breaks down easily. I'm biased because I use the Odessey, but in comparing specs and info about either product, Odessey just seems more user friendly, portable, versatile.....and a whopping 10 bucks cheaper!

Happy choosing!

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 7:16 pm
actually the road ready stand sits under you mixer in a case which isnt bad since my setup is in a coffin and i am 6'1 so i would still be able to see the crowd....however .... since i am a bargain shopper lol...
i just found the odessey stand for 49bucks checkit out :

http://www.hollywooddj.com/odysseylstand.html

so i'll most likely mount it on the sude of my coffin since right now im using a sheet music stand which sits on the side of my coffin now heheh

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 11:14 pm
heh gotchya, enjoy!

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 12:20 am
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
dj t boogie wrote :

WOW...; wires wires everywhere lol;j/k
nice set-up.....so how do u like the icdx's?

Heheheh, wires drive me crazy too, I actually have wire snake, that encapsulates those USB etc wires. I did not have enough time to wrap them at the time.

Those iCDXs are really good, I probably wrote couple of dozen times that I love them (overkill may be) hehehe.

DJ coffin is American audio coffin made for Numark combo. But an understanding sales person let me have it seperately. ;)

DJ Palamuth

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 7:43 pm
sweet ;that coffin looks lik it was designed for the icdx's

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 8:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)